Mj 2.0!

Pongo

Fantasmic!329 said:
That's awesome! Possible career at DAK?

Possibly. But I wouldn't want to work AT DAK. Rather FOR them. It's kind of complicated.

Dot said:
Sorry, I must have missed that.
That's an interesting choice.
Where do you want to work?

Well. I want to specialize in conservation of North American mammals and work as a field conservationist, studying endangered species in the USA and Canada. I would like to work for a zoo, because in order for a zoo to be AZA (American Zoo and Aquarium Association) certified, they have to be active in their field conservation efforts. It's just a matter of what zoo will hire me. DAK would be a fun one because it's AZA ceritifed. I could get my start there as a CM. Then I'd be working FOR Disney, but not necessarily AT Disney.

Uponastar

Pongo said:
Possibly. But I wouldn't want to work AT DAK. Rather FOR them. It's kind of complicated.

Well. I want to specialize in conservation of North American mammals and work as a field conservationist, studying endangered species in the USA and Canada. I would like to work for a zoo, because in order for a zoo to be AZA (American Zoo and Aquarium Association) certified, they have to be active in their field conservation efforts. It's just a matter of what zoo will hire me. DAK would be a fun one because it's AZA ceritifed. I could get my start there as a CM. Then I'd be working FOR Disney, but not necessarily AT Disney.

You sound like you know what you want.
Disney would be great of course, but there are a lot of great zoos in the country. Philly has a decent one.
Have you every been to the national zoo in Washington D.C. ?
It is really nice.
I saw the pandas there once. Amazing.

Fantasmic!329

Pongo said:

I meant working with the animals, not working at Pizzafari. :lol:

*juggles* Bonny!!

Gotta go eat dinner.

*juggles* all

Fantasmic!329

Uponastar said:
Disney would be great of course, but there are a lot of great zoos in the country. Philly has a decent one.
It is really nice.
DC, Philly, and San Diego are my faves.

Pongo

Uponastar said:
It is really nice.

I've known generally what I wanted to do since I was four years old. It's just lately that I've narrowed it down to North American mammal conservationist.

I've been to the DC one. I thought it was a good zoo, but really confusing and hard to get around.

I've never been to the Philly zoo, let alone any of Pennsylvania :lol:

My favorite zoo is the North Carolina zoo. It's beautiful.

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
Uponastar said:
This is just too funny! :lol:

I can just see everyone scrambling back to page 5 to see what you're responding to!

ROFLMMEO!!! Sorry, too lazy to do the multiple quote thing...and it just occured to me that I may have different page numbers than you all, I set up my magic to display 40 posts per page...

Pongo

Uponastar said:
I've never been to S.D. but I know they're zoo is phenomenal.
They're always on TV for something.

I'm pretty sure they have the largest zoo in... the world? If not the world, then the nation.

EDIT: Crap. Lost track of time. Gotta go to class!

Uponastar

MommytoMJM said:
ROFLMMEO!!! Sorry, too lazy to do the multiple quote thing...and it just occured to me that I may have different page numbers than you all, I set up my magic to display 40 posts per page...

That makes it even funnier! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom