Mine Ride Construction Update

PrincessNelly_NJ

What are CMs saying at this point? I feel like given this development, end of May isn't a valid answer, unless they plan of paying people to stand in front of the entrance for a month...
Honestly, I've heard multiple stories from CMs, just like everyone else. I did see a CM post on twitter that the ride won't be open til late May and that it will not be fully functional for the Media Previews. So who knows...

TestTrack Dummy

Not sure if this is 100% true.When I was there on the 22nd I saw what looked like a higher up assisting Doopey off the tracks after a photo shoot on the bridge. I shouted if it would soft open soon but he said no. I then asked about it opening after the media day and he told me it's scheduled for June.

KevinYee

My video was current, yes (taken on Saturday) - the envelope vehicle was out for some reason. It was being winched up to the next tunnel by about 8 workers; I can only surmise that a single car like that "valleyed" on that spot as it didn't have enough weight/potential energy to make it up that last hill. Just a guess, though. The process took almost half an hour just for that part.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
My video was current, yes (taken on Saturday) - the envelope vehicle was out for some reason. It was being winched up to the next tunnel by about 8 workers; I can only surmise that a single car like that "valleyed" on that spot as it didn't have enough weight/potential energy to make it up that last hill. Just a guess, though. The process took almost half an hour just for that part.

I believe it's normal to use a winch to move the car while doing the envelope testing. This allows them to observe exactly where things are hitting the jig.

PrincessNelly_NJ

BmUDco1IEAAtL9P.jpg:large

cast members riding! Photo from theme park review

twebber55

This Perticular Spot would make a great Photo Opp for the park to capitalize on. They have it on Tower of Terror, Rock N Rollercoaster, Splash and some others . this very spot would be awesome as a souvineir for Guests. Just a thought
i bet thats where the camera is since people seem to know to wave

Rob562

i bet thats where the camera is since people seem to know to wave

...or they're waving at the Guests standing at the fence with cameras...

Oh, and the talk about limiting the swinging motion on the cars, if you look on the bottom of the seating area, you can see small side wheels facing outward. Presumably in the places where they don't want the cars to swing (Load and Unload, for example) the platforms will have a rial on either side to "trap" the car and hold it in a steady position.

And if they want to keep the cars from rocking elsewhere (like a lifthill), they would just have to install rails in those locations.

-Rob

MerlinTheGoat

Didn't that "insider" also later backtrack and say all he saw were the animals and not the dwarfs and that he was making assumptions based on how "good" those looked? Also while these figures are unquestionably much better than expected, their motion is still not as good as Ursula as he also was claiming. The projected faces adds some nice articulation to the heads, but the rest of the bodies aren't exactly cutting edge. They certainly are actual animatronics and look quite good, but there have been better figures in the past. And how well animated the figures are varies from dwarf to dwarf. Doc is the most impressive one with the best motion but the rest don't have as much movement. We'll see what they did for Snow White.

Mawg

Didn't that "insider" also later backtrack and say all he saw were the animals and not the dwarfs and that he was making assumptions based on how "good" those looked? Also while these figures are unquestionably much better than expected, their motion is still not as good as Ursula as he also was claiming. The projected faces adds some nice articulation to the heads, but the rest of the bodies aren't exactly cutting edge. They certainly are actual animatronics and look quite good, but there have been better figures in the past. And how well animated the figures are varies from dwarf to dwarf. Doc is the most impressive one with the best motion but the rest don't have as much movement. We'll see what they did for Snow White.
yes, he definitely got carried away. But, he was right in a sense to expect something better than we were all expecting. We all want the project we are currently working on to be the best thing out there and want others to think it too, often times our judgment of what we are working on is impaired by our pride in our work. I think this guy got carried away with his pride and made some assumptions that may be close to the truth but also exaggerated. Either way he still went postal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom