Mini Lucas-Land?

WDW1974

In limbo meaning we don't know where it's going.

It's safe to assume he didn't leave it all to one person, meaning that his block of shares will be broken up and distributed according to the terns of his estate.

That would leave Eisner as the largest shareholder.
I wonder if he's gonna want a seat on the board...

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions at this point.

But it is safe to say Jobs stock isn't all going to one person (and he has had a very unusual relationship with his first daughter starting with not wanting to admit paternity).

I'd like to know where you got confirm of the Eisner bit (in private). But I find it amusing more than all else.

Well, that and the BoD apparently has very little love for Iger and his protector is now deceased. THAT was a surprise.

~GFC~

RandySavage

It's safe to assume he didn't leave it all to one person, meaning that his block of shares will be broken up and distributed according to the terns of his estate.

Under normal circumstances, wouldn't most/all of Jobs' assets pass to his surviving spouse lest the estate taxes kick in and take enormous chunks out of it. Jobs owned such a big piece of Disney that even if his stake was broken up to several beneficiary trusts, any of them could likely still have more equity than Eisner (which I find surprising since Disney's board paid Eisner (& Iger) so excessively in stock/options).

Maybe Mrs. Jobs is a secret Disney parks fan and wants to throw her new-found weight around...

jt04

Wouldn't that be a bit like President Clinton running for Mayor of Hope, Arkansas? I just don't see the upside for Eisner. But, who knows? I just don't see him repeating himself at Disney.

I will tell you the underserved market he would be perfect for IMO. Someone needs to start a movie studio that can bring together some visionary film makers who know what mainstream America wants. Because Hollywood elites are out of touch. And Eisner always seemed to me to be able to better understand the wider audience than his show biz counterparts in the movie industry. He also seems to know how to put a team together and produce a decent product most of the time. That seems to be increasingly rare unfortunately.

*sorry for the thread drift* :lol:

FigmentJedi

I will tell you the underserved market he would be perfect for IMO. Someone needs to start a movie studio that can bring together some visionary film makers who know what mainstream America wants. Because Hollywood elites are out of touch. And Eisner always seemed to me to be able to better understand the wider audience than his show biz counterparts in the movie industry. He also seems to know how to put a team together and produce a decent product most of the time. That seems to be increasingly rare unfortunately.

Eisner hasn't done anything successful since he left Disney. Nobody wanted in on his talk-show, Glenn Martin DDS is just godawful and that whole Topps Card movies thing never went anywhere.

As for the possibility of him coming back to Disney...
[YOUTUBE]31g0YE61PLQ[/YOUTUBE]

jt04

That is why I specified movies. He could use his name recognition to promote some good independent film makers who have the ability to make mainstream films. There is so much garbage out there that any quality story telling involving uplifting themes should easily stand out from the crowd. Then you have a brand and a studio and skies the limit.

FigmentJedi

That is why I specified movies. He could use his name recognition to promote some good independent film makers who have the ability to make mainstream films. There is so much garbage out there that any quality story telling involving uplifting themes should easily stand out from the crowd. Then you have a brand and a studio and skies the limit.

You mean his name recognition as a hated executive that helped all but kill 2D animation and greenlit Chicken Little and butt of several Family Guy jokes?

There is an Eisner that one can associate with quality, but his name sure as hell isn't Michael.

jt04

You mean his name recognition as a hated executive that helped all but kill 2D animation and greenlit Chicken Little and butt of several Family Guy jokes?

Family Guy? Really? The writers of such shows are responsible for lowering the bar to the point they have almost killed an industry. Chicken Little is great art by comparisson.

And I know I have just dared to question the quality of what is considered by a segment of our population to be a cultural icon. But if we look at the current trends outside of a haze (I know that is asking a lot), then it is obvious we are being fed mind numbing pablum.

Must everything these days have all the character and flavor of tap water.

Lee

Adventurer
I'd like to know where you got confirm of the Eisner bit (in private).
*whispers*
Dude...I googled it.

:D

Under normal circumstances, wouldn't most/all of Jobs' assets pass to his surviving spouse lest the estate taxes kick in and take enormous chunks out of it. Jobs owned such a big piece of Disney that even if his stake was broken up to several beneficiary trusts, any of them could likely still have more equity than Eisner (which I find surprising since Disney's board paid Eisner (& Iger) so excessively in stock/options).

Maybe Mrs. Jobs is a secret Disney parks fan and wants to throw her new-found weight around...
Jobs had roughly four times the shares of Eisner, so yeah...depending on how it's broken up in the estate Eisner may still be number two.

The stock Jobs held was worth billions, so there is no question that the estate tax would be a factor in how much could go to his wife.

It's all just speculation...but also very interesting.

FigmentJedi

Family Guy? Really? The writers of such shows are responsible for lowering the bar to the point they have almost killed an industry. Chicken Little is great art by comparisson.

And I know I have just dared to question the quality of what is considered by a segment of our population to be a cultural icon. But if we look at the current trends outside of a haze (I know that is asking a lot), then it is obvious we are being fed mind numbing pablum.

Must everything these days have all the character and flavor of tap water.
They're pretty much the same.

The point is, Michael Eisner is generally villified as Animation History's Greatest Monster and is a perfect example of the executives responsible for how crappy Hollywood is today that are responsible for the absolute drivel you describe.

AEfx

They're pretty much the same.

The point is, Michael Eisner is generally villified as Animation History's Greatest Monster and is a perfect example of the executives responsible for how crappy Hollywood is today that are responsible for the absolute drivel you describe.

Yeah, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast...he really screwed up those films under his watch, didn't he!

FigmentJedi

Yeah, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast...he really screwed up those films under his watch, didn't he!
All made when Frank Wells was alive, Katzenberg was relatively sane, and Eisner was on a leash. When those factors went away, Eisner went into decline. Not to mention if it weren't for Roy's interference, Eisner would have gotten rid of the animation studio in the 80s.

I was thinking more like masterpieces like Hunchback of Notre Dame 2, The Lizzie McGuire Movie, Home on the Range, or classic theme park rides like the Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management, Journey Into Your Imagination or Dino-Rama

bhg469

Corrus, I forgot what he changed his name to after, used to respect Eisner and seemed to have an opinion that Jobs was responsible for some of the parks decline. While I wasn't a fan of his posts I really respected his opinion. I don't know which was worse for the parks. Since I am not a fan of the movies or a lot of products that disney puts out, I have to only give my opinion that less pixar= a happier me.

I guess I don't have much of a point but all I know is most of my favorite attractions having nothing to do with movies. The only one that has gotten attention is Haunted mansion. Lucas land is the only thing I can imagine that would be something I would look forward to as far as expanding. Other than that I want more gutting and re imagining.

Imagination
Great movie ride
UOE
Wonders of life
Backlot tour

All of them pretty much sitting there, with infinite room for improvement.

I would love for the next CEO to address this.

ChrisM

Under normal circumstances, wouldn't most/all of Jobs' assets pass to his surviving spouse lest the estate taxes kick in and take enormous chunks out of it.

This is far and away the most likely outcome.

Anyone speculating otherwise is simply churning sausage or hoping for a specific outcome and how that would influence other interests.

c-one

I'm curious how much influence Jobs actually had. I know he held huge numbers of shares...but for the last ten years it seems like he's thought about literally nothing but Apple products and his health. I mean, this is a guy who had a closet full of the exact same outfit so even THAT decision wouldn't get in his way everyday. :lol: I just can't imagine him taking the time to give much input on the state of Disney films and parks...

c-one

Oh and back on the original topic... If we're talking an actual Lucasland, not Star Wars-land, it absolutely HAS TO have a Labyrinth attraction.

david-bowie-1381.jpg

AEfx

Oh and back on the original topic... If we're talking an actual Lucasland, not Star Wars-land, it absolutely HAS TO have a Labyrinth attraction.

david-bowie-1381.jpg

As much as I would love it (now THAT is a Walk-Through I'd love), I don't think it would ever see the light of day. But it would be a nice attraction to bridge Lucas-land and Muppet Land. :)

That said, my preference is for a Star Wars land, just because there is a bit more variety than Indy (which, really, is the only other property that would be a part of Lucas-land, as I don't see us having an American Graffiti attraction, LOL).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom