Mj 2.0!

Uponastar

I never realized you were that close to WDW!
Lucky you!

When we drive there, or rent a car, we drive all over the entire state.
Have done so several times.
We've probably been in your neck of the woods a few times.
Do you actually live close to the ocean?

Uponastar

Pongo said:
I plan on going to college in Ohio. That will be the equvalent of a culture shock for me :lol:

Do you think you can handle it?

:lookaroun

Pongo said:
I've never seen leaves change color. Except from a plane. And that was in Georgia :lookaroun

Overrated.
To me, it just means they're dying.

Can you tell I'm not really a "change of seasons" person?
I would love all summer all the time.

jesserin

Pongo said:
I plan on going to college in Ohio. That will be the equvalent of a culture shock for me :lol:

Are you crazy? Ohioans leave OH to go south... You're actually Choosing to go to Ohio? :brick: :hammer: :lol:

Pongo

Uponastar said:
Do you actually live close to the ocean?

:lol: What a question. That made me laugh.

But yes. I live on the mainland, though. There are two skinny barrier islands and some causeways you have to go over to get to the beach. but it's still only about 5-10 minutes away, depending on which beach you want to go to.

My school is actually across the street from the ocean. I'll find a picture on Google maps.

Uponastar

jesserin said:
Hi Dot & Luke... and any lurkers! :) Hope y'all are having a beautiful Sunday![/quote]

Giving it my best shot! :)
Not feeling really great, but we are going out tonight.

A friend belongs to an organization that has a "donor dinner" every spring.
She always invites our little group of friends as her guests.
It's a really nice affair with amazing food.
Hope we're feeling a little better by 5:00PM.

How's your weekend going?

Pongo

Uponastar said:
Do you think you can handle it?

It'll be tough. I don'd think I own enough jackets...

Dot said:
Overrated.
To me, it just means they're dying.

Can you tell I'm not really a "change of seasons" person?
I would love all summer all the time.

I love autumn. It's my favorite season. Summer is way too hot down here sometimes. Our "autumns" are just perfect. You never know how the weather is going to be each day.

And there's fog. Gotta love fog.

Uponastar

Pongo said:
:lol: What a question. That made me laugh.

But yes. I live on the mainland, though. There are two skinny barrier islands and some causeways you have to go over to get to the beach. but it's still only about 5-10 minutes away, depending on which beach you want to go to.

My school is actually across the street from the ocean. I'll find a picture on Google maps.

I know that you're actually near the ocean just about anywhere in Florida.
Duh! :p

What I meant was, is your home actually on the ocean.
Or do you have to travel a bit to get there.
Smarty pants.

Uponastar

Pongo said:
It'll be tough. I don'd think I own enough jackets...

You'll have to stock up.
Poor baby.

Pongo said:
I love autumn. It's my favorite season. Summer is way too hot down here sometimes. Our "autumns" are just perfect. You never know how the weather is going to be each day.

And there's fog. Gotta love fog.

We usually go to WDW in October.
It's perfect weather then.
I could get really used to that.

Pongo

My school is the mass of buildings between the A and the B pushpins. That mass of blue on the right is the ocean. Between the two is a road, a grocery store, and two parking lots.

It's like a three minute walk from my school to the beach :D

Uponastar

Pongo said:
My school is the mass of buildings between the A and the B pushpins. That mass of blue on the right is the ocean. Between the two is a road, a grocery store, and two parking lots.

It's like a three minute walk from my school to the beach :D

Have I told you lately that I hate you? :fork:

jk of course.

Pongo

Uponastar said:
You'll have to stock up.
Poor baby.

The heaviest thing I own is... an Ohio State hoodie that I got last Chrismas :lol:

Dot said:
We usually go to WDW in October.
It's perfect weather then.
I could get really used to that.

You'll have to tell me when you come.

And October IS perfect. October and November both.

jesserin

Uponastar said:
jesserin said:
Hi Dot & Luke... and any lurkers! :) Hope y'all are having a beautiful Sunday![/quote]

Giving it my best shot! :)
Not feeling really great, but we are going out tonight.

A friend belongs to an organization that has a "donor dinner" every spring.
She always invites our little group of friends as her guests.
It's a really nice affair with amazing food.
Hope we're feeling a little better by 5:00PM.

How's your weekend going?

That sounds like a fun time! :) I have to giggle a little - here's what I read at first... "donnor diner" which totally confused me... ;)

Anyway - hope y'all get feeling better soon - it would stink to miss an oportunity for good food & fun!

As for our weekend... just got some great news Fri. night - a sweetie pie friend of mine that works at the Swan just bumped my dh & i up rooms... we were in the "el cheapo" of rooms (aka... whatever view they have leftover) and he bumped us up to a 15th floor king room with Lake/Epcot view... :sohappy: So that basically made him a hero in my book forever... ;)

Other than that not too much - trying to get everything packed and ready for our mini-trip... I hate traveling without dh, always makes me a little nervous - but we'll have fun, i know - it's weird to think that this time next week I'll be back chatting about the trip... :cry: :lol:

jesserin

Pongo said:
The heaviest thing I own is... an Ohio State hoodie that I got last Chrismas :lol:

So are you going to OSU? wow - that'll be cool! My little brother is hoping to go there too - he doesn't graduate until next year though... we're hoping to talk him into staying. ;)

Uponastar

Pongo said:
You'll have to tell me when you come.

And October IS perfect. October and November both.

Don't think we'll make it this year.
We're working on that wedding, remember?

But except for the hurricane this past October (which wasn't too bad, just one morning, really) we've hardly had even a passing drizzle in October.
Perfect weather usually!

Pongo

Uponastar said:
Have I told you lately that I hate you? :fork:

jk of course.

But I don't go to the beach all that often. The east coast beaches (except for like, Daytona and Cocoa) are pretty notorious for how bad they are compared to the West Coast. I'd much rather have beaches like theirs. Our sand is nasty, our water is nasty. It's all pretty bad. I also get sunburned super easily. And I never tan either. I just freckle :rolleyes:

But I will run on the beach for cross country practice. That's fun. When the tide is low. Otherwise, it's like trying to run sideways along a steep hill.

Pongo

Uponastar said:
Don't think we'll make it this year.
We're working on that wedding, remember?

But except for the hurricane this past October (which wasn't too bad, just one morning, really) we've hardly had even a passing drizzle in October.
Perfect weather usually!

Pfffft. Wedding :rolleyes:

I'll just have to come kidnap you both.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom