Mission Space (Intense Version): Have You Ever Gotten Sick?

How has Mission Space impacted you?

• YES! I have gotten full-fledged sick. And we'll leave it at that. ;-)

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • I felt pretty nauseated after, but that was all.

Votes: 60 25.6%
  • Minor, unmemorable stomach ache at the most.

Votes: 40 17.1%
  • I could ride this multiple times and not be bothered at all.

Votes: 97 41.5%
  • I have never ridden Mission Space.

Votes: 26 11.1%

• Total voters

Ben_since_1971

Never had a problem with Mission:Space. Occasionally, I might get a mite queasy but by the time I hit the gift shop I am ready to go. But then again, I don't think I ever rode it twice in a row.

Everest, on the other hand, I once rode 3 times in a row (evening EMH on Christmas Eve - place was E M P T Y), although after the third, my stomach told me in no uncertain terms there would be dire consequences if I tried for a fourth.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I went on it when it was first opened up and boy that was a mistake. I think they slowed it down a bit (even the intense flavor). They kept blaring the warning but as I'm marching in line I was next to this little old lady and I'm like if she can do it, then I better pull up my big boy pants. NEVER AGAIN. That was a horrible mistake brought on by pig-headedness :eek:

aw14

I rode the intense version once. No issue at all. Which is quite surprising considering I get ill on primeval hurl (whirl)

stevehousse

No, the green version does not spin. However, you are blaming the ride on something that was probably caused by the Margaritas. Put the blame where it belongs.

Answer to the original question... NO... I have never been sick on the ride or even a little queasy. My first time was just after a chicken finger dinner too. I have been on it a number of times and never once even felt the sensation of spinning. However, if one has an inner ear situation you don't have to feel it, it just throws all those inside liquids into a tail spin and that is what causes the sickness. Moral of the story, if you know you are prone to motion sickness do not ride the Orange side. If you can tolerate things like Star Tours, then the Green side should be fine.
I can't do spinning rides. I had no idea that the ride would spin like that, the margaritas didn't help, but it's the fact that it spins and I can't really do rides like that.

UnhealthilyObsessed

I went on it with my BF and my friend. Friend and I were fine. BF was a different story. We had to take him to the first aid station at Epcot.

Nurse: Mission: SPACE?
BF: Yeah.
Nurse: Do you need to lie down while your friends go on a ride?
BF: Yes, please.

My favorite part is that during the ride, while going through a dark intestinal hell, BF still performed all his navigator duties. :joyfull:

boilerpicc

I've never had any issues with it, but I have only felt nauseous after one ride in my life. I've ridden it multiple times in a row after eating and drinking with nothing. I even do everything that you aren't supposed to do (close my eyes, turn my head) and still nothing. I remember riding it back during its soft opening, and there were paramedics waiting at the exit for anyone that was having issues. I totally didn't understand that.

The one time I have been nauseous after a ride was on the stupid Teacups. I rode with my brother and my husband. They both decided to be macho men and spin the thing as fast as they could in one direction and then stop and go the other direction. We were all feeling a little queasy after that.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've never had any issues with it, but I have only felt nauseous after one ride in my life. I've ridden it multiple times in a row after eating and drinking with nothing. I even do everything that you aren't supposed to do (close my eyes, turn my head) and still nothing. I remember riding it back during its soft opening, and there were waiting at the exit for anyone that was having issues. I totally didn't understand that.

The one time I have been nauseous after a ride was on the stupid Teacups. I rode with my brother and my husband. They both decided to be macho men and spin the thing as fast as they could in one direction and then stop and go the other direction. We were all feeling a little queasy after that.
This is me. I am good if I can not see that I am spinning. I can do M:S just fine. The teacups will wreck me for a day.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I can't ride them either. Our DD rides it alone, only one with the stomach for it
I am the only one that has to sit them out. My wife and 3 daughters all do fine with spinning. The silver lining is I get to eat myself into a cheese steak/ deep fried Twinkie coma while the kids go on all the puker rides when we do the county fair every year.

Jahona

It usually takes me a few minutes after I get off the ride for my body to get back to normal. I don't feel queasy just a bit off. My dad rode MS in 2012 and it took him the rest of the trip to recover. Last year one of my friends got extremely nauseous from riding and nearly lost his breakfast while riding Universe of Energy afterwards.

TB4244

I must admit I love MS and i always head for the intense queue. It does make me feel a little iffy afterwards but it's mostly dizziness. It doesn't make me feel sick at all. The less intense version (green?) just isn't the same. The g forces inflicted on you when you slingshot around the moon have to be experienced to be believed. Brilliant!

However, I took my daughter and father in law on it in 07 and he came off it a little worse for wear.

blueboxdoctor

I did the basic version once (once being the key word) and started to feel sick maybe halfway through, I can't imagine how bad I'd do on the intense version. Though, I did see the people exiting the intense version, one woman looked like she was very sick. Since the I have never been back and never will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom