Missing: Hidden Mickey In Haunted Mansion Dining Table

raven

The reason WDI does not like this Hidden Mickey is because it's not one of their own.

Unlike most works of art, WDI can't 'sign' their work. Outside of Tony Baxter or Joe Rhode, you don't really hear of the names of anyone from WDI who works on a ride. And besides, Joe and Tony are not the only ones who work on a project....

As a result Hidden Mickey's (and other hidden items, Mr. Toad in Pooh, or the Mustard and ketchup pipes in Dinosaur) are ways for imagineers to say "I've work on this, there my Hidden Mickey signature. When park CM's put in their own Hidden Mickey's WDI considers that a forgery of their work.

This is true. I think the Hidden Mickey's should be only installed by WDI to keep it official. While working in Via Napoli a few weeks before it opened, a painter was working on the copper-colored ceiling above the bench by the bathrooms. We tried to get him to put in a hidden Mickey but he said he'd be fired if he even tried. Guess he'd been informed as well.

Ginger is the most amazing HM CM ever! I got to do the tour last summer with my boyfriend who is also a CM. Thanks to the Development Connection Tab, I've been able to do the HM, SSE and Everest tours. Anyhow, kinda gross, but you know that very super close wall you can touch right before the dining room scene? Yeah, I wouldn't touch it if I were you. Guest like to spit on that wall =( Oh and tons of gum.

Grandma from COP is grandma from HM. (remember, Disney likes to reuse animatraonics.)

When enter the attraction on the buggies, it's supposed to be a monter-ish type creature with claws.

Ha, I wrote them down, I just forgot the rest. Tons more! :zipit:
Here is the jack book on the library floor. You can just see it in the dark, but after the tour we were able to ride the attraction and use flash with our hearts content.

Jack Book in Library

Hidden Mickeys in music stand in the piano section

Also, if you're a CM, you need to be quick about signing up because there's limited spaces. My boyfriend and I stayed awake the whole night waiting for registration and you have to have fast fingers on the comp. I believe they only let 7 in. But with that said, if you're willing to wake up at 7am the day of the tour, go anyhow to see if they'll let you in. That's how we did it. We risked it, showed up and they let us go in. Now if they only did COP tours! :cry: That would be amazing! well, at least to me that is.

Somebody

There is also a wall under the ride behind the hitch hiking ghosts that CM's sign. There is also some not so nice things written on the wall.

Wbnemo1

that makes me sick to my stomach, cast members need to keep their sigs off walls...I worked there long before most of these castmembers and we didn't "sign" anything. I worked with Ginger, lady of the house, from 97 till 2002, when I made 5the decision to just work Jungle...We used to have serious fun back in the day playing off each other... There's also a skelleton Mickey that most of the newer mansioners don't know about, ask Ginger to show ya :)

Will

AKA Babs

that makes me sick to my stomach, cast members need to keep their sigs off walls...I worked there long before most of these castmembers and we didn't "sign" anything. I worked with Ginger, lady of the house, from 97 till 2002, when I made 5the decision to just work Jungle...We used to have serious fun back in the day playing off each other... There's also a skelleton Mickey that most of the newer mansioners don't know about, ask Ginger to show ya :)

Will

AKA Babs

At GMR, there's the hand prints of past cms as well. I wonder if all the attractions do this.

graphite1326

Yes, how does someone that isn't a CM arrange to take a tour of the Haunted Mansion? I'd give my left thumb to take that tour!

I took the tour. It was great. I was in the ballroom while the ride was running with doombuggys going over my head. I know alot of the answers to your questions. But, I don't want to be a spoiler.

I even know the reason why the mickey plates keep going back and forth from hidden Mickey to no Hidden Mickey.

gerryu21220

I took the tour. It was great. I was in the ballroom while the ride was running with doombuggys going over my head. I know alot of the answers to your questions. But, I don't want to be a spoiler.

I even know the reason why the mickey plates keep going back and forth from hidden Mickey to no Hidden Mickey.

Spoil us, please!!! We want to know everything!

iheartdisney91

the painted red eyes is very true, however it was a dog? i think...
Screenshot2010-09-06at80618PM.png

^courtesy of Flickr

gerryu21220

I will tell you this. When I was in the ballroom the "ghost" blowing out the candles was a man. When I was on the ride last week, it is now a woman. Could have been part of the upgrade. I took the tour before then.

That's not even possible. The birthday girl was specially built for that specific purpose (hands on table, physically lean forward, blowing out candles), and they can't simply swap out the figures that way with her. She's always been a woman.

You sure you weren't envisioning the scene backwards and confusing her with Caesar at the other end of the table?

disnyfan89

That's not even possible. The birthday girl was specially built for that specific purpose (hands on table, physically lean forward, blowing out candles), and they can't simply swap out the figures that way with her. She's always been a woman.

You sure you weren't envisioning the scene backwards and confusing her with Caesar at the other end of the table?
I can further confirm its not the grandma from the HM because the face mold is the same as the dog whistler in pirates. Just like the jungle cruise uses the same face for the lowest man on the totem pole as the guy in the graveyard of the HM.

gerryu21220

I can further confirm its not the grandma from the HM because the face mold is the same as the dog whistler in pirates. Just like the jungle cruise uses the same face for the lowest man on the totem pole as the guy in the graveyard of the HM.

Grandma is not the Birthday Girl... Grandma sits in a rocking chair near the fireplace. (She is the same Grandma as the one in Carousel of Progress scene 1). Grandma wasn't even part of the conversation.

Birthday girl has always shared the same face with the whistling pirate. LOTS of AA figures share the same face - even in the same room. Nothing new - that's the way it has ALWAYS been since day one.

Caesar shares a face with one of the women coming in through the doorway at the bottom of the staircase. It's commonly done - sharing faces between sexes. Just change hair and make-up.

Actually, I suppose you could say that birthday ghost is a man in another context : the trumpeter in the graveyard band has the exact same head.

harveyt0206

Actually, I suppose you could say that birthday ghost is a man in another context : the trumpeter in the graveyard band has the exact same head.

You know, I may stand alone in this opinion, but I actually think that the sharing of faces/molds amongst the AA's is part of what makes the Disney dark rides so fun. I love looking for same/similar AA's on the various rides. It gives everything a connection that is primarily subconcious for most people.

graphite1326

You know you might be right. But I am almost sure it was the same figure dressed as a man. I remember the cheeks all blowed out and leaning forward as you said. But my mind may be playing tricks on me. I was pretty excited at the time. It may be worth checking into.

Mansion Butler

She sure as heck hasn't changed since I first started there almost five years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom