Mission:Space update (confirmed)

lazyboy97o

What is so complicated about making it slowly rotate again? Or let me guess, it's all about $$$, probably some expensive diamond cut, chrome plated cog wheel needs replacing:facepalm:

Honestly they should just remove it if it's not going to rotate anymore.
It's a rather stupid design. The rotation and support is along the center. That's a lot of weight to support and turn.

Furiated

Are they going to make Orange and Green different storylines? Like, since Green doesn't spin, make Green the training simulation and Orange the actual launch experience?

ToTBellHop

Why would you wish for a movie to bomb? Makes zero sense to me. Sorry.
IMG_3909.JPG

GCTales

It's a rather stupid design. The rotation and support is along the center. That's a lot of weight to support and turn.
However, the criteria (10 capsules) required that design configuration.... by definition a centrifuge must rotate around a point with the rider at the end of the arm to impose the desired G forces. There is a mathematical correlation between the length of the arm and the speed at which the motor must spin the arm to get the desired effect.

Believe me.. the company and engineers that designed and manufactured the physical device know how to build centrifuges.

lazyboy97o

However, the criteria (10 capsules) required that design configuration.... by definition a centrifuge must rotate around a point with the rider at the end of the arm to impose the desired G forces. There is a mathematical correlation between the length of the arm and the speed at which the motor must spin the arm to get the desired effect.

Believe me.. the company and engineers that designed and manufactured the physical device know how to build centrifuges.
I was not commenting on the centrifuges, but the gravity wheel in the queue.

Kamikaze

I usually wouldn't care if Guardians of The Galaxy bombs or not but I do care about Epcot and it's original ideals and if GOTG2 is a success it could potentially damage Epcot so thus I hope it bombs

GotG vol 2 'bombing' has the same probability as WDW closing permanently by the end of the week.

So good luck with that.

Also, replacing Ellen with something more modern (regardless if it includes IP) is hardly going to 'damage' anything. Have you been on Energy? Have you listed to how dated it actually is?
And if it went into an unused area instead? Even better.

*Q*

Out of M:S's old conundrum- A. You are going to space, B. You are training to go to space. This will fix that. By making it A, B, Both or neither. Which? That's proprietary, but the result, is a breathtaking view into the worlds of space.
Intriguing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
GotG vol 2 'bombing' has the same probability as WDW closing permanently by the end of the week.

Agreed, it is so not going to bomb. Disney already has GotG Vol 3 ordered. You do that only if your focus groups tell you that you have a sure fire hit.

And GotG2 has been killing it in advertising and previews. I would pay to see the last set of trailers, they're that good.

This is another billion dollars for Disney/Marvel.

As Disney/Marvel has to start setting up the new generation of Avengers (since the current cast can't go on forever), and that is a big unknown if audiences will accept Avengers: Next Generation; what is known is that the GotG franchise is going strong. And y'all know what that means for the parks...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Also, replacing Ellen with something more modern (regardless if it includes IP) is hardly going to 'damage' anything. Have you been on Energy? Have you listed to how dated it actually is?
Who's fault is it that it is hopelessly dated?
Why not update it? Why not make as dramatic and as full use of the pavilion as the 1982 version did?
Why not got for the "big bang" storyline instead of a 3 minute blink and you'll miss it thrill ride?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Who's fault is it that it is hopelessly dated?
Why not update it? Why not make as dramatic and as full use of the pavilion as the 1982 version did?
Why not got for the "big bang" storyline instead of a 3 minute blink and you'll miss it thrill ride?

To really update the ride, you'd have to remove almost all of the dinosaurs, which would be a really big change, and maybe take away what was once its big draw. Bill Nye apologetically says that the dinos have nothing to do with "fossil fuels" but that they're just "cool".

Daveeeeed

Don't you mean facade?

The other Futureworld buildings were designed to be interesting architecture from any angle. MS is a square shed with a pretty front.
It's more about when you're walking through from the plaza. Like Horizons, and The Land sight lines were mainly from the center.

I guess the difference is that it's view is pretty much only from the center, but I don't see how that is a bad thing when it does it's purpose well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom