misery at DHS

Matt_Black

Actually, about the EMH's..in my opinion, it's best to STAY AWAY from the park that has EMH's. (Early Morning, not the night ones)
We did that this trip and it wasn't too crowded! I mean, it wasn't too crowded in the parks that don't have EMH's. For example, the other day we went to DHS, and it wasn't really that packed!
That's because DAK had EMH's that morning. We were able to get on TSMM 3 times! (twice in a row, third with FP)
At some point, we also went to DAK when MK had EMH's..not even crowded! It was awesome! I went on EE 5 times in a row!
So, advice for some people; Stay away from parks with Early Morning Hours. Less crowded parks. Nicer time. Low ride wait times. EVERYONE'S HAPPY!

Huh. I've had a different experience. I did the parks with Early Morning Hours at Christmas last year and was walking onto rides or having minimal wait times until at least lunch time.

sweetpee_1993

I was never a comic book kid (more The Hardy Boys) and I've never read a Potter book (or a Twilight one for that matter), so those aspects of Uni don't get to me the way that Disney characters do.

I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon with mainstream stuff so I avoided the HP franchise for a while. I think it was the pre-release of the 4th or 5th book when I was scoffing at the excitement of my coworkers who were anxious to get their books at midnight on release day. I gave them such a hard time about it. My sergeant decided to hit me up with a challenge. She brought me the 1st book when we started our 2 week night shift rotation. She challenged me to read the first 3 chapters and not be hooked. If I could read those 3 chapters and put the book down she'd buy my dinner the following night. If I enjoyed the book she'd lend me the rest of the current books so I could read them all. Weeeeeeell, needless to say - I did a loooot of reading during those 2 weeks of night shifts. I never in a million years would've thought I could enjoy HP because I don't like fantasy type stuff (like Lord of the Rings, etc.). These books are imaginative. I think what hooked me was wanting to know what happened to Harry next. I was drawn in to the story of the boy. So, I try to challenge others to do as I did. Read those first 3 chapters. Don't think about the hype or the cliche side of it. Just read the chapters. If you're done at the end of 3 chapters, so be it. ;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon with mainstream stuff so I avoided the HP franchise for a while. I think it was the pre-release of the 4th or 5th book when I was scoffing at the excitement of my coworkers who were anxious to get their books at midnight on release day. I gave them such a hard time about it. My sergeant decided to hit me up with a challenge. She brought me the 1st book when we started our 2 week night shift rotation. She challenged me to read the first 3 chapters and not be hooked. If I could read those 3 chapters and put the book down she'd buy my dinner the following night. If I enjoyed the book she'd lend me the rest of the current books so I could read them all. Weeeeeeell, needless to say - I did a loooot of reading during those 2 weeks of night shifts. I never in a million years would've thought I could enjoy HP because I don't like fantasy type stuff (like Lord of the Rings, etc.). These books are imaginative. I think what hooked me was wanting to know what happened to Harry next. I was drawn in to the story of the boy. So, I try to challenge others to do as I did. Read those first 3 chapters. Don't think about the hype or the cliche side of it. Just read the chapters. If you're done at the end of 3 chapters, so be it. ;)
Or just do the books on tape!

What hooked me (very similar story) was that my parents had the first 4 books on tape (my Dad would listen to him on his 2 hour daily commutes (round trip)...so, one Christmas, I was doing work in Chicago and NYC and driving a lot to those places from Georgia (LOOONG drives)...

Yeah, I got hooked. I even remember listening to it non stop...airport, etc...dragging out the old walkman for flights to Denver.

Then, I picked up the books and got caught up.

The movies are good...but the books are vastly superior!

Matt_Black

Or just do the books on tape!

What hooked me (very similar story) was that my parents had the first 4 books on tape (my Dad would listen to him on his 2 hour daily commutes (round trip)...so, one Christmas, I was doing work in Chicago and NYC and driving a lot to those places from Georgia (LOOONG drives)...

Yeah, I got hooked. I even remember listening to it non stop...airport, etc...dragging out the old walkman for flights to Denver.

Then, I picked up the books and got caught up.

The movies are good...but the books are vastly superior!

Bespectacled young British lad with mystic potential attends a school for students with special gifts? Just a mish-mash of Tim Hunter from DC and X-Men.

mguimond1990

Original Poster
We returned from WDW on Saturday and I don't think we'll make the September mistake again. Its the rainy season, its still warm and there's still too many Portuguese flag bearing drones.

I will say this. I have never seen so many brazilians in my life. Obviously, they are more than welcome to enjoy the park like the rest of us, but I just couldnt believe how many of them there were. I thought maybe it was the F&W festival that drew them in but im not sure. Im debating if I want to go early in september next year or try end of nov/early dec and see MVMCP.

jkl2000

People are right in saying there are no down months anymore, but there are still down weeks, especially on the back ends of minor holidays.

I'm hoping that the week following Columbus Day (the week of Monday, Oct. 21st, that is, which is also the week before the week with Halloween in it) is relatively uncrowded. Of course, Free Dining and F&W will have an effect.

stevehousse

I think the OP just went during the only buy week during September. And to say that is busy, then you don't know wdw crowds! I check wait times all this month as we are planning on going in Sept '14, and that week was by far the "busiest" of Sept! Right now TSMM is a 40 min stand by wait...

BuddyThomas

I will say this. I have never seen so many brazilians in my life. Obviously, they are more than welcome to enjoy the park like the rest of us, but I just couldnt believe how many of them there were. I thought maybe it was the F&W festival that drew them in but im not sure. Im debating if I want to go early in september next year or try end of nov/early dec and see MVMCP.
We noticed exactly the same thing! I felt like I was in Rio many times. I really hate to generalize an entire group of people, but there were Brazilians everywhere, and it always seemed like they were traveling in gigantic packs of ten, twenty, thirty or more. More often than not, these were not the most polite groups in the world either. We started wondering of there were some national holidays in Brazil that made September vacation time for them. I've seen people on threads bemoaning this phenomenon in the past and I never understood it until I experienced it.

draybook

I think the OP just went during the only buy week during September. And to say that is busy, then you don't know wdw crowds! I check wait times all this month as we are planning on going in Sept '14, and that week was by far the "busiest" of Sept! Right now TSMM is a 40 min stand by wait...

Big difference between checking wait times and waiting in line in person. Especially if you're using any other wait times app than Disney's. We have now been on four separate September trips covering the entire month and the only time I've seen TSMM at 40 minutes is before 9:30am and during Fantasmic.

stevehousse

Big difference between checking wait times and waiting in line in person. Especially if you're using any other wait times app than Disney's. We have now been on four separate September trips covering the entire month and the only time I've seen TSMM at 40 minutes is before 9:30am and during Fantasmic.
This was the middle of the afternoon 330pm eastern time. I check disneys app all the time! Surprisingly ever sincePrincess Fairytale Hall opened, Rapunzel has had the longest wait out of any attraction at MK!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom