Mission: Space photo

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
it's not too disappointing... I think we're all just getting a little too impatient.

True, AK was built quickly... however, how many attractions in AK are truly innovative and groundbreaking? NONE. Kali River Rapids? Off the shelf ride, with a LOT of good WDI theming; Dinosaur? same ride system as Indy from DL; Kilimanjaro Safaris? it IS innovative, but far from groundbreaking; It's tough to be a bug? It's already been done... several times over. Don't even get me started on the animal shows...

Mission: Space promises to be the first of its kind at a Theme Park, so obviously it's going to take time to build.

Now you ask? Epcot was built in the same amount of time as Mission: Space is taking.

If it takes X amount of people to make one pavilion, it will take 20X to build the park. It will still take the same amount of time. It's math, not rocket science.

Now why hurry up? THERE IS NO REASON TO!! Remember Test Track? 'nough said.

Not to mention the anticipation leading up to the opening of AK, and then its initial disappointment.

Disney cannnot afford to have Mission: Space flop. Let them take their time. Maybe it's not the budget cuts that the attractions are suffering, but maybe from impatient guests griping about how attractions are taking too slow to build, when in reality they are taking no longer than before

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by sandjhooker
Too funny! What a great catch-phrase!

:lol: Thanks! :)

See... and the great thing about Mission: Ladder is that, this is the first ladder, EVER, in HISTORY, that is designed around Disney's Fastpass system. There will also be a "single riders" line as well. :D ;)

People who have tested one of Mission: Ladder, ladders, have been quoted as saying: "This ladder really raises you off the ground! I have never felt this experience before!". And, "Its a mind blowing experience to go up into the celing and check out the wiring and to see where the celing tiles are going to go!".

DMC-12

Here is another quote from a lucky passenger who has ridden Mission Ladder:

"I've never been a carpenter or a blue collar worker, but I can't imagine a more thrilling experience for someone who wishes to be an construction worker than the Mission: Ladder ride at EPCOT"

Man... this is gonna rock! I cant wait! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Testtrack321

And wait! Universal has announced there new ride!

'Mummy Ladder'. Yeah, I can see it now. Guests stand on the latter and then see a mummy, then climbs down and get their on-ladder photo.

ToTBellHop

Given what we know about this attraction, I think I have a fair idea of what Mission: LADDER will REALLY entail. Now, we know it's a very expensive ride, so the increased technology will actually involve the placing of wheels on the ladder. The lights will be turned off to simulate space while the "Mission Control Team" pushes the ladder around as "astronauts" dodge rocks tied to light fixtures in the ceiling--and, of course, this will all be done to a rocking sound track via boom box in the room playing the old Horizons theme. The thrilling finale, of course, will involve the ladder suddenly collapsing, producing nearly 1 second of complete weightlessness for guests before the lights turn on (a la Journey Into Imagination) and guests find themselves surrounded by Mission: LADDER merchandise. One word: WOW

DMC-12

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Given what we know about this attraction, I think I have a fair idea of what Mission: LADDER will REALLY entail. Now, we know it's a very expensive ride, so the increased technology will actually involve the placing of wheels on the ladder. The lights will be turned off to simulate space while the "Mission Control Team" pushed the ladder around as "astronauts" dodge rocks tied to light fixtures in the ceiling--and, of course, this will all be done to a rocking sound track via boom box in the room playing the old Horizons theme. The thrilling finale, of course, will involve the ladder suddenly collapsing, producing nearly 1 second of complete waitlessness for guests before the lights turn on (a la Journey Into Imagination) and guests find themselves surrounded by Mission: LADDER merchandise. One word: WOW

:lol: Great story line... Gotta love WDI and that 300mil budget...:lol: :sohappy:

Testtrack321

Originally posted by DMC-12
:lol: Great story line... Gotta love WDI and that 300mil budget...:lol: :sohappy:

Nah, it only cost $25.95 for the ride, the rest was spent for Eisners new pool at the annual WDI Pizza Party (Imagineers need to eat too!)

bhg469

Originally posted by Testtrack321
Nah, it only cost $25.95 for the ride, the rest was spent for Eisners new pool at the annual WDI Pizza Party (Imagineers need to eat too!)

i just heard there will be a new addition to the ladder ride more thrilling than mission: ladder itself

walking under the ladder disney is taking some major risks here, hope no one gets hurt.

crazygirley

Originally posted by AndyMagic
wow... this thing is never opening. :mad: One would think that a gift shop would be complete after nearly 2 years of construction. :rolleyes: I am still confused as to how all of Animal Kingdom was built in less time than this ride. :veryconfu

I am wondering the same thing. This picture just completley crushed any hopes that I had that M:S would be done by my June trip. Oh Well, there is always next year. Maybe someday!

lt-hambone

And since the ladder is portable, we could have have.....

Mission: Ladder - The Road Tour

Coming to a city near you, now you can enjoy all of the excitement of Walt Disney World without having to deal with all of the hassle!

Heck - Mission:Ladder could even make an appearence on Good Morning America, or even better, with the USO in Kuwait!

The possibilities are endless!

:lol:

Lee

Adventurer
Not to get anyone's hopes up about Mission:Ladder, but....

I just heard that Vekoma is prepared to introduce their all new..
Inverted Ladder!

It looks like the standard ladder, but in somewhat of a "V" shape.
Oh, and with over the shoulder restraints. Stay tuned.

lt-hambone

Originally posted by Lee
Uh-Oh!
Epcot better hurry up and open Mission:Ladder!

Look what I've spotted at Cedar Point! The race is on!

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/inside_park/webcam/camera2.cfm

Coming this summer to Cedar Point - Top Thrill Ladder!

Be thrilled as you go from 0 to 120 in four seconds, clinging to your ladder for dear life! Gasp in awe as you soar 426 feet perched atop your ladder! Do you have what it takes to ride Top Thrill Ladder!?!?!?

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Originally posted by Lee
Look what I've spotted at Cedar Point! The race is on!

They're never satisfied at Cedar Point, are they? It looks like they've sprung for the Intamin version instead, too. Good move in my opinion, since most Vekoma ladders can be trouble down the road...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom