MJ-Palooza!

Pongo

talkinghands said:
HI Luke. How did you all do at the competition?

Not as well as I'd hoped.

But the scores that we got were pretty sketchy. Our scores were 116, 126, and 142.

There's a 26 point discrepency in there, and it looks a little suspicious. The competition is judged differently at the International level than at the Regional and State levels. But we haven't actually seen our booklet, so we can't really figure out where the judges went wrong.

But we had a TON of fun. Which is all that matters :D

Uponastar

Pongo said:
Not as well as I'd hoped.

But the scores that we got were pretty sketchy. Our scores were 116, 126, and 142.

There's a 26 point discrepency in there, and it looks a little suspicious. The competition is judged differently at the International level than at the Regional and State levels. But we haven't actually seen our booklet, so we can't really figure out where the judges went wrong.

But we had a TON of fun. Which is all that matters :D

Yay for a ton of fun! :sohappy:
What did you think of Boulder?

Pongo

MommytoMJM said:
Hi Luke

FLYING TACKLES!!!!

We missed you!

I missed you guys too.

I was going to post something brief last night via a campus computer... but the keyboard frustrated me. So I didn't. Obviously.

Pongo

Uponastar said:
Luke, it was dreary here today!
Not the best time to view the city.
Did you leave the airport at all?

It was pretty rainy.

I didn't get to leave the airport. I don't know how we would have gotten anywhere if we did. The four hours went by fast, though.

I got to see Downtown as we were taxiing for take-off though :)

That and a big greenish/blueish bridge.

Uponastar

Pongo said:
It was pretty rainy.

I didn't get to leave the airport. I don't know how we would have gotten anywhere if we did. The four hours went by fast, though.

I got to see Downtown as we were taxiing for take-off though :)

That and a big greenish/blueish bridge.

The Benjamin Franklin Bridge!
For a big city, don't we have a very small skyline?
Only a handful of skyscrapers, due to the fact that for the longest time, no building could be bigger than City Hall.

Oh, it is so weird to think that you were so close today. :(

Pongo

Uponastar said:
Yay for a ton of fun! :sohappy:
What did you think of Boulder?

We weren't in Boulder :lookaroun

We flew into Denver and then went to Fort Collins.

We only spent one night in Denver, in which we went downtown and had dinner at a great restaurant. Downtown Denver is really cool.

CSU is a pretty typical college campus. Nothing too special. The food is nothing to brag about.

On Thursday we went horseback riding up and down a mountain, which was REALLY cool. The trails that the horses took were so narrow and filled with rocks... mine slipped a few times. What made it extra scary was that at one point, we were right on the EDGE of a sheer, straight-down drop that went to a road. but it was BEAUTIFUL.

Friday was competition. Very mentally draining.

Yesterday we went to the Rocky Mountains. It was my first time there. WOW :eek: It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my entire LIFE! Definitely something EVERyONE should do before they die. We went to the conitinental divide and played in the snow (only my third time EVER seeing snow). We hiked to an amazingly fierce waterfall. We saw elk! That was my main goal of the four days. To see wild elk. There was actually a herd that crossed the street of a major intersecton of the city (Estes Park) that sits on the edge of the Park. It was really weird and cool at the same time. I was awestruck.

I got 2 hours of sleep last night because we had the variety show and dance last night, which ended at midnight. We woke up at 3 this morning because we had to get to the airport by five (an hour to get there plus an uncertain amount of time to turn in rental car and get tickets...).

All in all, Colorado is BEAUTIFUL. That's the only word I can think of. I had never seen anything like it before this week.

I'm such a Florida boy :lol: :lookaroun

Pongo

Uponastar said:
The Benjamin Franklin Bridge!
For a big city, don't we have a very small skyline?
Only a handful of skyscrapers, due to the fact that for the longest time, no building could be bigger than City Hall.

Oh, it is so weird to think that you were so close today. :(

It is pretty weird to think about.

And I'm not used to expansive skylines, so it still looked pretty grand to me.

Denver's wasn't too crazy either. Probably the same size as yours.

maggiegrace1

Pongo said:

We only spent one night in Denver, in which we went downtown and had dinner at a great restaurant. Downtown Denver is really cool.

CSU is a pretty typical college campus. Nothing too special. The food is nothing to brag about.

On Thursday we went horseback riding up and down a mountain, which was REALLY cool. The trails that the horses took were so narrow and filled with rocks... mine slipped a few times. What made it extra scary was that at one point, we were right on the EDGE of a sheer, straight-down drop that went to a road. but it was BEAUTIFUL.

Yesterday we went to the Rocky Mountains. It was my first time there. WOW :eek: It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my entire LIFE! Definitely something EVERyONE should do before they die. We went to the conitinental divide and played in the snow (only my third time EVER seeing snow). We hiked to an amazingly fierce waterfall. We saw elk! That was my main goal of the four days. To see wild elk. There was actually a herd that crossed the street of a major intersecton of the city (Estes Park) that sits on the edge of the Park. It was really weird and cool at the same time. I was awestruck.

I got 2 hours of sleep last night because we had the variety show and dance last night, which ended at midnight. We woke up at 3 this morning because we had to get to the airport by five (an hour to get there plus an uncertain amount of time to turn in rental car and get tickets...).

All in all, Colorado is BEAUTIFUL. That's the only word I can think of. I had never seen anything like it before this week.

That All sounds great..
I am so glad you had a wonderful time..
and that you saw elk too..:)

Uponastar

Pongo said:

Where did I get Boulder? :p :lol:
Anyway, Colorado sounds beautiful.
Certainly different from Florida!

And it sure looks like you had a really good time!
You must be tired!

Pongo

Uponastar said:
Where did I get Boulder? :p :lol:
Anyway, Colorado sounds beautiful.
Certainly different from Florida!

And it sure looks like you had a really good time!
You must be tired!

Yeah, I'm pretty tired. But it's mostly an exhastion than a sleepiness.

Planes do that to me.

Pongo

Uponastar said:
That must have been really something to see!
You don't get many elk strolling through Florida intersections!

None at all :lol:

OT: Does anyone here get the Wall Street Journal? There were two articles in it about Disney today. One about Cars and another about Disney vs. Local wildlife.

Both are great.

Uponastar

Now I really am going!

Luke, I'm glad I checked the Currently Active Users list in Chit-Chat before I left! :lol:
I'm happy you're back and and I'm glad I got a chance to talk to you tonight!

Good night everyone! :wave:

Uponastar

Pongo said:
None at all :lol:

OT: Does anyone here get the Wall Street Journal? There were two articles in it about Disney today. One about Cars and another about Disney vs. Local wildlife.

Both are great.

Airport reading? :)
I'll have it check it out online!

Pongo

Uponastar said:
Now I really am going!

Luke, I'm glad I checked the Currently Active Users list in Chit-Chat before I left! :lol:
I'm happy you're back and and I'm glad I got a chance to talk to you tonight!

Good night everyone! :wave:

Goodnight Dot! :wave: :kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom