misery at DHS

Epcot-Rules

I know another person mentioned F&W, but isn't the Tower of Terror 10 miler this weekend too??

I'd rather be down there now, than up here in the western PA-- this morning, I woke up to a second morning temp of a balmy 38 degrees. Farenheit. I love fall but so am not ready for it this year!

Enjoy your trip!
I wished it would cool off here. It was 92 today and humid as heck!

MickeyPeace

I was there today too. Absolutely packed. I thought it was strange too. The fast pass line for ToT was down to the restrooms at 1230pm. CM said "only one elevator was working". I came back to rest. HS wore me out. Headed to Epcot now.

Dubman

I was there today too. Absolutely packed. I thought it was strange too. The fast pass line for ToT was down to the restrooms at 1230pm. CM said "only one elevator was working". I came back to rest. HS wore me out. Headed to Epcot now.

This is why we always, always get the park hopper option.. Cost us an extra 180 (3 x $60.00) but worth every penny!

toolsnspools

I was there for almost 2 weeks in July and we never rode TSMM, ToT or RnRC. We were there to relax, and the thought of waiting in any of those lines never appealed to us. Neither did the idea of getting fast-passes and waiting around for 6 hours to use them.

Dubman

Better yet get an AP. That's what I do

There was a stretch in 04-05 that we did just that.. 2 years in a row we had an AP and spent 3 weeks in the world each year!! It was definitely the way to go.. After our son was born we do 1 trip a year with our longest drought being between 2/11 and 10/12.. Longest 20 months of my life!!! LOL

luv

I thought there was real misery, lol. Like maybe someone had shot up the place or done something terrible. Don't scare me like that!

Long waits for popular rides at 10:00 in the morning are fairly common. Try to adjust your attitude, so you don't think of it as misery, but as a challenge. :)

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
One person's misery is another's ideal.

As a couple of teachers with a student, we very rarely get to travel in non-peak times. A 60 minute standby line for TSMM is about a third of the usual at 10am during mid-summer or Spring Break. We have very rarely seen it below 100 minutes at 10am in any our trips (granted we have never waited more than 20 as we always do it at opening, during EMH, or with FP).

We are very excited that we managed to get 2 days off at the same time and are heading down for ToT 10-miler/MNSSHP/F&W Festival next weekend. Really looking forward to TSMM perhaps having a short wait during the Villains Party (post-race).

aladdin2007

One reason for the crowds could be the weather, its been a wash out the last couple days and people may be coming out of the wood work now to make up for it since its clearing.

BuddyThomas

H
Hey guys. First of all, I would like to say that I am brand new here. I was on another Disney board that shall remain nameless, but while there, never have I encountered such a smug, pompous, condescending group of know it alls in my entire life. I figured there must be another Disney board, did a search and found you all. Having read posts for a week or so, I decided to join. You all seem to be really smart and level headed, and retain a sense of humor and good will, which is sorely lacking on this other board.

Annnnnyway, back to the point:

I was at Disney from September 14 to 18, after having been told by many smug know it alls on the other board that this was the perfect time to go.

It was MOBBED!!!

I am wondering of there are any holidays in Brazil at this time of year because honestly, the majority of the crowd seemed to be Brazilian and we encountered countless groups traveling in packs of ten to twenty or more......

Maybe Disney is doing a marketing blitz there? Who knows. Anyway, the parks were just packed and even the extra magic hours at MGM were not doable. 40 minute waits for everything.

Plus, the temperature was about a thousand degrees.

Don't get me wrong. We had a great time. How can you not? But these stories of it being empty in September seem not to be so true anymore.

Is there any time of the year any more with light crowds?

Sigh.

alissafalco

H

Hey guys. First of all, I would like to say that I am brand new here. I was on another Disney board that shall remain nameless, but while there, never have I encountered such a smug, pompous, condescending group of know it alls in my entire life. I figured there must be another Disney board, did a search and found you all. Having read posts for a week or so, I decided to join. You all seem to be really smart and level headed, and retain a sense of humor and good will, which is sorely lacking on this other board.

Annnnnyway, back to the point:

I was at Disney from September 14 to 18, after having been told by many smug know it alls on the other board that this was the perfect time to go.

It was MOBBED!!!

I am wondering of there are any holidays in Brazil at this time of year because honestly, the majority of the crowd seemed to be Brazilian and we encountered countless groups traveling in packs of ten to twenty or more......

Maybe Disney is doing a marketing blitz there? Who knows. Anyway, the parks were just packed and even the extra magic hours at MGM were not doable. 40 minute waits for everything.

Plus, the temperature was about a thousand degrees.

Don't get me wrong. We had a great time. How can you not? But these stories of it being empty in September seem not to be so true anymore.

Is there any time of the year any more with light crowds?

Sigh.

We had the SAME exact experience when we went last September!! We were there Sept. 15-23rd 2012, and it was totally mobbed with foreigners (Americans are back in school then), and it was a 1000 degrees. I vowed not to ever go back in September again!

Britt

UGH How frustrating! Sorry it's been a long day! Im not at ALL a fan of DHS and would skip that park all together if I could, so I had to LOL at your title. Im always in misery when Im there ;) (kidding kidding. i'd take a day of DHS over real life any day).

BuddyThomas

We had the SAME exact experience when we went last September!! We were there Sept. 15-23rd 2012, and it was totally mobbed with foreigners (Americans are back in school then), and it was a 1000 degrees. I vowed not to ever go back in September again!
Well, if anyone knows of a quieter time to go, I'd love to hear it. Is it true that even the week after Thaanksgiving, previously a ghost town, is now crowded? Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom