Mission Space to suffer the same fate as AE?

disneyman23

i wonder if maybe they just figured it was too difficult to have them running at different strengths, if in fact they arent anymore or ever did

I think the reason Jim Hill blasts M:S for people getting sick is that he probably got sick on it when he rode it. :lol:. I was going to go on it when I was down last week but the line was too long and fast pass was to late since we were going to Cirque du Soleil that night. I did ride Test Track for the first time, and I enjoyed it. I did think it would have been longer than it was but it was still good. Sorry for drifting.

flyersmv

i think M:S HAS TO be around at least 10 years.....no matter what happens they spent all that money and what 2-3 years of thinking it up and 3-4 years to build.......they arent gonna jus say ahh oh well we dont need this n e more.........i do see them rehabing in the future but no replacing it for a long time...A:E wasnt even near the time/money that M:S space was....

disneyman23

yeah MS will def be around for many many years, they put too much into it to just abandon it. and i think they would tweak it a bit before they got rid of it, try to tone it down a bit or something if they feel the intesity of it is detering people

DarkMeasures

Original Poster
Yeah. Alien Encounter was in development for a long time. It was originally going to be themed to the Alien movies and have the Alien instead to the insect thing it ended up having.

disneyman23

they obviously figured they could warp it into stitch easy enough to make the change worth while after working so hard on alien. i dont think MS will have the same fate at all

Dayma

I dont think AE failed but it was prime for a stich injection. It makes perfect sense in my opinion. YES I know it may be "dumbed" down now but it will still be a fun attraction.

M:S just opened up so lets see how this ride does over the next 5-10 years before we go saying that it is having problems due to motion sickness.

arcsbite

On our first full day of our holiday at WDW this December we went to Epcot, I got quite excited at the idea of riding Mission Space as it was the newest attraction
Now I suffer from motion sickness, but I can ride roller coasters and things, so I got on
I enjoyed the ride
I got off and almost passed out, I don't think i've ever felt so detatched from my body, an awful experience,
we tried to go on, and went to spaceship earth, but after about 5mins of waiting I couldn't even stand up
we had to go back to the hotel where I had to spend the whole first day of my holiday in a dark room

not fun

I will say this though, I enjoyed the ride, and it was not the motion but the monitor screens that made me so ill
I also wanna say that other than that I REALLY enjoyed this ride and felt I was more than warned about the possibilities,
I kinda refuse to take a couple of drugs just to ride an attraction, but I would love to be able to ride it again
I see MS being around for a long time to come, hopefully just long enough for me to stop getting ill on it!

disneyman23

haha oh wow, that is pretty bad, sorry to hear you had to spend the first day of your trip in a hotel. hopefully the rest of your trip was amazing !

it seems to be becoming the idea that it is actually more the screens that create problems as opposed to the motion, your story def helps that theory.

hopefully you can get on it in the future without such nast results

Dayma

I keep hearing stories that people are getting sick after they get off this ride.

Like I said in a previous post. This is different from other rides since you do not get negative effects all day.

1disneydood

Why even try to please all the people all the time? You just can't. So some people can't handle it. Then don't ride it. No reason to get rid of it.

Disney cannot build a park full of tame rides just so the entire family can ride everything. Then it would loose the small thrill appeal some of the rides emulate. I wouldn't go if it was only peter pan and small world type rides. Come on folks. :rolleyes:

That would be like Universal tearing down the Hulk just cause some people can't handle the inversions. Just because Disney has some psudo thrill rides dosen't mean people won't go. And the few who actually wouldn't go because of this wouldn't put any noticable dent in profits, right?

Hank Scorpio

For goodness sake, this ride hasn't even been open for a year and already your trying to get it shut.

And these are the same people who hate Epcot and think its fate lies with new attractions. :hammer:

Come on guys its a ride - if you don't like it theres no Mickey holding a gun to your head forcing you to ride! Just skip it and go on those attractions you do enjoy.

BrerFox28

Account Suspended
mission space gets kind of old the 4 of 5 time you ride it because you know exactly whats going to happen... but the special effects are more than awesome...

Becky

Now if you want to get really really sick:lookaroun

Ride the Tea Cups, spin your cup as fast as you can in one direction, stop it and spin it as fast as you can in the other direction:hurl:

Note: This is best done right after eating:D

Dayma

Why even try to please all the people all the time? You just can't. So some people can't handle it. Then don't ride it. No reason to get rid of it.

I agree. The original post was saying that if there are no people in line then they may close it in 8 years and redo it like AE. I think that a negative reputation of people getting sick may impact the attraction of this ride. This is what I was trying to say.

disneyman23

i say just skip the ride if you get sick on it, there are plenty of people who would gladly take your place in line to get on it. no matter what the ride or the attraction you can never make everyone happy, just do your best to make the majority happy and i think that MS has def gotten more rave reviews then bad ones, and most bad ones are because of slight illness as opposed to the ride itself being bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom