Mine Ride Construction Update

Cesar R M

What sneezy and dopey do on their own time at night, in the dark is their business;)

bNUTWjw.jpg

Screenshot_2014-04-25-21-20-42_zpsir8n0cys.png

Seen this on Instagram. Appears to be part of the interactive queue!
Heres a video shot in 3d to show off the new area without the walls . Heres one for those who have 3d tvs/displays Enjoy!

a lot of thanks for the updates guys!

yensidtlaw1969

I'm surprised (pleasantly?) to see how deeply wooded the area around the Cottage appears to be. From the photos, it looks almost as if you wouldn't be able to tell it was there if you were just walking by and didn't already know. Is this how it seems in person, or is it just a trick of the photos?

DrewmanS

Must be for a final safety sign off...
I assume you are correct. Tests of the safety envelope would have happened long ago for major structural elements. In the last few weeks, pictures have shown the installation of railings, additional landscaping and some concrete. After all work is done, a final check would be required to verify nothing has violated the safety envelope.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
such that I think it will be a fantastic wel done show scene and Disney wants to wow people with it or it is just so minimal that they don't see the point in mentioning it.

Its sad that with Disneys track record as of late we have to consider that (bolded) as a possibility.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yep. There's a lot of criticize TDO for regarding these days, but theming for the 7DMT -- and NFL in general -- has been very good. Let's just hope the show scenes on the ride are just as detailed.
You cannot credit TDO with any of this at all. All of it comes from WDI in Glendale.

TDO is responsible for it's upkeep after WDI turns it over to them. That is where people have been critical.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I just got back yesterday. Glad to see the walls around the entrance are down but the row of rolling foliage is still up, I see. Got a different story from each CM I asked about when the ride would open. One said soon and that a press event would happen next (now this) week, that just the day before (Tuesday) actors were riding to film a commercial and it would open in a few weeks. We overheard another say the walls would come down in a day or two (this was last Wednesday evening). The third said the ride wouldn't open for another month or two, to which I responded "but you've sent out the press package, which by the way is cool, and the ride is listed on the attractions for MK" to which I got a blank (and probably panicked) look. However, one train was running - it is VERY quiet - and a maintenance man was working on something in a large box. But we got a fantastic look at the inside and I was disappointed no soft opening last week while we were at the park. I cannot imagine if there were "safety" issues that Disney would hire actors and allow them to ride in order to film a commercial. I think the obfuscation is due to the intense interest in the ride - the night we watched the train, there must have been 30 others watching also. Just a train going around the tracks.

We are back in May for Star Wars weekend and I am hoping it is open by then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom