Pre-Trip Mixtape - A July 2022 Trip

I'm happy and excited to report that the Fractal family, at least parts of it will be going back to Walt Disney World this July!

Like our 2017 trip, this one will be a joint family trip with my sister Marina and yes, Yia-Yia will be joining us and she is counting the days she can ride Flight of Passage again. We are doing it again!

Marina will be with her entire family this time but as for me there will be some subtractions and an addition. My daughter Alex is doing a traveling nurse stint in New Mexico and unfortunately her plans to join us with her girlfriend Emily just didn't work out.
Val has decided to travel to New Mexico instead of Disney to visit Alex so Val will not be with us. My crew will consist of myself, Toni, and Sterg.

Toni and Yia-Yia

PXL_20220101_220316335.PORTRAIT-X2.jpg

Val, Sterg and I...

DSC09891-X3.jpg

Val is absolutely devastated that she is missing this trip...not really but deep, deep down I think there is a small part of her that is bummed. :rolleyes:

We'll certainly miss her!

DSC09879-X2.jpg

I will also miss Alex and Emily who we've gotten to know more. Emily spent a couple days in Disney last year and was immediately hooked. She's very bummed not to be coming along but there's always a next time!

Here they are front row.

PXL_20220426_234740685-X3.jpg

We are planning to Arrive July 15th and depart the 20th. There is a lot of planning yet to do!

Back with more!

Last edited:

CinderellaBelle

Thanks! When she immigrated from Greece in the late 40's they asked her Father when her birthday was - he gave them her Name-Day date. As you probably know, that's a bigger deal in Greece than Birthdays - the day of the Saint you are named after. So they put that date down as her birthday. Then as she got her driver's license and other forms of ID she gave her real birthday. Somehow she keeps track of it all. LOL!

Made a change today - we are starting at DHS on Friday the 15th. Sterg will be assigned with getting us on Rise of the Resistance (thanks @senor_jorge for the idea).

BTW - getting a reservation at Yak & Yeti is impossible!
I always call Yak & Yeti directly. They have some reservations available through the restaurant. Try that! (407) 824-9384

fractal

Original Poster
Here also no luck in getting a reservation for Yak & Yeti... 47 days out and the ADR frustration is already very real since two weeks :p

@fractal and @Laurenciaa the only way I have been able to get a Yak & Yeti reservation was by using the free dining alert through Touring Plans. The last time I went on my solo trip, I decided spur of the moment to eat there and I was able to get a seat at the bar but that area only seats about 6 people so that might not work for you. Some people have talked about joining the Landry's Club, I guess there is some deal that if you are a member there is priority seating even without a reservation. I think some people have called the restaurant directly too. And now that I have been thinking about Yak and Yeti, now I really want some of their Korean fried chicken and chicken fried rice....

Link to Landry’s Select Club below. My wife used it a couple of weeks ago at Yak & Yeti. Wait list was 45 minutes plus. She had a table for two in 5 minutes.

I always call Yak & Yeti directly. They have some reservations available through the restaurant. Try that! (407) 824-9384

Thanks everyone for the tips. I did join Landry's select club so once I get my card I'll call Yak & Yeti directly and see what I can lock-in.

Songbird76

Thanks everyone for the tips. I did join Landry's select club so once I get my card I'll call Yak & Yeti directly and see what I can lock-in.
Landry's membership also gets you monthly deals and such. I got a card on our last Disney trip, and the sign on bonus got us a huge discount on our meal at Saltgrass Steakhouse in Orlando. I get monthly emails with deals, which obviously I can't use here, but I'm planning on using it in a few weeks, if our flight doesn't get canceled. And there are a ton of places that are Landry's, several at Disney. T-rex and Rainforest, I think, but there are also several that are outside of Disney Property. It's definitely worth the money, even if you don't use it often.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
Well I took the advise of some helpful magicians here @senor_jorge @Songbird76 @ajrwdwgirl @CinderellaBelle and signed up for the Landry's Select Club. That cost me $25 but came with a card with $25 on it to spend.

Just called Yak&Yeti, gave them my Landry's account info and booked a reservation for Sterg, Toni and I for dinner on Friday July 15th!

One our favorites, and our first choice in AK. Their Kobe (domestic Wagyu) is one of the better burgers on property in my experience, if nothing else on the menu speaks to you. Sometimes I just want a burger that will have grease running down my arms. Wagyu can do that! ;)

Songbird76

Well I took the advise of some helpful magicians here @senor_jorge @Songbird76 @ajrwdwgirl @CinderellaBelle and signed up for the Landry's Select Club. That cost me $25 but came with a card with $25 on it to spend.

Just called Yak&Yeti, gave them my Landry's account info and booked a reservation for Sterg, Toni and I for dinner on Friday July 15th!
I hope you love it!! I've never been to Yak and Yeti. I really want to try it, but my son won't eat anything on that menu. Let me know what you think of it! My next trip will be just the girls, so we can maybe try it out!

joshsprincess921

One of my fav places! I'm with senor_jorge, the Kobe burger is my fav dish there (and one of my fav burgers anywhere) and get it every time!

I need to get a Landry's card because we tend to go to Yak n Yeti each trip, but we also visit Landry's Seafood here locally.

amjt660

Premium Member
Hey Chris

My in-law’s bdays are messed up too
My Father in-laws actual bday is in Feb but all the documents say Jan 6
My mother in law’s day is right but the year is off by one ( a year younger than she really is)
They immigrated from an area that was Macedonia (Sklithro) but I think become Greece at one point.
They came over separately in the late 1950’s and married here in Canada

So the story of Yai yai’s birthday hits close to our home!!!

Max

Last edited:

fractal

Original Poster
Hey Chris

My in-law’s bdays are messed up too
My Father in-laws actual bday is in Feb but all the documents say Jan 6
My mother in law’s day is right but the year is off by one ( a year younger than she really is)
They immigrated from an area that was Macedonia (Sklithro) but I think become Greece at one point.
They came over separately in the late 1950’s and married here in Canada

So the story of Yai yai’s birthday hits close to our home!!!

Max

Thanks for sharing!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Change of plans.

Sterg and Mara broke up so she's out. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Right now it's Sterg, Toni and I, my sister's family and Yai-Yai. We are 9 days out and all getting excited!
@fractal -- Somehow you've always managed to have a wonderful vacations, (despite arranging/organizing the activities for multiple people)! Even though you'll have NINE people to keep track of this time, you're an expert at this by now! :joyfull: (Just a shout out to @fractal jr -- once you step inside WDW, you'll receive pixie dust from the Disney characters, that will ensure happy times for you, from that point on. They're already looking forward to your arrival, per the below.)

1657100493766.png

fractal

Original Poster
I'm finding it hard to like your post. Unless as a dad you knew it was for the better, then consider your posted liked.

I'm excited for all the new Fractal pictures!!
Thanks @Zipadeelady ! Sterg is looking forward to this trip more than ever.

Sorry to hear, I hope the trip will be a welcome distraction for Sterg. Glad the countdown is in the single digits!!
Thanks - he can't wait to get there.

I agree with @akneeconnors
I hope the trip is not negatively impacted by the life changing event and that it can be a positive for Sterg

Max

Thanks Max! I think this trip will be very therapeutic.

9 days!!! Sooo excited! Sorry Sterg, hope all is ok!
team usa countdown GIF by U.S. Figure Skating

Thanks! He's handling it very well.

Yes! Glad I found this before departure. Have a great time!

Thank you sir!

Wow, with all my outs of lately, Glad I made it back before your trip! Watching!!

Thanks @DisneyGigi !

@fractal -- Somehow you've always managed to have a wonderful vacations, (despite arranging/organizing the activities for multiple people)! Even though you'll have NINE people to keep track of this time, you're an expert at this by now! :joyfull: (Just a shout out to @fractal jr -- once you step inside WDW, you'll receive pixie dust from the Disney characters, that will ensure happy times for you, from that point on. They're already looking forward to your arrival, per the below.)

View attachment 651302

Thanks @MinnieM123 ! It's going to be a challenge for sure but that's how the best memories and stories are made. :D

Sterg is really looking forward to this trip. Thanks for the support!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom