minor Laugh Floor info

LilDucky

And you know this for a fact? My location is Orlando, FL. How bout you?
I am not going to reveal my location to you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and you had given no indication that you had seen the attraction, in any of your posts. You had posted that you were basing your opinions on other people's pictures.

imagineer boy

Exhibit A: Philharmagic queue

(courtesy of MousePlanet.com.)
MPM_queue_details_bennett.jpg

(couresy wdwinfo.com)
PhilharMagicb_350.jpg

Absolutely stunning and immersive...........

It may not be the best queue, but atleast its not ugly. Its nice. Its not an eyesore. Its not spectacular like it could be but its nice to look at and gets the job done.

So every ride built since 1995 should have immersive queues? :lookaroun

I guess the pooh ride was another that slipped through the cracks?

Primeval Whirl? :lookaroun

May I point out that Pooh and Primeval Whirl are some of the most hated rides curretnly?

LilDucky

It may not be the best queue, but atleast its not ugly. Its nice. Its not an eyesore. Its not spectacular like it could be but its nice to look at and gets the job done.

May I point out that Pooh and Primeval Whirl are some of the most hated rides curretnly?
Pooh may be one of the most hated on this board... after all it did "kill Toad", which is still alive and well in DL. However.... I would venture to say that it is pretty well liked by a lot of people. Pooh and co are immensely popular. It would make sense that its ride isnt as hated as this board would love to think.

DDuckFan130

Pooh may be one of the most hated on this board... after all it did "kill Toad", which is still alive and well in DL. However.... I would venture to say that it is pretty well liked by a lot of people. Pooh and co are immensely popular. It would make sense that its ride isnt as hated as this board would love to think.
It's hated because of what it replaced. Even in the DL vs WDW thread, people say this one is much better than their version.

I would say it's popular since it's always hard to get on without a long wait or a FP.

LilDucky

It's hated because of what it replaced. Even in the DL vs WDW thread, people say this one is much better than their version.

I would say it's popular since it's always hard to get on without a long wait or a FP.
I havent read that thread, but yes, I did like WDW's version better than DL's. It feels longer, and it's bouncy :king:

or at least... I dont remember DL's version bouncing :lol:

CaptainMichael

Show me pictures of Indy or Tower of Terror or Journey to the Center of the Earth and you won't hear a single negative comment (shy of how long the plane ride took to get to the latter).

You're comparing apples and oranges here. The Laugh Floor is not intended to be compared to those.:brick:

Damien666

Ok now, to me the que line seems a bit "light" compared to other themed que lines. I think it just needs some more things added to it to look more decent.

I'm not gonna complain about not fitting in Tomorrowland anymore since that's been thrown out the window enough.

Am I impressed by the reports and pics I've seen? No, but I won't start saying "OMG! It will SUCK!" since I have not seen it yet. I will have to reserve judgment until I see it. (Quite frankly some other people on this board should as well.) If it surprises me and I like it then that will be nice, if not. Oh well, at least it didn't replace my favorite attraction of all time with the worst IMO.

To everyone giving out the reports, many thanks and keep them comming. :wave:

Victor

Yes, the queue does look a little barren, and yes it does fit well with the factory theme. However, you can't fault people for complaining about this. Maybe it was intentionally done this way...maybe not. We all know that Disney has been cutting corners left and right for the past few years, EE being an exception, and even that has it's minor faults. I understand the viewpoint that some are 'complaining for the sake of complaining', but I believe those who complain have the right to be wary. Ever since the JII debacle, we've had a series of letdowns. EE was a step in the right direction. Of course, not everything will please everyone, but there was a time when WDI could almost do no wrong. Right now there has been more bad than good. That's not me being a pessmist, I'm just calling it how I see it. And I don't blame the Imagineers, I blame the higher ups.

Maybe Monsters Inc. will be a nice addition, but we are a battered and bruised people. Dissapointed with rehab after rehab. Maybe John Lasseter will change things around, and WDI will get to put out the quality product it is capable of putting out. Until then, I believe we the paying visitor, have every right to crtiticize and complain.

That's just my opinion of course...

imagineer boy

Yes, the queue does look a little barren, and yes it does fit well with the factory theme. However, you can't fault people for complaining about this. Maybe it was intentionally done this way...maybe not. We all know that Disney has been cutting corners left and right for the past few years, EE being an exception, and even that has it's minor faults. I understand the viewpoint that some are 'complaining for the sake of complaining', but I believe those who complain have the right to be wary. Ever since the JII debacle, we've had a series of letdowns. EE was a step in the right direction. Of course, not everything will please everyone, but there was a time when WDI could almost do no wrong. Right now there has been more bad than good. That's not me being a pessmist, I'm just calling it how I see it. And I don't blame the Imagineers, I blame the higher ups.

Maybe Monsters Inc. will be a nice addition, but we are a battered and bruised people. Dissapointed with rehab after rehab. Maybe John Lasseter will change things around, and WDI will get to put out the quality product it is capable of putting out. Until then, I believe we the paying visitor, have every right to crtiticize and complain.

Well said! I applaud you my friend!:sohappy:

Epcot82Guy

Well stated. The last time I checked, Discussion often included debate and constant reaffirmation of your ideas. People enjoy different things at Disney. There were things I found amazing about the attention to detail in themeing and approach. Careful placement and use of characters and themes. WDW felt like a very different place to many people. Some like that; some don't. However, we are all paying customers. This argument that people "constantly complain" and "can't find anything good" is entirely baseless. If people thought Disney as a whole couldn't do anything right, I will firmly say that it is not possible for them to have developed enough loyalty to come to a forum like this. Just because some follow with baited breath at every move (and please not I am not saying that in a negative way. I could easily say the blind rejoicing is just as annoying as any skepticism, but I don't believe that. There is a place for both. And, both sides have done it. Wannab@, I seem to remember some pretty strong words against a renovation of IMAG into a new version of the classic version. Let he who cast the first stone...). Everyone pays a lot and should, therefore, get that magic they are anticipating. To some of us, we are quickly losing what made Disney magical. MI invading a place that doesn't feel right does not supply us with magic. I am happy for those of you that find that magical. If the masses speak, it is my decision to not go. But, I will be ____ed if I will stand here and be told that I cannot debate my topic. If this is a blindly follow and hope board, perhaps I mistook the premise. Last time I checked, we were here to voice our opinions and maybe get a better perspective on each other's ideas and experiences in hopes of learning something. There will be disagreement. It is a fact of change. But, the key to life is understanding the sides and appreciating the sides. Again, as I have asked so many times, for those "complainers", look a little deeper and realize that there may be something more. A great loss that you luckily are not experiencing. But try... just try... to realize how passionate one might be to see one's own version of the magic slowly chip away.

OK. Sorry for the rant. It can just get frustrating for these personal attacks. If you want to base an opinion on perceptions and well-reasoned statements, please do so. If you want to tell people to like things they don't or to boycott attractions, please go elsewhere. It's entertainment, people. That means look for and experience what you enjoy. Plain and simple. Thanks for reading! :wave:

dxwwf3

Well stated. The last time I checked, Discussion often included debate and constant reaffirmation of your ideas. People enjoy different things at Disney. There were things I found amazing about the attention to detail in themeing and approach. Careful placement and use of characters and themes. WDW felt like a very different place to many people. Some like that; some don't. However, we are all paying customers. This argument that people "constantly complain" and "can't find anything good" is entirely baseless. If people thought Disney as a whole couldn't do anything right, I will firmly say that it is not possible for them to have developed enough loyalty to come to a forum like this. Just because some follow with baited breath at every move (and please not I am not saying that in a negative way. I could easily say the blind rejoicing is just as annoying as any skepticism, but I don't believe that. There is a place for both. And, both sides have done it. Wannab@, I seem to remember some pretty strong words against a renovation of IMAG into a new version of the classic version. Let he who cast the first stone...). Everyone pays a lot and should, therefore, get that magic they are anticipating. To some of us, we are quickly losing what made Disney magical. MI invading a place that doesn't feel right does not supply us with magic. I am happy for those of you that find that magical. If the masses speak, it is my decision to not go. But, I will be ____ed if I will stand here and be told that I cannot debate my topic. If this is a blindly follow and hope board, perhaps I mistook the premise. Last time I checked, we were here to voice our opinions and maybe get a better perspective on each other's ideas and experiences in hopes of learning something. There will be disagreement. It is a fact of change. But, the key to life is understanding the sides and appreciating the sides.

I couldn't agree more. Well said.

csm

You're comparing apples and oranges here. The Laugh Floor is not intended to be compared to those.:brick:

Ok - try and follow along here:

I *WAS NOT* comparing Laugh Floor to any of the above listed attractions. The point was I will cite the good with the bad, in response to comments that people "just complain about everything."

The one thing that we both agree on is you smacking your head into a wall :wave:

wannab@dis

The metrics just don't support that point of view. The parks are continually seeing better revenues and guest numbers so apparently people are enjoying the offerings of the parks. Many of the attractions that have been changed are seeing massive resurgence of popularity. Most, if not all, of the new attractions have been embraced by the guests.

With the possible exception of SGE and maybe M:S (and I'm far from convinced the overall sentiment of the general guests concerning these attractions comes near the ultra-negative response of a few forum posters), I just haven't seen "disappointment (sic) with rehab after rehab." I've only seen that reaction in the extremely small segment of a few fanboys on the internet. The majority of guests appreciate and enjoy the attraction rehabs and additions of the past several years.

I personally think the only "letdown" over the past few years has been the growth of a small and vocal group of internet sites and forum dwellers that can only find fault. That's just my opinion...

wannab@dis

Ok - try and follow along here:

I *WAS NOT* comparing Laugh Floor to any of the above listed attractions. The point was I will cite the good with the bad, in response to comments that people "just complain about everything."

The one thing that we both agree on is you smacking your head into a wall :wave:
I have a feeling you won't be around these parts for long...

nibblesandbits

You know what I think is funny...there are plenty of rides at Disney that I don't find entertaining...but do you hear me complain about them on a regular basis? No.

I find LMA to be one of the most boring attractions of recent built. Country Bear Jamboree was a snooze fest the last time I went on it. If I missed riding the Jungle Cruise, it wouldn't be the worst thing. TOT makes me sick to my stomach...I absoutely hate it. FOLK...I thought it was alright...but not nearly as good as many of you make it out to be (although this could be due to the fact the my DH was sick as a dog when we went on it and just wanted to leave.)

My point is...there will always be something that Disney does that you don't like. As you can see...there's plenty that I don't particularly enjoy...but I don't complain about how they should be changed all the time. I get the same thing with my job. People are just never satisfied nowadays and it's really sad.

We all have to keep in mind that we aren't always going to love everything that Disney does...but also keep in mind...there's going to be someone who absolutely loves the attraction. So while it may not appeal to you...it will appeal to someone.

hauntdmansion79

I agree with people who are disappointed in the Laugh Floor queue area. You can’t blame us for enjoying a good detailed queue area. It adds so much to the feel and mood of the attraction and it helps start the fun and entertainment before the actual attraction begins. We aren’t saying it should be as detailed as the Tower of Terror or Pirates, but perhaps along the lines of Muppets 3D or Star Tours. I think adding some office doors that have sound effects behind them (making it sound like monsters working behind there) and a greater variety and larger amount of pictures on the walls. Plus lighting and sound, and good content on the video screens would help. But many of us haven’t been yet and perhaps they will add a few more touches before opening.

It is suggested that attractions that are created in the theater setting, with screens and CGI are less expensive to build and maintain than a ride-system based attraction. If that is the case, I guess I would like to see some of the saved money going into the décor of both the theater AND the queue. The queue is the first place you see and if Disney wants visitors to give a good response to the attraction, the first impression is paramount.

I agree with some previous posts, in that the reason we have become somewhat of a skeptical crowd is due to a string of disappointing new attractions and renovations. Some of you may not agree with our disappointment. There are people who are eternal optimists, and I am glad there are those types of people out there. There are also eternal pessimists or doubters. Both can be found here on the forums and like posted above, both can be annoying (people LOVING everything new and people verbally BASHING everything new). But I guess we just are slowly loosing hope that one day an attraction will open and we’ll walk in and the queue will be great, the attraction will be great, and the old Disney magic will be there. Everest was by far the closest thing we’ve had to this, but IMHO it still lacked some incredibly important features…but that’s for another time.

Patchman

It looks okay but not one of the best queues. I will just wait until my next trip to check it out. Hey at least its a new attraction. Even though timekeeper will be missed.

dxwwf3

With the possible exception of SGE and maybe M:S (and I'm far from convinced the overall sentiment of the general guests concerning these attractions comes near the ultra-negative response of a few forum posters), I just haven't seen "disappointment (sic) with rehab after rehab." I've only seen that reaction in the extremely small segment of a few fanboys on the internet. The majority of guests appreciate and enjoy the attraction rehabs and additions of the past several years.

Let's be realistic, the public and internet perception is much different for M:S than it is for SGE. I think the reaction for M:S has been far from ultra-negative in public and especially on the internet. Sure some didn't care for it, but that's ok. The addition of the Green Side opened up the attraction to more people and still delivers a great experience.

I personally think the only "letdown" over the past few years has been the growth of a small and vocal group of internet sites and forum dwellers that can only find fault. That's just my opinion...

Do you really think that? If it were not for "the growth of a small and vocal group of internet sites and forum dwellers that can only find fault" there would be nothing for you to post about :lol:

Victor

The metrics just don't support that point of view. The parks are continually seeing better revenues and guest numbers so apparently people are enjoying the offerings of the parks. Many of the attractions that have been changed are seeing massive resurgence of popularity. Most, if not all, of the new attractions have been embraced by the guests.

First of all an increase in revenue also has to do with raised prices and the drop in attendance after 9/11. While I do agree, that most average guests enjoy a lot of the stuff, I'm willing to bet that the frequent visitor (such as FL residents, etc.) does notice the changes, and does sometimes have a problem with it. It's the frequent visitors who have emraced the place like a home, who tend to find fault. Not just 'fanboys'.

There is a reason for this 'growth'. Disney's California Adventure, Disney Studios Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland...just a few examples of 'letdowns'. How can you not find fault in glaring cost cutting? Are fans expected to just ignore the bad and praise the good? Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of good that has been done, and I'll be the first to sing praises when I see something good. That being said, Disney set a standard. Many of us know what the company is capable of, and when we are given not only medicore attractions, but mediocre theme parks, that is cause for alarm. Maybe the majority of guests don't see it, but some of us do, and that is why we come here, to discuss both the good and the bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom