Mission Space (Intense Version): Have You Ever Gotten Sick?

How has Mission Space impacted you?

• YES! I have gotten full-fledged sick. And we'll leave it at that. ;-)

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • I felt pretty nauseated after, but that was all.

Votes: 60 25.6%
  • Minor, unmemorable stomach ache at the most.

Votes: 40 17.1%
  • I could ride this multiple times and not be bothered at all.

Votes: 97 41.5%
  • I have never ridden Mission Space.

Votes: 26 11.1%

• Total voters

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Sorry, but this is pretty funny. Just steer clear of Beverly at Epcot's Club Cool, especially after a bad M.S. experience. :dazzle:

I felt so ridiculous. I couldn't think of any good reason why I should have felt THAT dizzy after the supposed "safe" side. I've gone on every other simulator ride in WDW and I rarely experience anything beyond a moment or two of dizziness when it is done. Only thing I can think of is because of the way you are strapped into the seat and then the screen is shoved in your face. Maybe that is more disorienting that being in big theater that moves around. :shrug:

Texas84

When it first opened I had no problem. Lately, I have the same feeling as David S but only with the lift-off. I feel like I'm going to black out then we burst into open space and I'm OK the rest of the ride. The backward part of Everest does the same thing to me. But no nausea ever. So I really couldn't vote. Guess I need to ask my fighter pilot brother-in-law how to handle G's! I'm the ground-pounder in the family.

GFiSH

I rode it three or four times back in 2007 and had no issues.

I'll give it another go when I'm back in June/July and see if it still agrees with me.

Silver Figment

Due to those kinds of stories i rode the more mild version first and it was absolutely nothing. So i then rode the intense version and it was fun but not nearly as intense as everybody made it out to be, i was fine after riding.

loveofamouse

Nothing for me. I was a bit nervous about it because of all that is said about it. I rode it and was like WTH lol. It's not on my list anymore because I thought it was lame :/

PolynesianPrincess

Rode it twice in 2006 and I was a nervous wrekc beforehand. I went on with a friend that worked in F&B at Epcot and he kept telling me it was nothing. It was great and we rode it a second time. Afterwards, we went and sat with my family for Illuminations and ate some nachos. I felt fine. Haven't been on it since then though but the past couple trips, Star Tours made me nauseous. I used to be able to ride anything at any time of the day with no motion sickness, headaches, etc.. Maybe it's cause I'm getting old, my body can;t handle it like when I was younger! lol So I'm a little apprehensive to try it again. Maybe I'll try the more mild side first :lol:

Juliaz3

I can usually ride anything, but the Green line on M:S made me dizzy and nauseated! Took me about an hour to fully recover afterward. No way I'd do the Red line, but my husband absolutely loves it and will ride four times in a row if he can. I sit on a bench outside and watch the skies. No more space trips for me!

WDW_Princess

I did not get sick exactly. My dh and I rode it once on one trip and when we came back a few months later he wanted to ride it again.

I do not know what was wrong with me, but I had a full on panic attack once they closed that door. I could not breathe. I banged on the door, but they would not let me out. My dh just laughed, because I was fine the first time.

I only ride the green version now so I don't embarass myself or my family. I still have no idea what went through my head.:shrug:

Dads 2 Boys

This is a little long but funny.

On our trip in 2007, we went for 10 days (Sun thru the following Tues) and after the first week, we did everything once and I decided to try MS Orange on the 2nd Monday. I did the Green version on our Epcot day almost a week earlier with my kids and my ex and loved it!!! We were @ DHS in the morning and had dinner reservations @ MK later in the day so while the kids and their Mom watched the Holly-Day parade, I ventured to Epcot and we would meet up @ MK later in the day.

So I get to Epcot and get right on with no wait and am ready to go! I will preface the rest by saying I do not do well on spinny rides. I’ve done the largest coasters all over the country with zero issue, love ToT, etc….but I cannot even go on the Tea Cups! I didn’t know the Orange version spins or “gives the feeling”. The ride was great and I felt ok……until I walked past the “control center” towards the gift shop.

Once I got out of the gift shop and was outside, something didn’t feel right. I had a headache more than any nausea but still didn’t feel well and now I had to make my way to MK. So I went to the water cart right outside MS and got a bottle of water. I didn’t even make it to Innoventions before it was gone!! As I continued towards the exit there was another cart under the breezeway and I got another bottle of water…..which was gone before reaching SSE. So at the gift shop to the right of the exit as I was leaving, I got another bottle of water and some Advil and headed to the Monorail.

On the Monorail, I had my head back and wished everything would stop moving….you would have thought I was hammered!!! It was warmer than usual on the Monorail that day so that didn’t help at all. When I got to MK, I slowly walked thru the entrance and awaited the rest of the family in Town Square. I actually sat on the curb and rested my head against a garbage can because standing up wasn’t my friend at that point. The rest of the crew arrived after about 15 minutes and low and behold, my sons get picked to be part of the Flag Retreat Ceremony. So more standing and waiting but now I have to pay attention because the kids were so excited.

When that ended (it was great and I was feeling a little better) we still had about an hour before dinner. We walked up Main St and the kids said they wanted to do Astro Orbiter……I told them they can go on it with no issue but “I am not going on anything that moves”!!!!!!

Caluori

yes unfortunately I did get sick but worse yet was my daughter. For years we were told by doctors that she had asthma. We rode the ride and by half way through she couldn't breathe. She had a heart rate we couldn't even count and was struggling to breathe. She kept holding her breath after using her inhaler and things calmed down. Once we got home from our trip she had another such episode. This time we went to the hospital. She was diagnosed with SVT. Its a heart disease that causes the heart to "mis-fire" and not get proper signals from the brain sending the heart into beats over 250 bpm....basically tachacardia. She has since had 2 heart surgerys and is doing great but we will never ride again. I would strongly advise parents to use extremem caution sending children on the ride.

Bravo 229

I've ridden M:S over 30 times and haven't felt sick at all during or after. I even rode it twice in a row when it first opened and was fine after both rides. There were a few times, though, where I thought the other people riding with me were going to get sick. Its never a good sign when someone goes for the sick bag and starts breathing heavily into it (especially when they're sitting right next to you!) :hurl:

LucyintheSky

Never felt the slightest bit sick on M:S. Even when I've ridden it several times in a row. I'm a big thrill ride person, so it isn't out of the ordinary for me.

I WAS always surprised that Body Wars always made me a little queasy. Not enough to make me full-on sick, but it's still the only ride that EVER affected me like that.

Edeyore

I can answer this under a few categories. I rode M:S when it only had one option. I had recently had a tuna fish wrap at the Land. I came off the ride a little wobbly, but not nauseated. I then went on Spaceship Earth. The ride stopped and with the lovely smells of Rome burning I became violently ill. (Probably one of the only people to get sick on Spaceship Earth.) I still blame M:S for it.

MissingDisney

Our family rode green all did great so decided to do orange. My DH made it about 15 seconds before he was grabbing a bag. The entire ride was narrated by the loudest vomiting I have ever witnessed. :hurl::hurl::hurl: My and the kids could not stop laughing. :lol: (Terrible and heartless, I know) When the ride opened, I grabbed every bag in the ride and looked over to see him running, knocking people out of his way, to get out. He even left the kids! He could barely stand up. We got him on a bus back to the resort, vomiting the entire time. He spent the next 3 days in the room or sitting by the pool, completely lifeless. He will NEVER ride it again. On the up side, his missing a good part of our trip was a selling point for us to go back again so soon! :animwink:

charminghearts

I was so nervous to ride this attraction when it first opened because of the stories I heard. I have never felt even a hint of motion sickness on anything in my life but I heard a lot of people felt it for the first time with this one.

I gave it a try though and didn't feel sick at all. Now my only fear is that someone in my car will get sick while I'm riding with them (I don't think I'd handle that well.)

My best friend gets motion sickness easily but by taking dramamine in the morning before we go to Epcot she can ride Mission:Space with no problems at all. So that might be something to consider if you're prone to motion sickness but want to ride this attraction.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I got a little motion sickness on the minor version. It ruined a good 5 hours of my day. The Nemo ride where you go thru the projection tunnel finished me off :(.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom