Mj 2.0!

Pongo

Hello.

I'm frustrated. I downloaded some Disney fonts from this website, but I can only get one to work anywhere. I don't know what the problem is.

Sigh.

Connor002

Pongo said:
Hello.

I'm frustrated. I downloaded some Disney fonts from this website, but I can only get one to work anywhere. I don't know what the problem is.

Sigh.

From MIckeyAvenue?
What won't work?

Connor002

Pongo said:
Everything but Waltograph. I don't know what I did right with that one.

Wanna walk me through it step by step? :lol:

You tell me how you're doing it, I'll tell you what you did wrong.
I got pretty good at installing fonts. I went on a font-downloading rampage a while back. :lookaroun

Pongo

Connor002 said:
You tell me how you're doing it, I'll tell you what you did wrong.
I got pretty good at installing fonts. I went on a font-downloading rampage a while back. :lookaroun

Well, I downloaded them. Then I extracted them to my FONTS folder that is inside my WINDOWS folder that is inside my HD that is inside My Computer.

And that's all. Am I missing something?

Connor002

Pongo said:
Well, I downloaded them. Then I extracted them to my FONTS folder that is inside my WINDOWS folder that is inside my HD that is inside My Computer.

And that's all. Am I missing something?

Hmm... it dosen't sound like you did anything wrong. What were you using for them? Microsoft Word?

Pongo

Connor002 said:
Hmm... it dosen't sound like you did anything wrong. What were you using for them? Microsoft Word?

Yeah. It's weird. Waltograph and Prototype show up on the font selection bar... but when I try to type in Prototype, it automatically switches back to Times New Roman.

:veryconfu Technology sucks sometimes.

Connor002

Pongo said:
Yeah. It's weird. Waltograph and Prototype show up on the font selection bar... but when I try to type in Prototype, it automatically switches back to Times New Roman.

:veryconfu Technology sucks sometimes.

Huh... I don;t know. You're either doing something wrong, of your computer is messed up, because I just installed Prototype and used it with no problem...

Pongo

Connor002 said:
Huh... I don;t know. You're either doing something wrong, of your computer is messed up, because I just installed Prototype and used it with no problem...

Where did you save it to? And what did you do after you saved it?

Connor002

Pongo said:
Where did you save it to? And what did you do after you saved it?

Website>"Download font">Save as [fontname] to My Documents.

Go to My Documents>Right Click> Extract All> Show Files.

Leave font folder open.

Go to Control Panel> Fonts.

Copy/Paste or Drag/Drop TrueType/OpenType file into Fonts folder.

Pongo

Connor002 said:
Website>"Download font">Save as [fontname] to My Documents.

Go to My Documents>Right Click> Extract All> Show Files.

Leave font folder open.

Go to Control Panel> Fonts.

Copy/Paste or Drag/Drop TrueType/OpenType file into Fonts folder.

Hmm... Not sure if I understood much of that... but I think I essentially get it. And I think I did the equivalent...

:veryconfu

Maybe I'll just delet them all and try again tomorrow :lol:

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
You need to install them in the Fonts folder using the Install font feature...

extract them to a folder that *isn't* your fonts folder...when you install it asks you wehre to find the TT Font, point to the folder with the extracted files and there you go!

Connor002

MommytoMJM said:
You need to install them in the Fonts folder using the Install font feature...

extract them to a folder that *isn't* your fonts folder...when you install it asks you wehre to find the TT Font, point to the folder with the extracted files and there you go!

No, I don't. I extract tyhem using the atomatic folder that is created in the extraction process, then more them to the fonts folder, just drag and drop.

I don't know, maybe it's just my computer. I have an HP running on Windows XP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom