Mission: Space Hiring

magicimaginear

Original Poster
The first wave of transfers begin in May with the second wave will be in mid July. According to management the soft opening is going to be no sooner then "late summer". Hope this doesn't disappoint anyone.

SirNim

Originally posted by magicimaginear
The first wave of transfers begin in May with the second wave will be in mid July. According to management the soft opening is going to be no sooner then "late summer". Hope this doesn't disappoint anyone.
er--
It's what I expected:( :D

AndyMagic

Originally posted by magicimaginear
Hope this doesn't disappoint anyone.
Sadly, it does. I was hoping it would be open by late June. I am a little confused though as to why they would be hiring so soon if the earliest it would be opening is late Summer?? That would mean the May transfers would be trained for 3 months? :veryconfu Not to mention the recent installation of the Fastpass machines. I am still staying optomistic and perhaps I will be surprised come this June.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by Epcot is my fav
Is Late Summer like the last week in August??
In typical nerd style, summer ends on Septmber 21. I guess you can interpret "late summer" in whatever fahsion fits your trip plans. This gives Disney a lot of leeway.

Epcot is my fav

Originally posted by sandjhooker
In typical nerd style, summer ends on Septmber 21. I guess you can interpret "late summer" in whatever fahsion fits your trip plans. This gives Disney a lot of leeway.

UGH thats annoying......

Bryy2001

Last I heard our friend of friends Mr. Eisner demanded that Mission: Space be open fully by the 4th of July. Not to be skeptical but what is your source of this info?

Pioneer Hall

Just wondering where you got that Info. since all signs and other rumors have pointed to the ride being opened prior to July 4th.

We shall see, whatever, I just want it to open soon. I want to ride this thing incredibly bad. Maybe I should transfer from transportation to attractions and try to put in for M:S. I am thinking that would be pretty sweet.

Cliff

They sure could use that attraction for the summer. But,...I'd hate to have them "rush" it though.

They did that in Imagination v3. On re-opening day, I was in line with an Imagineer and his family. He told me that they still needed to paint certain areas and finish animatronic work. It wasn't even 100% finished on opening day!

I'm OK with M:S whenever it opens,...just as long as it's REALLY ready without ANY cuts or "rushed" elements.

( I'm hoping to hear some "Horizons" music somewhere in that building...that would bring tears to my eyes )

-Cliff :D

bamboo7

Originally posted by Bryy2001
Last I heard our friend of friends Mr. Eisner demanded that Mission: Space be open fully by the 4th of July. Not to be skeptical but what is your source of this info?

well, they are just now starting to hold information sessions for cast members interested in being on the MS opening team. Then come the interviews. Then transfers, then training, then more training (opening teams are trained a LOT). There is no way that all that can happen by July 4th.

AndyMagic

Originally posted by bamboo7
well, they are just now starting to hold information sessions for cast members interested in being on the MS opening team. Then come the interviews. Then transfers, then training, then more training (opening teams are trained a LOT). There is no way that all that can happen by July 4th.
The interviews have already begun and transfers are set to begin in early May. I don't see why it is so unbelievable for it to open by late June or early July.

MicBat

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
Knowing disney...im sure something will be there....if not the music...maybe the smell of oranges in the capsules???:lookaroun :lol: :lookaroun

The song, "Space" would be good for the attraction (for obvious reasons). I still hear this song through future world.

magicimaginear

Original Poster
The soft opening for late summer is not a rumor I interviewed already and the main manager, not giving his name, but he told the whole group that was at the information/interview session not to expect M:S to open for a soft opoening before "late summer" that was there goal.

bamboo7

no month has been mentioned. they just keep saying 'late summer'. and if you still doubt me when i say that it won't be opening untill then, i'll remind you all (as i posted somewhere once before) that Brad Rex, Vice President of EPCOT told all EPCOT cast members (in person) that it will be opening in late summer. it doesn't get much more official than that.

Hank Scorpio

fingers crossed then... perhaps ill be one of the first to ride it!

Currently im planning to visit Epcot 9th September... but I could delay it till the 15th if need be so I can ride this thing!

FLcastmember

I can CONFIRM what was said here. One wave in May One in July. This is from the Head of Future World Attractions and from the M:S/TT area manager and from a Guest Service Manager at M:S. It doesnt get any more official then that.

MISSION SPACE WILL NOT BE OFFICIALLY OPENING TILL LATE SUMMER. I am Not rulling out the possibility of some sorta soft openings before that, but the entire cast needed to run the attraction day in and day out everyday will not be in place and trained till AUG 1st. So I cant see how or why you would not bring in your entire Cast at once UNLESS your plan was for a AUG/SEPT opening. And that just so happens to be what the plan is.

After Sat, all interviews will be done, and the Lucky 90-100 will know within a few weeks.

welshtigger

:brick: so once and for all does it look like all systems are go for take off in aug/sept or is that just the soft openings, or does it mean that no one still has a clue!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom