Mj 2.0!

Nemo14

barnum42 said:
The binder will contain his sandwiches, soda and bus tickets for his ride home. It's possible there may be an I-Pod or similar in there. Plus some crib notes for his speech.

How it works will depend on the session, they may be debating a specific motion or it could be Prime Ministers Question Time, where all the people in the various opposition parties get to ridicule him.

Labour and Conservatives are the two main parties who have had the power between them for many decades. The third largest party currently go by the name "Liberal Democrats" - they rebrand every few years, so it could change. They say whatever they want as an electoral promise as there is little chance of them making it into power any time soon.

After that there are nine other parties with elected officials, a couple of Independents and the rest are various Northern Ireland, Welsh and Scottish Parties.

And yes, these meetings happen every day - but the attendance varies greatly.
Why can't I get Monty Python out of my mind after reading this?!!!!

Connor002

barnum42 said:
The binder will contain his sandwiches, soda and bus tickets for his ride home. It's possible there may be an I-Pod or similar in there. Plus some crib notes for his speech.

I knew I should have looked more closely.

How it works will depend on the session, they may be debating a specific motion or it could be Prime Ministers Question Time, where all the people in the various opposition parties get to ridicule him.

I think it was the latter.

Joe said:
Labour and Conservatives are the two main parties who have had the power between them for many decades. The third largest party currently go by the name "Liberal Democrats" - they rebrand every few years, so it could change. They say whatever they want as an electoral promise as there is little chance of them making it into power any time soon.

And from what I could tell, Blair wasn't a Liberal Democrat, or a Labour, so is he a Conservative?

Joe said:

Like when they have the senators on C-span talking in front of Congress, but no one is actually there? :lookaroun

barnum42

Nemo14 said:
Why can't I get Monty Python out of my mind after reading this?!!!!
That would be the Ministry of Silly Walks

15.jpg

Which I see has not been confined to the UK ;)

Sillywalk-thumb.jpg

Uponastar

barnum42 said:

After that there are nine other parties with elected officials, a couple of Independents and the rest are various Northern Ireland, Welsh and Scottish Parties.

Every day!?
Do they ever accomplish anything? :lol:

barnum42

Connor002 said:
And from what I could tell, Blair wasn't a Liberal Democrat, or a Labour, so is he a Conservative?
You may have no idea how funny your question is.

Blair is Labour.

Labour had been out of power for so long - something like 18 years - that they did a re-branding to "New Labour". It has been observed by some that they became more conservative than the Conservative party.

Connor002

barnum42 said:
You may have no idea how funny your question is.

Blair is Labour.

Labour had been out of power for so long - something like 18 years - that they did a re-branding to "New Labour". It has been observed by some that they became more conservative than the Conservative party.

Oh. :lookaroun
Well, it didn't sound that way.
Parties over here end to stick together for the most part.
If that's the case... it sounded like everyone was against him! :hammer: :lookaroun :veryconfu

barnum42

Uponastar said:
Every day!?
Do they ever accomplish anything? :lol:
Nope - except run up their expense bills and eat lots of chocolate biscuits.

The way it works is that the party in powers tries to shout loud enough to discredit the party in opposition. All done in the hope that they will retain power.

For their part, the opposition tries to shout loud enough to discredit the party in opposition. All done in the hope that they will gain power.

As mentioned above the third party just says what it wants as they know they won't have to fulfil their promises any time soon.

Now, if instead of being concerned about getting power they would just work together using their combined powers to make the country a better place to live, then we would all be happier.

Uponastar

barnum42 said:
Nope - except run up their expense bills and eat lots of chocolate biscuits.

The way it works is that the party in powers tries to shout loud enough to discredit the party in opposition. All done in the hope that they will retain power.

For their part, the opposition tries to shout loud enough to discredit the party in opposition. All done in the hope that they will gain power.

As mentioned above the third party just says what it wants as they know they won't have to fulfil their promises any time soon.

Now, if instead of being concerned about getting power they would just work together using their combined powers to make the country a better place to live, then we would all be happier.

Sounds like they just enjoy hearing themselves talk.
Over here, they just enjoy taking the opposite point of view.
Democrats are sure the Republicans are doing it all wrong, till they get in power and do it exactly the same way and vice-versa. Partisanship is a joke.
But I don't have a better idea.

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
Democrats are sure the Republicans are doing it all wrong, till they get in power and do it exactly the same way and vice-versa. Partisanship is a joke.
My dad always called politicians TweedleDee and TweedleDum.

Connor002

Uponastar said:

We loose either way.

Which is why you should "vote" Connor!
:lookaroun :drevil: :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom