minor Laugh Floor info

pfeigelm

Original Poster
Last Friday at 5PM, I was part of the test audience for the Laugh Floor. If anyone reading this attended, you might remember me as the guy they kept flashing up on the screen (aka picking on). For example, Mike's nephew says "Next Halloween I'll have a great costume. I'm going as that guy!" And Bango! There I am on the left screen. I think they got me 4 times. The motif of the waiting area is factory-hallway-in-transition. There were bulletin boards and office doors for things like Inhuman Resources. Also a very short door for Mike's office.

IMHO, Regardless of how funny the show is (Not very at the moment) or how cool the tech is (Ditto), adding audience participation is a good trend as it makes every show unique.

Anyway, here are links to 2 very uninformative pics of the waiting room.

http://www.mymultivac.com/monsters2.jpg

http://www.mymultivac.com/monsters3.jpg

imagineer boy

The waiting room looks terrible! And still judging by these previews it looks like they're making no effort to integrate this ride into Tomorrowland. They could atleast have tried.

Looks like they are trying to make it look like the corporate hallways in the movie...

And by corporate, I mean drab and boring, which is how the movie was as well...(not the movie itself, I mean the scenery during the "hallway" scenes)...

Hopefully I'll get to see for myself...I'll be there this weekend!!

pfeigelm

Original Poster
Yes, corporate. That is exactly the right word.

More useless info...
Before getting to the waiting hall, there was a doorway you first walk thru with an open closet door mounted in the teleport thingy, red light on top and all. But overall, the waiting area is not a warm and fuzzy feeling place. Too flourescent. The comedy club room has a warmer feel. All the action is in front (3 screens and a large scream/laugh collector). The sides and back of the former circle-vision screen are unused. Although the back had something like Scare Floor Testing Facility in a large unfriendly font. Scare was covered with a scrawled Comedy and Testing replaced with Laugh, or words very similar.

SIR90210

Bleagh. Honestly, I haven't been too passionate about this Save Disney stuff, but what they did with the holding area left me credtfallen and, frankkly, a little disgusted that they threw it away like that.

CaptainMichael

The waiting room looks terrible! And still judging by these previews it looks like they're making no effort to integrate this ride into Tomorrowland. They could atleast have tried.

WOW! What a surprise:rolleyes:

It's a waiting room....pretty much identical to the one across the street. It does the job.

starwood

I think it looks nice! Reminds me a kittke of Timekeeper. Example, the poster of 9 eye is where the Monster of comedy fame is.

wannab@dis

Thanks for the pics! :wave:

I think it looks nice! Reminds me a kittke of Timekeeper. Example, the poster of 9 eye is where the Monster of comedy fame is.
Exactly. Interesting how some bemoan Timekeeper being gone (and didn't complain about its queue) yet complain about an improved queue for MI. :veryconfu

Expo_Seeker40

I agree wannab...and what is also funny is that the queue has a bit of old school tomorrowland structure and color scheme to it, and yet that doesn't even please people! :hammer:

While the queue was nice for timekeeper for whatever reason, it had to change to meet the designs for monsters inc.

imagineer boy

I agree wannab...and what is also funny is that the queue has a bit of old school tomorrowland structure and color scheme to it, and yet that doesn't even please people! :hammer:

Really? All I see are drab walls and a plain cieling with a couple of TVs. Doesn't look very Tomorrowland-ish to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom