misery at DHS

Britt

Well, if anyone knows of a quieter time to go, I'd love to hear it. Is it true that even the week after Thaanksgiving, previously a ghost town, is now crowded? Thanks.
Honestly, I went the first week of Sept and had the opposite experience. We walked on to just about everything except Kali and Splash, in all the parks!

G00fyDad

You all seem to be really smart and level headed.......

4mceko5.gif

BuddyThomas

Honestly, I went the first week of Sept and had the opposite experience. We walked on to just about everything except Kali and Splash, in all the parks!
Not this year, at least for us. But again, we still had fun. I think September as "quiet" has been discovered.

deanaandrich

Been to Disney the past 4 weekends and its been empty. I assume its getting crowded for F&W starting on Friday. The end of the slow season was last weekend. It will now be packed until January. Also, the rain has kept everyone inside the past couple days. Hello sunshine.

aeillill

I was there this morning too, it was way too busy for me, I did the drawing class a few times and my FP for TOT and then headed over to Epcot.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Well, if anyone knows of a quieter time to go, I'd love to hear it. Is it true that even the week after Thaanksgiving, previously a ghost town, is now crowded? Thanks.

When things are relative.. it's a good time :) Closer you get to xmas it ramps up. January is good too.

What people need to look out for in the traditional 'off' periods are special events. Those will kill ya

CtDisneyGuy33

Uh Oh - we picked the 2nd week of Oct because we heard it was quiet and decent weather. I checked some of the other sites and they had it as a lower than normal week. Are we looking at crazy crowds that week in your opinions? (Pls no!)

ninjaprincesst

I would think it would be slower in Sept and Oct simply because of school, but I don't know if other states have as strict attendance rules as Texas does. In Texas if you take your kid out of school for a week for vacation you get five unexcused absences and atomatically fail the semester, so all us Texas people are stuck with big crowds because we can only go when school is out.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Well it's not like there's that many other big hit attractions to choose from like the rest of the parks has..

HS has TMM, RRC, ToT, Star Tours......................what else? A bunch of shows and a couple of outdated rides .-.

At least Animal Kingdom is big enough to keep people spread out.. or too hot and have people leaving.

Fantasmic

I was there today too... It was fairly busy... but not unbearable or miserable! Yes, TOT had a long wait, but they were only running one side so it figures. RnRC always gets a wait as does TSMM.

Star Tours was a walk on (I was the rebel spy)

FettFan

September is not the slow season anymore. The free DDP keeps things fairly busy through the less traveled times of the year.

Not quite. The first two weeks of September are rather slow. My friend took his family to the World from Sept 5-11 and said that the parks were mostly quiet. No lines for characters and the average ride wait was about 15 minutes. Even in his pictures, the backgrounds are mostly dead. Wife and kids with Alice and the Hatter...and you could see maybe five people in the background in front of Tomorrowland Speedway.

Bairstow

Ditto.
Was at WDW this year from Sep 6-10 and the crowd levels were extremely low. The longest we waited for anything all trip was 45 minutes for Astro Orbiter one night, and that was only because it was after 11 and they only had one CM up top.
Touring plans was ranking certain parks as 1s to 3s and it felt it.
Keep in mind when planning your vacation that crowd levels at the various WDW parks are rarely uniformly high or low- they tend to fluctuate depending on which park has extra magic hours and/or whether or not Wishes and/or the main street electrical parade is showing at the Magic Kingdom. In general, the more "special" stuff going on at a park, the better idea it is to avoid it.

Consult your crowd calendars. They're usually right.
http://www.undercovertourist.com/planning/when-to-visit.html

I'm currently at DHS (Wed 09/25) and its absolutely miserable. I thought this was the slow season. I got here at 10 and toy story was already at 70 and fast pass return of 655-755pm. Tower of terror and Aerosmith are around 45min. Is something going on here that im missing?

You think that's bad? There is a 70 minute queue just for for TSMM FP''s at rope drop!

H
I am wondering of there are any holidays in Brazil at this time of year because honestly, the majority of the crowd seemed to be Brazilian and we encountered countless groups traveling in packs of ten to twenty or more......

May through September is unfortunately Brazilian tour group season. Impossible to avoid them in that time frame.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Ditto.
Was at WDW this year from Sep 6-10 and the crowd levels were extremely low. The longest we waited for anything all trip was 45 minutes for Astro Orbiter one night, and that was only because it was after 11 and they only had one CM up top.
Touring plans was ranking certain parks as 1s to 3s and it felt it.
Keep in mind when planning your vacation that crowd levels at the various WDW parks are rarely uniformly high or low- they tend to fluctuate depending on which park has extra magic hours and/or whether or not Wishes and/or the main street electrical parade is showing at the Magic Kingdom. In general, the more "special" stuff going on at a park, the better idea it is to avoid it.

Consult your crowd calendars. They're usually right.
http://www.undercovertourist.com/planning/when-to-visit.html
i notice that they are showing red for a lot of May 2014 weekends but we have never experienced huge crowds in May (two weeks after the first weekend).
Is there something happening next year or have we just hit the parks lucky ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom