Missing Journey into Imagination Signage

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Hopefully one step better and replacing it with one that isn't faded. But, that's probably a big dream. It seems logical that they might have taken it down because of Matthew. I have never understood why it was just put up there as a temporary cloth banner to begin with. It always looked so cheap and never really related to what was inside as far as theme was concerned.
Ahhhhh, but as you so often point out, there are many park guests who dont notice all the little details and still have a perfectly fine vacation. Cohesive theme and high quality are a thing of the past, you have to stop being nostalgic and expecting the parks to remain the same. Your memory is creating a stronger perception than the actual reality of it. You are intentionally setting out to find a problem. If you find it "cheap", then dont go, no one is forcing you to spend your money there.

(i hope you detect my sarcasm with this post);)

Cmdr_Crimson

It's kind of sad to think that the only thing remaining from it's original incarnation can be heard in the bathrooms.
Yep......It's pretty crappy......
oMB2qR1.jpg

Goofyernmost

Ahhhhh, but as you so often point out, there are many park guests who dont notice all the little details and still have a perfectly fine vacation. Cohesive theme and high quality are a thing of the past, you have to stop being nostalgic and expecting the parks to remain the same. Your memory is creating a stronger perception than the actual reality of it. You are intentionally setting out to find a problem. If you find it "cheap", then dont go, no one is forcing you to spend your money there.

(i hope you detect my sarcasm with this post);)
I did detect it, but, my upset about the banner has nothing to do with the past. It is the way the present is being handled. If I had never been in Epcot in my life I would have been turned off by the cloth banner. The same type that Coke company gives out for some school events. Trouble was it didn't even say drink Coke on it. Even if they had bothered to clean it once in awhile, I might have been more inclined to ignore it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I did detect it, but, my upset about the banner has nothing to do with the past. It is the way the present is being handled. If I had never been in Epcot in my life I would have been turned off by the cloth banner. The same type that Coke company gives out for some school events. Trouble was it didn't even say drink Coke on it. Even if they had bothered to clean it once in awhile, I might have been more inclined to ignore it.
Long story, but today's banner is directly linked to the JIYI banner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom