Mine Ride Construction Update

orky8

Only reason I can think to do this is to increase the clearance between the fence and cars.

Agreed. Though, I don't really understand why railings are necessary at all -- no guests will be in these areas except in a emergency. I don't mind the "chicken wire," but this I actually do think is bad show. Not sure if state law is requiring it or OSHA for regular employee track inspections or where it is coming from.

landauh

Agreed. Though, I don't really understand why railings are necessary at all -- no guests will be in these areas except in a emergency. I don't mind the "chicken wire," but this I actually do think is bad show. Not sure if state law is requiring it or OSHA for regular employee track inspections or where it is coming from.

It is an OSHA requirement for both CMs (who need to do a track walk every day before the attraction can open) and guests during evacs.

tl77

I don't pretend to know exactly what they are doing, but if you look at this old picture (with the bridge mostly complete), you can the the supports are about 6-10 inches away from the edge closest to the waterfall:

DSC08067.jpg

But, in the most recent photos, it looks like they are latching onto the base of the old supports, and the new supports are flush against the edge closest to the waterfall, as shown in attached.

You know what would have solved all these problems though? .....LOG BRIDGE!
Seven-Dwarfs-Mine-Train-Concept-Art.jpg

danv3

I can tell you without a doubt that operations is taking over the attraction on the 19th.

Seems way late with the media event starting on 4/30 (unless training starts before the 4/19 handover). If training doesn't start until 4/19, it seems like they'd only have 4-5 days of soft openings before the media arrives. Compare that to six weeks with Little Mermaid.

danv3

like mermaid, Operations will comingle with WDI on the attraction for about a week .. train-the-trainer-training is already in process.

So this suggests soft openings could start very close to the 19th (maybe even on the 19th)? Still shorter than Mermaid but seems more feasible in advance of the 30th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom