minor Laugh Floor info

the-reason14

Im not trying to be to much of a pessimist, but I agree with imagineer boy, it doesnt look to cool for me. Yea, I know its a waiting room and looks similar to SGE, but couldnt they do a little more than that. And like someone else said, it doesnt seem like they even care about trying to explain its significance in tomorrorland.

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
I was happy with Everest. I was happy with Philharmagic.

Again, right up there with - Nemo the Musical being right NEXT to EE...:lookaroun
They go right from one to the other so wonderfully...:p

And talk about a que to Nemo - here a bush, there a bush...you get the idea!

I agree that the que should enhance the actual "attraction/show", but, why does it have to have a "description" of why it "fits" into Tomorrowland or any land for that matter? I know, I know...Big Thunder doesn't go on Main Street. I'm not talking that way, but we are talking about, well, Monsters, albeit, children's "made up" monsters. I don't know that this fits any better in Fantasyland than it does in TLand.

IMHO, it sounds like the show needs a bit of a tweak, but it's still brand new, and with any "live action" improv show will need work. I'm sure the Comedy Warehouse wasn't all that polished when it first opened. Heck, you can go to that show 5 times in a row and get HUGELY different results each of the 5 times - but that's what makes it fun. You never know what you'll get - laughing your sides off, or kinda well, OK that was a bit funny.

Ok, rambling here, but you get my drift - I hope, I mean, I dream - get it, Year of a Million Dreams. I know I know - :hurl:

csm

Must you complain about everything?

Look, annoying kid or not, he's right. It looks awful - like it was never even thought about and one day at the last minute someone said "Crap, we have to design a queue too!" and just threw it together with whatever they could find in the craft aisle of a local department store.

Buford

Look, annoying kid or not, he's right. It looks awful - like it was never even thought about and one day at the last minute someone said "Crap, we have to design a queue too!" and just threw it together with whatever they could find in the craft aisle of a local department store.

turn the "laugh floor" banner into an art contest........ :lookaroun

- or a KidCot funstop if this was Epcot. :D

I don't understand how so many negative opinions can be generated from 2 pictures. It looks like the hallways of a factory...which is where Monsters Inc took place.

In his post the OP says that you walk through a door as you enter a waiting area, complete with a red light....so obivously that is what it is doing in Tomorrowland. The monsters opened a door and that is where it opened up....so now they are taking advantage of the crowds to test our their new laugh theory.

wannab@dis

I don't know of any C/D ticket attractions that have E ticket queues. They just don't need the "immersive" queue. Even some of the classic E tickets don't have great queues... Jungle Cruise, Space Mtn, HM (prior to the stretching room -- "pre-show" and not a queue, tho)... Most of fantasyland (even IaSW), AE, TK have less than stellar queues. Why complain about MI? :veryconfu

The answer is simple... some are SEARCHING for any reason to nag about an attraction they have deemed a failure before it's opening. Oh well... their loss.

imagineer boy

I don't know of any C/D ticket attractions that have E ticket queues. They just don't need the "immersive" queue. Even some of the classic E tickets don't have great queues... Jungle Cruise, Space Mtn, HM (prior to the stretching room -- "pre-show" and not a queue, tho)... Most of fantasyland (even IaSW), AE, TK have less than stellar queues. Why complain about MI? :veryconfu

Those attractions ( excluding AE ) were built before Disney started themeing their queues. The Immersive queue fad started with The Indiana Jones adventure I believe...

wannab@dis

Those attractions ( excluding AE ) were built before Disney started themeing their queues. The Immersive queue fad started with The Indiana Jones adventure I believe...
Oh, so any attraction (classic or not) should be destroyed and replaced because they are sub-par?

Your logic never fails to amaze me... :rolleyes:

How do you explain PotC? :lookaroun

imagineer boy

Oh, so any attraction (classic or not) should be destroyed and replaced because they are sub-par?

Um, where did I say this? That's not what I meant in the post at all. This is absolutely rediculous. All I said was that attractions never meant to have themed queues until the bar was set later on. It would be nice if some of the older attractions could get their queues upgraded, but that's not happening. Should old movies be destroyed because their special effects aren't CGI? The bar wasn't set when those old movies were made. The bar wasn't set when some of those old attractions were built. Its forgivable.

Your logic never fails to amaze me... :rolleyes:

Perhaps if you read my posts thouroughly and not make preposterous accusations like the one above...

How do you explain PotC? :lookaroun

Apparently I've been proven wrong. I believe POTC's queue was in fact one of the first immersive queues. But POTC was built after the fantaseyland rides and the Haunted Mansion. Someone needs to brush up on their Disney history.

RSoxNo1

I'd like to go back to the first page of this post. Are guest images projected on the screen up front and the ridiculed (in the disney sense of the word)? Can someone explain this a little further?

CaptainMichael

Exhibit A: Philharmagic queue

(courtesy of MousePlanet.com.)
MPM_queue_details_bennett.jpg

(couresy wdwinfo.com)
PhilharMagicb_350.jpg

Absolutely stunning and immersive...........

Austin1

It's terrible!

I've got to be honest, ever since I heard of the concept to put Monsters Inc. into tomorrowland I have had bad feelings about it. These pics and other reviews seem to go right along with my fears. The truth: Monsters Inc Laugh floor comedy club is going to SUCK. It's just too bad we cant go back to the days of great ideas and exciting attractions.

LilDucky

So every ride built since 1995 should have immersive queues? :lookaroun

I guess the pooh ride was another that slipped through the cracks?

Primeval Whirl? :lookaroun

The official opening for AE was right after Indy opened.... that queue wasnt so immersive :lookaroun

The list probably doesnt stop there.

Epcot82Guy

Just looking at everything:

With the pictures and the description provided, it seems the story is that you enter through a Door into the Monsters' world. You are in Monstropolis where the testing chamber has been transformed into a stage. This seems to lack what some see as necessary creativity. Why that is an issue is that the theme was already quite tenuous, and people said to wait until it was finished to see how it fit in. "That Disney would make it work". The show itself had no relation. Now it seems the queue doesn't either, beyond a minimal suggestion that you are taking a Door to Monstropolis that, somehow, now has time travelling properties, too. The queue looks fine; it just doesn't make any more sense out of the attraction.

Of course not every attraction needs a hugely detailed or in-depth queue. However, I think many had more riding on this queue's theme due to the potential problems with its location already. It is more a confirmation than a complaint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom