minor Laugh Floor info

imagineer boy

Do you really think that? If it were not for "the growth of a small and vocal group of internet sites and forum dwellers that can only find fault" there would be nothing for you to post about :lol:

True, how boring would that be if we just went on and on about how great everything was?:lol: That's what the point of a forum is for. Debating certain issues and how they can be dealt with.

wannab@dis

True, how boring would that be if we just went on and on about how great everything was?:lol: That's what the point of a forum is for. Debating certain issues and how they can be dealt with.
According to you and some others... there's only "issues" because you rarely find anything positive about the parks. I would be more than willing to discuss short-comings if the discussions were more about what's good for the company instead of seemingly selfish motives.

Just look at The Land updates and the changes at The Seas. Many of the ones that complain incessantly or always are looking for faults fell all over themselves leading up to those rehabs and during the construction phases. I certainly remember "call to arms" and all the lemmings falling in line. Later, most were quiet because they were wrong and most would never admit it either. It happened again with the changes at the Seas. The complainers are FAR out-numbered by the many that enjoy the pavilions. I'm betting the same will be true for MI.

dxwwf3

According to you and some others... there's only "issues" because you rarely find anything positive about the parks. I would be more than willing to discuss short-comings if the discussions were more about what's good for the company instead of seemingly selfish motives.

That's a good point, but remember this is a discussion forum for the fans (and others for sure) and everyone has their own biases. And our main goal shouldn't have to be "to do whatever makes the company the most money". I do understand that it is important that people like you keep reminding us that sometimes Disney has to make business decisions that upset certain fans. And that THEY are doing what they think is best for the company because that's what they SHOULD be doing. But I still think that's it is more than ok for US to not always look to that as being the biggest objective in our our opinions and discussions.

Just look at The Land updates and the changes at The Seas. Many of the ones that complain incessantly or always are looking for faults fell all over themselves leading up to those rehabs and during the construction phases. I certainly remember "call to arms" and all the lemmings falling in line. Later, most were quiet because they were wrong and most would never admit it either. It happened again with the changes at the Seas. The complainers are FAR out-numbered by the many that enjoy the pavilions. I'm betting the same will be true for MI.

I don't see that at all. I was worried about The Land because of the previous track record to Epcot pavilion changes, especially the one right across from The Land. But Disney outdid themselves with The Land and brought a welcome freshness to the pavilion. And I think that a lot of people feel the same way, especially those that were worried about the rehab at the beginning. And I think MUCH more people welcomed the changes to TLS. Sure some didn't want Nemo in Future World and I think that is understandable, but I also think that in this case the character addition FITS the pavilion and it was very tastefully done. I can't wait to see it in person this summer. I expect to like what I see.

And as far as TLF goes, I don't think you've read my posts about it, but I was pleased with what I have heard so far on certain podcasts. And I expect this to be much more well received than SGE.

wannab@dis

That's a good point, but remember this is a discussion forum for the fans (and others for sure) and everyone has their own biases. And our main goal shouldn't have to be "to do whatever makes the company the most money". I do understand that it is important that people like you keep reminding us that sometimes Disney has to make business decisions that upset certain fans. And that THEY are doing what they think is best for the company because that's what they SHOULD be doing. But I still think that's it is more than ok for US to not always look to that as being the biggest objective in our our opinions and discussions.
How does that really make sense. If they do something without the company's best interest as a major goal, then the business is hurt. Do that very many times and it will fail. Clearly we all want to see the best attractions imagineered and built... we want to be super impressed with everything that is released. But, that just is not fiscally responsible. The longevity and future prosperity will actually end up better for the fans.

If they responsibly build the parks, the future for us is better. Bad fiscal decisions in the short term may be seen as wonderful by the fans, but the recovery will be slow and painful.

I don't see that at all. I was worried about The Land because of the previous track record to Epcot pavilion changes, especially the one right across from The Land. But Disney outdid themselves with The Land and brought a welcome freshness to the pavilion. And I think that a lot of people feel the same way, especially those that were worried about the rehab at the beginning. And I think MUCH more people welcomed the changes to TLS. Sure some didn't want Nemo in Future World and I think that is understandable, but I also think that in this case the character addition FITS the pavilion and it was very tastefully done. I can't wait to see it in person this summer. I expect to like what I see.

And as far as TLF goes, I don't think you've read my posts about it, but I was pleased with what I have heard so far on certain podcasts. And I expect this to be much more well received than SGE.

You reversed your opinion and have said so several times. You admitted the rehabs were good for the park. Many others still don't and some still complain (although much quieter now because it's no longer the fad...) :lol:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Figured that was the case... returning trolls are not that hard to spot. :wave:

Ah-ha.....
1.gif

"Who could it be now?"

dxwwf3

How does that really make sense. If they do something without the company's best interest as a major goal, then the business is hurt. Do that very many times and it will fail. Clearly we all want to see the best attractions imagineered and built... we want to be super impressed with everything that is released. But, that just is not fiscally responsible. The longevity and future prosperity will actually end up better for the fans.

If they responsibly build the parks, the future for us is better. Bad fiscal decisions in the short term may be seen as wonderful by the fans, but the recovery will be slow and painful.

Very good points. However when we are on a discussion forum and we're talking about our favorite attractions, it should be expected that this is on the front of our minds. It's good to be reminded though, for sure.

disneyfourme

Well shoot!! I was there last week and didn't see anything about them running tests with that attraction?! How did you find out about it? I won't be going back now until 2/08 and by then it will be old news!:cry:

tirian

No offense to anyone, but...

It's a screen-based show. It'll change in a few years. If you love it, great. If you don't, wait for the replacement. Calm down.

Everyone knows that the only shows that don't change often are in World Showcase. :animwink:

dxwwf3

Everyone knows that the only shows that don't change often are in World Showcase. :animwink:

O' Canada and Impressions de France are my two favorite things in World Showcase :sohappy:

I know they can't keep them there forever no matter how well made they are though.

Kontra

Saw it yesterday. It has potential. As soon as the cast become comfortable in thier roles, I think we will take to it better than Turtle Talk. In other news, I like ice cream!

Brewer

Just got back to a very cold & wet England. I was lucky enough to see the show that day too.

I didn't think it was that funny - but then again it is very much is a work in progress as outlined before the start of the show.

It was interesting to gauge the response from the imagineers as the show went on who were all stood at the back of the hall.

EpcotServo

Well, I got to attend a preview of the Laugh Floor, and I can firmly say you guys are freaking out over nothing, and those pictures don't do the queue and waiting area justice. The first room looks pretty much unchanged, except switchbacks were added, and themed banners up on the rafters. (My favorite was open "mike" night.) After passing through a wider version of the Monsters Inc. door, (neatly placed, with a mirror above it, making it look like the hall continues on) you find yourself in the Monsters Inc. company hallway, passing by a very neat window looking out to the monster world. There's tons of neat little details in this hallway. (Even though I took time to see the queue and waiting area, I still feel like I missed many details in the line.) If you get into a preview, be sure to stop and read the bulletin board near the theatre doors on you're way in. I spotted some really funny things on it! I really enjoyed the theatre too. It had the comedy club feel down. As for the actual show, It was good. But still needs alot of work on the animation. Once it looks as smooth as Turtle Talk, and the actors start getting settled down, it should be a great little show.

mrtoad

*that* looks pretty good to me. I found Turtle Talk to be a hidden gem of an attraction. Not all attractions are massive e-tickets and MI looks like a good, solid attraction from what I've seen.

I have to agree Turtle Talk is a wonderful attraction. I found it to be one of the most entertaining times we had.

May I point out that Pooh and Primeval Whirl are some of the most hated rides curretnly?

I was very against Pooh going in and dropping in on Toad's house as I love Toad and wish him back BUT that is not to say I don't think that Pooh is a good attraction for what it is. My daughter loves it and it as far as the Fantasyland dark rides go it is one of the better ones.

As far as the Laugh Floor goes, I don't think anybody can judge it on two photos. I think everybody needs to try for themselves and then make a judgement.

Lastly about the complaining. I have done my fair share and most likely will from time to time. I try not to complain about attractions as for the most part have been happy with what has been done at WDW with the exception of Journey Into Your Imagination (not because of what it replaced but because it is a snoozer for me) and the placement of the Carpets (just wish they were not in the middle clogging up the flow of traffic).

My complaints have geared around neglect which from what I have seen have taken a turn for the better the past few years and I believe will continue to follow the same path.

As far as attractions go, judge after you view and hopefully you will have a good time rather than let preconceived notions fog your preception.

P-3 FE

Remeber , it is still a work in progress. Hopefully, they will upgrade everything. It is obviously going to be a part of TL, so I say, stay positive. We will all see it at sometime!!!!

Happy Holidays!

Remember the Magic!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom