Mission: Space Hiring

magicimaginear

Original Poster
Just the soft openings. The managers of Missio: Space stated that it will take until about three months after the soft opening before there will be a grand opening.

AndyMagic

Originally posted by magicimaginear
Just the soft openings. The managers of Missio: Space stated that it will take until about three months after the soft opening before there will be a grand opening.
Wow... that is one long soft opening! Why, oh why didn't I make my trip for late August instead of June! :hammer:

About the same timetable as Rock n Roller Coaster, which I beleive soft opened on June 7 and had its grand opening on August 14th. Though after about the first week it was operating at NEARLY normal hours.

HorizonsMan

Originally posted by FLcastmember
I can CONFIRM what was said here. One wave in May One in July. This is from the Head of Future World Attractions and from the M:S/TT area manager and from a Guest Service Manager at M:S. It doesnt get any more official then that.

MISSION SPACE WILL NOT BE OFFICIALLY OPENING TILL LATE SUMMER. I am Not rulling out the possibility of some sorta soft openings before that, but the entire cast needed to run the attraction day in and day out everyday will not be in place and trained till AUG 1st. So I cant see how or why you would not bring in your entire Cast at once UNLESS your plan was for a AUG/SEPT opening. And that just so happens to be what the plan is.

After Sat, all interviews will be done, and the Lucky 90-100 will know within a few weeks.

I was at one of the interviews as well, hopefully i will be one of those lucky 90-100 that are chosen. Who knows?

AndyMagic

Originally posted by OnWithTheShow
About the same timetable as Rock n Roller Coaster, which I beleive soft opened on June 7 and had its grand opening on August 14th. Though after about the first week it was operating at NEARLY normal hours.
Hmmm... very interesting. So if M:S is supposed to Officially open late August.... is it possible it will be open by June 28th for soft openings when I'm down there? That would be about the same time as Rock n' Rollercoaster for a soft opening.

HorizonsMan

Originally posted by MicBat
Good luck, man! :wave:

Thank you, thank you very much ( does his best Elvis impression, but doesnt suceed). I appreciate all teh support i get, i am crossing my fingers about it. But yet ive already said too much.

Tim G

Originally posted by FLcastmember
I can CONFIRM what was said here. One wave in May One in July. This is from the Head of Future World Attractions and from the M:S/TT area manager and from a Guest Service Manager at M:S. It doesnt get any more official then that.

MISSION SPACE WILL NOT BE OFFICIALLY OPENING TILL LATE SUMMER. I am Not rulling out the possibility of some sorta soft openings before that, but the entire cast needed to run the attraction day in and day out everyday will not be in place and trained till AUG 1st. So I cant see how or why you would not bring in your entire Cast at once UNLESS your plan was for a AUG/SEPT opening. And that just so happens to be what the plan is.

After Sat, all interviews will be done, and the Lucky 90-100 will know within a few weeks.

Well said...:sohappy:

ToTBellHop

If you want official, it comes straight from the mouth of Marty Sklar, who I would think knows a helluva lot more about this attraction than anyone else--he is actually working on it. He stated that the attraction will open in late summer--note that he said this to guests at the Cast Blast at Disneyland. The fact that he stated this for GUESTS means that we are not talking about soft openings, here. We are talking about the grand opening taking place in August or early September. This would allow soft openings, limited in nature, to start in early July. Sklar further announced that two of the centrifuges are complete, and note that one capsule on one centrifuge was done in February--so they finished two centrifuges in two months. The ride will be done by June. Further, note that you do NOT need a full cast to soft open the ride, with say one or two centrifuges operating. Then, as the new cast members arrive in mid july, we could expect the ride to slowly raise the capacity heading toward the grand opening in, probably, mid to late August. Again, the fact that Sklar announced to guests that the attraction will open in late summer means that the grand opening will be then--they do not announce soft openings to the public. Furthermore, the fact that commercials are being taped, Fastpass kiosks were installed, and that the entire cast will be together by mid-July leads me to believe the first soft openings can begin in early July--again, very limited, as in one or two of the centrifuges operating, but still existant. Even if the ride were opening on the last day of summer, in mid September, I would say soft openings would at LEAST have to begin by late July.

bamboo7

Originally posted by DogsRule!
If you want official, it comes straight from the mouth of Marty Sklar, who I would think knows a helluva lot more about this attraction than anyone else--he is actually working on it. He stated that the attraction will open in late summer--note that he said this to guests at the Cast Blast at Disneyland. The fact that he stated this for GUESTS means that we are not talking about soft openings, here. We are talking about the grand opening taking place in August or early September. This would allow soft openings, limited in nature, to start in early July. Sklar further announced that two of the centrifuges are complete, and note that one capsule on one centrifuge was done in February--so they finished two centrifuges in two months. The ride will be done by June. Further, note that you do NOT need a full cast to soft open the ride, with say one or two centrifuges operating. Then, as the new cast members arrive in mid july, we could expect the ride to slowly raise the capacity heading toward the grand opening in, probably, mid to late August. Again, the fact that Sklar announced to guests that the attraction will open in late summer means that the grand opening will be then--they do not announce soft openings to the public. Furthermore, the fact that commercials are being taped, Fastpass kiosks were installed, and that the entire cast will be together by mid-July leads me to believe the first soft openings can begin in early July--again, very limited, as in one or two of the centrifuges operating, but still existant. Even if the ride were opening on the last day of summer, in mid September, I would say soft openings would at LEAST have to begin by late July.

aren't you the guy who was swearing up and down that it would be open by last labor day, in the SPACE Developing thread? needless to say, any info i get from you will be taken with a big old grain of salt.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by bamboo7
aren't you the guy who was swearing up and down that it would be open by last labor day, in the SPACE Developing thread? needless to say, any info i get from you will be taken with a big old grain of salt.
Whatever. I am only relaying what Marty Sklar said--and I didn't make that up. You can find his exact words on several other websites, if you want. Next time you want to at me, send me a PM--no need to waste everyone else's time. Disney DOES NOT announce soft openings. You cannot debate that. They DON'T. That is why they always have the "shhhh..." signs out for those. Any announced dates are official opening dates, and you can argue my reliability as a source, but you cannot argue Marty Sklar's--he oversees the creation of every attraction WDI oversees the construction of; he knows what is going on, and knowingly gave a time frame to an open forum, even ackknowledging that he knew all of the information he stated would reach the internet within hours of him saying it. If you want to antagonize me, fine, but it does not seem intelligent to question something coming from the vice chairman and principle creative executive of Walt Disney Imagineering.

bamboo7

Whatever. I am only relaying what Marty Sklar said--and I didn't make that up. You can find his exact words on several other websites, if you want. Next time you want to at me, send me a PM--no need to waste everyone else's time. Disney DOES NOT announce soft openings. You cannot debate that. They DON'T. That is why they always have the "shhhh..." signs out for those. Any announced dates are official opening dates, and you can argue my reliability as a source, but you cannot argue Marty Sklar's--he oversees the creation of every attraction WDI oversees the construction of; he knows what is going on, and knowingly gave a time frame to an open forum, even ackknowledging that he knew all of the information he stated would reach the internet within hours of him saying it. If you want to antagonize me, fine, but it does not seem intelligent to question something coming from the vice chairman and principle creative executive of Walt Disney Imagineering.

22 April 2003: Disney have officially announced that the preview date for Mission Space is August 15 2003, with a full official opening date to take place in October 2003.

i don't know weather to laugh at you or cry, boy.

CTXRover

In DogsRule!'s defense, prior to today, I don't think Disney ever has announced a soft opening date. It appears to be something "new" they did. Perhaps using lessons they learned from the "Test Track opening disaster". No need to "pick a fight". :) Think happy thoughts :D

bamboo7

Originally posted by CTXRover
In DogsRule!'s defense, prior to today, I don't think Disney ever has announced a soft opening date. It appears to be something "new" they did. Perhaps using lessons they learned from the "Test Track opening disaster". No need to "pick a fight". :) Think happy thoughts :D

i don't want to pick fights, i just have a problem with people taking opinions or educated guesses and stating them as absolute facts. it seems liket he more insistant these people are that they are right, the more certain you can be that they are wrong. thats all.

ToTBellHop

If I knew you, I would walk up to you and kick your a$$, but since I don't, allow me to share with you some of my feelings. I had a rather rough day yesterday, learning that my trip to disney world in early August this year will be my last for years, so I am ed off. I am insulted by your comment, and it truly does hurt, because you find reason to rub this crap in. I do not need that. If you have a problem with me, fine. Disney has never done this before, so none of us know what is going on. Steve even stated that he was confused because this has never happened before.

Do not call me "boy". You are not my father and if you were, I would probably shoot myself. Have a little freaking respect for people and get over your obnoxious self.

MicBat

If I knew you, I would walk up to you and kick your a$$, but since I don't, allow me to share with you some of my feelings. I had a rather rough day yesterday, learning that my trip to disney world in early August this year will be my last for years, so I am ed off. I am insulted by your comment, and it truly does hurt, because you find reason to rub this crap in. I do not need that. If you have a problem with me, fine. Disney has never done this before, so none of us know what is going on. Steve even stated that he was confused because this has never happened before.

Do not call me "boy". You are not my father and if you were, I would probably shoot myself. Have a little freaking respect for people and get over your obnoxious self.
Is this a threat?

Tim G

No. It's a "I've had enough of your crap, Bamboo. Get a life". For the record, he flamed me first. I think it was my right to retort.
`

Please.... please, cool down...

Have one on me... (BURB) :D

MicBat

No. It's a "I've had enough of your crap, Bamboo. Get a life". For the record, he flamed me first. I think it was my right to retort.
I don't really see how he was "flaming you" (for lack of a better word). If you want anyone to take what you have to say seriously, maybe you should keep your retortions to yourself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom