Mj 2.0!

Connor002

Uponastar said:
I feel far better right now than I have all day!
Coming here is definitely therapeautic.
I love you guys.
Seriously.

We (me, at least!) love you too!

love0028.gif

Nemo14

The worst was December when we had 100 index cards full of research due. The oldest is dysgraphic, so we had to type everything, then literally cut and paste (even the things we had cut and pasted from the internet) all the information to 3 X 5 cards. :rolleyes:

Fantasmic!329

Nemo14 said:
Long day today! Let's just say I'll be glad when Science Fair projects are outlawed!!!!!!!
The world will be a better place when they finally are! But I guess I'm biased because of that witch pretending to be a teacher.

Uponastar

Connor002 said:
We (me, at least!) love you too!

love0028.gif

:)
It just feels good to be here! Normal!
You know what it is, I think?
We don't make any demands on each other at all, in any way.
We're just there.
Sometimes that's just so right!

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
The worst was December when we had 100 index cards full of research due. The oldest is dysgraphic, so we had to type everything, then literally cut and paste (even the things we had cut and pasted from the internet) all the information to 3 X 5 cards. :rolleyes:

That sounds like a nigtmare.
And when you think of it, what are they really learning from things like this?

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
We're just there.
So true! No lofty expectations, so no disappointment!

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
That sounds like a nigtmare.
And when you think of it, what are they really learning from things like this?
They're learning how to waste paper!!!

Seriously my DS wanted to do a project about how many trees are sacrificed every year just to make those stupid tri-fold backer-boards!

Connor002

Uponastar said:
We're just there.

I demand love and affection!
Now!

:lookaroun

:p

:kiss:

barnum42

Connor002 said:
Joe,
I was at my grandmom's house last weekend and watching C-Span (She doesn't really get any other channels :lookaroun ) and they had a house of commons debate-type thing on. Blair looked like he had all the answers in the binder in front of him; does he get that information in advance? How does a session like that work? What is the third party in the UK (Labour, Conservative and... what?)? And finally, are those kind of meetings common?

I know that's a lot of questions, but you Brits are an odd bunch. :lookaroun
The binder will contain his sandwiches, soda and bus tickets for his ride home. It's possible there may be an I-Pod or similar in there. Plus some crib notes for his speech.

How it works will depend on the session, they may be debating a specific motion or it could be Prime Ministers Question Time, where all the people in the various opposition parties get to ridicule him.

Labour and Conservatives are the two main parties who have had the power between them for many decades. The third largest party currently go by the name "Liberal Democrats" - they rebrand every few years, so it could change. They say whatever they want as an electoral promise as there is little chance of them making it into power any time soon.

After that there are nine other parties with elected officials, a couple of Independents and the rest are various Northern Ireland, Welsh and Scottish Parties.

And yes, these meetings happen every day - but the attendance varies greatly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom