Mine Ride Construction Update

glidden

Hello was in the park the last few days and was watching them do clearance testing. Many of the railings and supports are having to be moved plus rock work has been redone in areas. In two days they only were able to move the clearance rig about 200'. I was told not to expect a soft opening to the public because of the work needed to be done by a cast member who helped design the project

alissafalco

Hello was in the park the last few days and was watching them do clearance testing. Many of the railings and supports are having to be moved plus rock work has been redone in areas. In two days they only were able to move the clearance rig about 200'. I was told not to expect a soft opening to the public because of the work needed to be done by a cast member who helped design the project
It sounds like they are going to push back the May 2nd opening date.

Mike C

If the mine train gets delayed more it'll be interesting. Over at Uni, there's word that team members start at Gringott's over at Diagon Alley the first week of May, with a possible team member preview by the end of May, with soft openings for that soon after.

Can we go yet?

images

dlr55

I've been perusing this board for months, and the rumors just get wilder.

How can you be angry a May 2 opening may be delayed when that date is rumor? The only thing Disney has committed to is a media preview, which is not strictly for SDMT, and happens every spring. There is nothing preventing them from allowing media, and then still not preview or open for weeks. Has it occurred to anyone that construction and testing have been delayed from the start, and they just don't know when they're really going to be ready.

There is no formula for soft opens, there is no way to predict them. They could be planned for days and not happen due to ride/show/cast/Imagineering/safety/building code issues. Soft opens happen to test in a controlled, commitment-free environment, or when a ride is done before it's announced opening date.

No doubt they must be getting close, and I'm just as excited as everyone, but some of these people need to check their facts.

Mawg

How can you be angry a May 2 opening may be delayed when that date is rumor? The only thing Disney has committed to is a media preview, which is not strictly for SDMT, and happens every spring. There is nothing preventing them from allowing media, and then still not preview or open for weeks. Has it occurred to anyone that construction and testing have been delayed from the start, and they just don't know when they're really going to be ready.

There is no formula for soft opens, there is no way to predict them. They could be planned for days and not happen due to ride/show/cast/Imagineering/safety/building code issues. Soft opens happen to test in a controlled, commitment-free environment, or when a ride is done before it's announced opening date.

No doubt they must be getting close, and I'm just as excited as everyone, but some of these people need to check their facts.

What are you talking about? Disney does not control the open date, these boards do!

jdmdisney99

I'm sorry, but I didn't see anybody getting angry over the date being pushed from May 2nd. ?

Mike C

Delayed more? Hasn't been delayed yet. Spring 2014 is what they have always said and spring ends June 21st. I will consider it delayed if it opens after that.

May 2nd was announced as a media day for the ride, if it's not going to be soft opened then or before then, than it's likely being delayed internally. Either way the point is, Gringotts may be soft opening around the same time that the mine train will.

HeatherWatson

I would be disappointed to know that we missed opening by a matter of days during our trip as this may be the only WDW visit we can afford to take for many years. Since our trip was not planned around this opening, I thankfully do not feel like kicking myself in the head; nevertheless, having heard the rumor of May 2 echoed so many times over recent weeks, a degree of excitement has naturally built in response to its projected opening day falling immediately prior to our May 3 arrival. That said, I'll be pretty bummed if we don't catch a ride.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
May 2nd was announced as a media day for the ride, if it's not going to be soft opened then or before then, than it's likely being delayed internally. Either way the point is, Gringotts may be soft opening around the same time that the mine train will.
The media event had been officially announced but it hasn't been confirmed mine train will be open for it. That's still just a rumor.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

"According to our friends from Walt Disney Imagineering, first up inside the interactive queue is a jewel sorting station. As the jewels flow by in a 15-foot wooden sluice, guests will be able to drag them into different trays, matching them by color and shape (the gems come in four different sizes and six colors)."

Anyone have thoughts on how this might work? I am hoping it's something physical not a video screen. If it is physical the gems will have to be attached to something, if they were loose they would disappear for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom