Minor Update

ilvdisney

But I have a question: I heard Brer Fox and Bear aren't doing M&Gs anymore, so I assume they're going to have M&Gs for them again?[/quote]

I was in WDW May 31 - June 4th and got a picture at a meet and greet with Brer Fox!

Animaniac93-98

ReDisniey E-Dew, thanks for all the info! But I was wondering is there any hope for characters from The Rescuers, The Great Mouse Detective, Oliver and Company, The Black Cauldron, Pete's Dragon or other Disney films from the 70's and 80's? (since costumes have been made before for the other parks for these films)

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
If they are not featured in the autograph book, they're not a new character, they're not part of a marketing campaign currently, and they have not appeared in the park for at least several years...

... the chances are slim.

Space Mountain

Kermit and Piggy do not come out anymore because apparently they were deemed too awkward. (In my opinion, they're also too awkward for the parade and I wish they would appear in the normal, "puppet" selves while riding the cars. That'd be great!)

I've seen Brer Fox every time I go to MK in front of the shooting arcade. Last time I went was like a month and a half ago.

Brer Fox was out last week.

Gorjus

(believe it or not, Cruella was almost removed).

Oh thank goodness she wasn't. One day, during the MGM 4:15 character set at the hat, a little girl asked Cruella: "Why don't you like the puppies?". Without missing a beat, Cruella said: "Oh, darling! I LOOOVE the puppies.....just not in the same way you do." I was glad not to be drinking out of my water bottle at the time. I would have spit it all out. It was quite funny.

My hope is that we'll be getting a request for a sitting Pumbaa that allows a person to sit inside and use the front appendages. Maybe somebody is already on that... I need to check.

I don't know, it works for Ariel (being a non-mobile character) because she is so popular and has an entire area set aside for her. Without a special area, how do you give Pumbaa his "water and bug breaks"?

Hands-up who hates autograph books?
:wave:

:wave: I've never seen the value and having a sample of someone's signature. Big deal. On the other hand, having a photo of myself with a celebrity, now that shows I met them.

Oh if parents would only get the point that the most magical moments with characters happen when you don't have an autograph book. Rather than taking time to sign something, the character can spend time with your child...especially face characters.

RE: Tarzan: It's the coolest costume in WDW.

Literally, temperature wise; which means no Tarzan in the cold winter days and fights to be Tarzan in the summer. I always crack up when during the days when you need gloves and long underwear and coats, suddenly there are no naked girls about for the MGM 4:15 hat set(Jasmine, Pocahontas). However, there are suddenly lots more than usual furry friends about.

figmntal95

Big Al was chosen because he is the bear also featured in our attraction at the Magic Kingdom.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I know everything about the Country Bears, and I know that Big Al isnt the only M&G Country Bear in the Country Bears at MK.

Wendell and Terrence, who also do Meet and greets, are in it.

afr117

We saw Tarzan at the Halloween party in 2005, but since my daughter wasn't with us, we didn't get a picture. Now, having said that, I have never seen so many other moms in line for a picture with a character. I would guess he is rarely out since in addition to having a "limited" wardrobe, you also have to be a fairly buff (and quite confident about it) guy to be Tarzan. No holding in your gut possible for that guy.

Gorjus

Was he skiny or fat? If he was skinny it was liver lips.

I'm pretty sure he was fat. I'm sorry, I recognized it as a Country Bear but didn't look real close. What colors would he have been wearing? He was with Gideon, who isn't rare, but is rare where and when he was out. I remember thinking: "training day" because Aurora was also in a different secret unusual location doing a limited meet and greet that day with an assistant who was not a character attendant.

trendicoff

True a picture is a much better souvenir in my opinion, but what about the characters you can't meet? I know that I have tinkerbell's autograph even though you can't meet her anywhere.

Oh thank goodness she wasn't. One day, during the MGM 4:15 character set at the hat, a little girl asked Cruella: "Why don't you like the puppies?". Without missing a beat, Cruella said: "Oh, darling! I LOOOVE the puppies.....just not in the same way you do." I was glad not to be drinking out of my water bottle at the time. I would have spit it all out. It was quite funny.

I don't know, it works for Ariel (being a non-mobile character) because she is so popular and has an entire area set aside for her. Without a special area, how do you give Pumbaa his "water and bug breaks"?

:wave: I've never seen the value and having a sample of someone's signature. Big deal. On the other hand, having a photo of myself with a celebrity, now that shows I met them.

Oh if parents would only get the point that the most magical moments with characters happen when you don't have an autograph book. Rather than taking time to sign something, the character can spend time with your child...especially face characters.

Literally, temperature wise; which means no Tarzan in the cold winter days and fights to be Tarzan in the summer. I always crack up when during the days when you need gloves and long underwear and coats, suddenly there are no naked girls about for the MGM 4:15 hat set(Jasmine, Pocahontas). However, there are suddenly lots more than usual furry friends about.

Gorjus

True a picture is a much better souvenir in my opinion, but what about the characters you can't meet? I know that I have tinkerbell's autograph even though you can't meet her anywhere.

You can have a photo with Tinkerbell. OK, not now because the process has been suspended temporarily. But usually all you had to do is ask a photographer to do it. Also, you could see her in person in the Pirate and Princess party parade.

And Disnyfan89, Someone showed me a photo of Big Al in another post. It wasn't Big Al I saw. Care to post photos of the bears and I'll tell you who I saw?

WDWFigment

You can have a photo with Tinkerbell. OK, not now because the process has been suspended temporarily. But usually all you had to do is ask a photographer to do it. Also, you could see her in person in the Pirate and Princess party parade.

And Disnyfan89, Someone showed me a photo of Big Al in another post. It wasn't Big Al I saw. Care to post photos of the bears and I'll tell you who I saw?

Liverlips:
liverlipsphoto.jpg

Wendell:
wendellphoto.jpg

Let me know if you need any more to help out!

Gorjus

These photos look like they were taken in the same spot I saw them in yesterday: Toontown, near the smoking section by the railroad. I think it was Wendell I saw. I remember blue or yellow. Since this photo of Wendell has blue, I'm going with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom