Misnomers and Misconceptions

MKingdom25

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

One more... Transportation cast members often refer to the MK as the Tragic Kingdom... :)

Maybe I am missing something, but why would they refer to it as Tragic Kingdom?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Maybe I am missing something, but why would they refer to it as Tragic Kingdom?
To provide know it all paerk guests the opertunity to show their knowledge of the parks buy answering daft questions, and then the intolerant ones can have people ejected for invading their space and assaulting their ears, Disney security can be called and offending guests can be ejected, reducing lines for those who know hoe to wait patiently in silence. Hoooray for the happiest place on earth.

DisJosh

Talsonic...giving someone advice would not be rude.

Now me telling you what an you're coming off as by merely speaking would be rude.

Have a nice day. :)

cymbaldiva

:sohappy: Go DisJosh! I just got back to this thread - my how far it has come! If the people who chose to trash my words knew me at all, they would know that I never speak unless I'm 99 % (nothing is EVER 100% ) sure I'm correct.

As far as ejecting people from the parks, I have seen it done, but never for merely trying to be helpful to others.

TravisMT81

No it isn't an investment. My parents have owned DVC since 1995. And in a 5 year period they have made their initial investment back. Then the maintance fees are only 650 a year. So it is a real bargain right now. A 5 night stay in a 2 bedroom villa is 2500 dollars cash. DVC isn't for everyone, but it fits our family great!!

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
:sohappy: Go DisJosh! I just got back to this thread - my how far it has come! If the people who chose to trash my words knew me at all, they would know that I never speak unless I'm 99 % (nothing is EVER 100% ) sure I'm correct.

same here! i don't say anything unless i know i'm right...sometimes though, if someone asks me a question, or if i'm explaining something to someone (and this goes for everything, not just Disney) then i'll go ahead if i'm not completely sure, but i'll be the first to say "now, i'm not REALLY sure on that but i THINK that's how it is." but it's up to the other person to hear that part of it ;)

Geordi

I don't need to worry about overhearing people, and then deciding to help them... People routinely come up to me and ask questions, usually without even asking if I am a CM. There are even a few CMs in the Living Seas that think I work in Transportation in MK... :D

It helps that I'm a Florida resident, and visit about 10-15 times each year. I love having an RV. Other than the cost of the gas to get there, I can do a disney trip for just about $60 / day for a family of 4. That's only one meal in the park somewhere, and a snack of some sort. The rest is the minor cost of food and generator gas in the RV.

As far as helping people, yes, I am happy to do it. I was in WDW as part of the National 4-H Congress about 7 years ago, as a 4-H member. We got into Epcot super-early one day to participate in several group conferences, sponsored by the pavillion sponsors (Kraft, Kodak, GM, etc)

This was right after Wonders of Life opened, and there was also supposed to be a conference in there. The people running the 4-H program were totally lost, even to the point of finally asking "Is there anyone from the Florida delegation that knows EPCOT?" I was the only WDW fanatic in the entire FL delegation. I got made into a tour guide, on the spot.

I had to bring 3 separate groups to their pavillions, then finally get back to Motion for my own... Whew, what a lot of hoofing! The best was 4-H has a rule, at all these events, you dress up. But for this day, everyone was told to be comfortable. I was the ONLY person not wearing a tie, and wearing comfortable shoes. The girls were all in heels. :rolleyes: They were regretting it BADLY after we were accidentally sent to WOL when that group was supposed to go to Imagination. Oops.

I like helping lost people. I seem to get asked questions, simply because I usually look like I KNOW where I'm going or what I am looking for. I guess it just gives off an aura.:drevil:

--Jim

FanofDinsey1981

whew! I go away for 2 days and a war starts out.

I should simply state that when I help people out, they are usually quite in the un-knowing, and if I can help them out, I do. I dont give them any history lesson, just simply point them in the correct direction.

:)

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The one thing that you can only do if you're a CM (and get away with) is answering a question before the person finishes asking it.

Otherwise, you gotta hear them out ;)

-Rob

Sketch105

Thank you DisJosh.

A lot of people appreciate other advice or info.

As for Talsonic, some cast members are "just there". Not all of them are Disney fanatics like us, but just have it as a summer job.

Here's a funny story: I was at Busch Gardens the other day and I was standing in line for Rhino Rally, when the CM announced "There is no smoking in the queue house. Please do not smoke in the queue house." A particlarly irate guest who was complaining about waiting in line said aloud "What the heck is a queue house??" He looked at me. I shrugged so he would stop looking at me, and when he turned around I threw my hands in the air like a cartoon, mouthing "its the big freaking tent above us!!!!" I was so fed up with his complaints.

I don't blame the guy for not knowing,but c'mon: House=roof=tent over our heads. He could have looked up. Plus I was just fed up with his complaints.

jmarc63

AND NOW BACK TO..........

ok lets get back to the original thread.

My biggest pet peev is refering to the MK as Disneyworld

Wilt Dasney

I hear ya, folks!!! Those morons really got on my nerves, too!!!

Personally, I love Peter Pan's Wild Flight, although the Pirate Cruise over in Adventureworld is cool, too! I haven't gone to Epcot yet, 'cuz I only like Disney parks, but Universal is one of my favorites, especially Aerosmith: The Ride. I can't wait to check out the Jurassic Park ride in Animal Kingdom, too, and I'm finally hoping I'll meet Rocky and Bullwinkle in Fantasyland this year!

Isn't it great to be amongst such knowledgeable people on this site?!

P.S.: Snow White's Castle, here I come!!!

ocolectr

Came up with this one while on opening team at Animal Kingdom:

"After riding Killemtomorrow Safari be sure to board the Wildlice Express to Constipation Station. Once there make sure to take the kiddies to pet the animals at Infection Section." - said in really bad accent.

"Killentomorrow Safari - I we don't kill'em today, we'll kill'em tomorrow!"

:hammer:

Favorites for Test Track - Stress Track, Death Trap, Big 'Ol Tuna Can.

:D

durhay

Hey Fanof ... are you aware that your userid name doesn't match the name in your avatar pic? Or has that been discussed in another thread? :animwink:

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by durhay
Hey Fanof ... are you aware that your userid name doesn't match the name in your avatar pic? Or has that been discussed in another thread? :animwink:
yeah, someone made me that avitor! I guess he didn't realize I spelled my name slightly different!

believe it or not, you are the first to notice!

CmdrTostada

Here ya go

Attachments

12.1 KB · Views: 91

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom