Mine Ride Construction Update

cutetrill

Looking at the POV ride video Disney posted a while ago, I don't see a Grumpy figure pulling on a rope. So maybe there is more around that corner turn or that AA is part of the cottage scene? Though I think that one's unlikely.

doctornick

Looking at the POV ride video Disney posted a while ago, I don't see a Grumpy figure pulling on a rope. So maybe there is more around that corner turn or that AA is part of the cottage scene? Though I think that one's unlikely.

I'm under the assumption that we will see 1 of each dwarf in the mine scene (i.e. 7 figures total). So there are certainly more to be revealed that aren't in the video. I don't think we'll have repeats of the dwarfs (i.e. multiple scenes).

I would guess the cottage scene will also have all of the dwarfs and Snow White plus maybe some animals (and maybe the Evil Queen outside?).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anyone have any idea where the beginning of the queue will be located?

Facing Pooh just after the new castle wall. You can see the beginning of the twisting path for the queue in this picture.

i-crz2jfqL-L.jpg

BrianLo

The new Dwarfs would have looked just as good in Snow White's Scary Adventure.... and taken much less time to install

I think this essentially was the plan for Anaheim for the 60th. Update all their fantasyland classics with these types of figures. As you said, not much time at all and all of those rides will be really plussed.

I really like them, Buzz to me is not on the same level, I think perhaps the room he is in is too bright for it to work as well (not to mention the clear improvements in projection mapping.

SpectroMan93

A picture posted by disneylifestylers on Instagram shows those planters on wheels things have been placed in front of a section of walls in front of the attraction!
Technical rehearsals/soft openings should be very soon then, maybe even this weekend soon. Strange, usually Disney does this when crowds are lighter. The week of Easter is a helluva time to do softs.

Sped2424

The new Dwarfs would have looked just as good in Snow White's Scary Adventure.... and taken much less time to install
If you love those dwarves the updates that are supposed to be coming to Anaheim's classic Dark rides are going to put the rest of the world to shame. I am assuming many of the rides shall get something along theses lines.

ght

Not to go on too much of a tangent, but does anyone know the time period the rumored updates at Disneyland are supposed to happen? It would be good to know for planning future trips which rides might possibly be down.

As far as these, they look very nice. Are they the most complex figures? No, but they are perfect for their purpose and better than some of the rumors (static figures, cutouts, only a couple of inches of motion, etc.)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not to go on too much of a tangent, but does anyone know the time period the rumored updates at Disneyland are supposed to happen? It would be good to know for planning future trips which rides might possibly be down.
I think micechat has been talking about it for over a year so who knows.
As far as these, they look very nice. Are they the most complex figures? No, but they are perfect for their purpose and better than some of the rumors (static figures, cutouts, only a couple of inches of motion, etc.)
Exactly.

Rob562

A 50th anniversary surprise
In tandem with Disneyland's 50th anniversary (which was celebrated in one form or another from 2004 through 2006), the Haunted Mansion was given a number of new special effects. One amazing feat that Walt Disney Imagineering accomplished was to give even more life to Madame Leota by causing her crystal ball to levitate and fly around the table it had previously only set upon. Practical technology to create a mechanical means to synchronize a projection with the "flying" crystal ball didn't exist until recently - but with the advent of brilliant, high-definition video projection technology, a solution was designed. The entire field of space which contains the path that the floating crystal ball follows has become a virtual "screen" for the high definition projection. A computer has the predefined path that the ball will follow programmed into its memory, and the face of Leota (still the original, inimitable Leota Toombs) follows that path, much like a bouncing ball on a computer screensaver.

and there it is... my bad, i was thinking the projector moved, nope just the globe the projector covers the entire area that the globe moves in.

credit to doombuggies.com for the source material, BTW

Floating Leota in Disneyland is an external projector. She's internal in WDW, which actually gives her a much higher resolution image. The external projector is projecting its image across the entire space where the head moves. So the face is only showing one part of the overall projected image. The internal projection is limited to just the surface, so it has a much higher overall resolution.

-Rob

iheartdisney91

Does anyone remember the date this specific project officially started? I feel like it's been forever. I'm so happy to see it finally coming together! I'm in love with it all so far!

However, if the mine isn't covered with beautiful diamonds I'll be upset

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom