Mission: SPACE death update

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Original Poster
WESH-TV here in Orlando just reported that the official report on Daudi Bamuwamye, the four-year-old who passed out on M:S and died shortly thereafter, will be released tomorrow.

The report apparently lists the official cause of death as a rare cardiac arrhythmia, of which the boy's parents were not aware. WESH spoke with a local cardiologist, who said that this condition is rather hard to diagnose. He also stated that the only chance of reviving the boy would have been the immediate use of a defibrillator, and that the boy's age was NOT a factor.

Pongo

MrNonacho said:
WESH-TV here in Orlando just reported that the official report on Daudi Bamuwamye, the four-year-old who passed out on M:S and died shortly thereafter, will be released tomorrow.

The report apparently lists the official cause of death as a rare cardiac arrythmia, of which the boy's parents were not aware. WESH spoke with a local cardiologist, who said that this condition is rather hard to diagnose. He also stated that the only chance of reviving the boy would have been the immediate use of a defibrillator, and that the boy's age was NOT a factor.

Thanks for the update. I saw the teaser for that earlier today, but I didn't end up watching the news tonight.

Hawk4255

Terrible tragedy, no doubt. Unfortunately it was one of those "never saw it coming" ordeals. I'll be interested in seeing how much media coverage this news gets in comparison to the rather accusatory reports in June.

Prayers are with the family.

Jose Eber

It will be interesting to see if the parents come back and say, hey, the kid was sick, but did the ride exacerbate his condition or create a scenario where the body would be tested beyond capacity.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Original Poster
Jose Eber said:
It will be interesting to see if the parents come back and say, hey, the kid was sick, but did the ride exacerbate his condition or create a scenario where the body would be tested beyond capacity.

They are expected to make a statement after the report is released.

Jose Eber

Its a very intense ride. you really have to be in great health for that thing.

Its kind of like astronaut training -- not for everyone, not for the average person. Which is sort of sad that Disney is getting too specific in ride creation -- nice if the whole family could ride.

WeLComeHomE OKW

im relieved to find out the ride wasnt at fault, and that his age was not a factor. Sometimes you just cant avoid these things... My prayers are with the family

Narthex

Jose Eber said:

Its kind of like astronaut training -- not for everyone, not for the average person. Which is sort of sad that Disney is getting too specific in ride creation -- nice if the whole family could ride.

I have seen plenty of families getting on Mission: Space for a ride. I also had a great experience riding it with an 80+ year old couple who simply loved it.

Connor002

So, basicly they're saying what so many of us already have: the boy had a pre-exsisting condition.

It still is horrible, though, I can't imagine what it would be like to loose a family member like that...

Craig & Lisa

It is always a sad thing for this to happen, but in light of this news do you think anyone will say I'm sorry to Disney in a public statement? The media or the family?, I think not.

lewisc

Craig & Lisa said:
It is always a sad thing for this to happen, but in light of this news do you think anyone will say I'm sorry to Disney in a public statement? The media or the family?, I think not.

I doubt it. I also doubt all the internet posters who said the parents were at fault for letting a 4 year old ride MS will be saying they're sorry for attacking the parents.

Connor posted
So, basicly they're saying what so many of us already have: the boy had a pre-exsisting condition.

They based their report on a careful review of the medical information. I really wouldn't compare that to people who posted based on absolutely no information. It doesn't really matter if a person blamed Disney, the parents or said it was a pre-existing condition. Posting before the information was available was wrong even if the conclusion turned out to be correct.

Jose Eber posted

Its kind of like astronaut training -- not for everyone, not for the average person. Which is sort of sad that Disney is getting too specific in ride creation -- nice if the whole family could ride

It better not be astronaut training unless Disney wants to give everyone complete astronaut physical exams before riding.

I do agree specific knowledge can ruin some of the effects of the rides but the internet leaking advance pictures and run through of attractions like EE does the exact same thing.

bgraham34

lewisc said:
I doubt it. I also doubt all the internet posters who said the parents were at fault for letting a 4 year old ride MS will be saying they're sorry for attacking the parents.

But the parents are still at fault for bringing their kid on that ride no matter how you look at it.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
bgraham34 said:
But the parents are still at fault for bringing their kid on that ride no matter how you look at it.

How...? The child had a condition which was hard to diagnose. If he had been perfectly healthy, there wouldn't of been a problem. They had no way of knowing he was unhealthy.

In short, it was something that no one could of knowingly prevented.

Laura

Premium Member
mousermerf said:
How...? The child had a condition which was hard to diagnose. If he had been perfectly healthy, there wouldn't of been a problem. They had no way of knowing he was unhealthy.

In short, it was something that no one could of knowingly prevented.

Exactly. You don't just walk around living life as if your child *might* have a very rare undiagnosed disorder. If as far as you know your child is healthy then that's how you treat them. Disney says he's tall enough to ride, the parents assume he's healthy, had it not been for this medical condition he would have been fine. There is no one at fault here.

lewisc

bgraham34 said:

Not if you believe the OP in this thread. Rare, undiagnosed condition. Age not a factor. Under your logic no oneshould ride MS since there is no way of knowing if any of us has an undiagnosed condition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom