Mine Ride Construction Update

doctornick

That's what I was hoping. That used to always be one of my favorite scenes in the old ride, when the witch turned around and she was all of a sudden old and scary. I would love for her to make an appearance.

If the Evil Queen appears -- and I feel like it was not so subtled indicated by Imagineers during one of the many chats -- my guess is that she will be part of the cottage scene, peering in from outside the house.

I'm pretty interested/excited to hear the soundtrack for the ride which was mentioned a number of times on the ride description.

Clamman73

Mine ride is coming along nicely, lots of steel structure for the mountain going up.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...fs-mine-train-coaster-construction-update.htm

Looks like they have started to frame out the buildings that will face the mermaid area:

Fantasyland_Full_17445.jpg

Thankfully, these people don't have much longer to wait...:cool:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Disney confirms they will be touch screens - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/seven-dwarfs-mine-train/

Help Doc at an Interactive Queue
Within a covered wooden tunnel carved into the mountainside, discover a series of mining stations prepared by Doc, each one a gem of its own:

• Jewel Sorting – Follow Doc’s instructions, etched into a nearby plank, and help match jewels by color and shape as they flow down a wooden trough—a.k.a. dozens of touch-screen video displays.
  • Jewel Washing – After the jewels are sorted, grab ahold of a musical water spigot and start cleaning. Each spigot plays its own melody—heed Doc’s tips and you may hear a collection of familiar tunes!
  • The Vault – Inside the door of the mountain, enter the center of the vault to find a collection of wooden barrels overflowing with glowing stones. Turn each barrel to see the ceiling above you transformed!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I would tend to believe they want to have it available for the press to ride it, but if they actually succeed is the open question.

I agree. It makes sense that they would plan it that way. My only point is that there has been no official announcement that the ride will be open for that date.

doctornick

Wow...that sounds strangely familiar...

Yeah, I was a little surprised to find that desciption. I remember someone saying there would be a part where Dopey flips a switch and instead of peacefully going down the "right" track, you are sent down the "wrong" track which is why it is an faster "uncontrolled" ride. I think something like that would make some sense as a storyline for the "something goes terribly wrong" that often happens on theme park rides.

But broken tracks? Is there even any logic as to why that would have happened?

NormC

Actually, the internal timeline had it scheduled to open in the second quarter of fiscal 2014. That ended March 31, so....delayed a bit.
Ok, internally maybe, but not as far as the public was told. That has always been Spring 2014.

Jose

Plus, be on the lookout for several favorite characters from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs—they’re all here, recreated in vivid detail using innovative technology that brings their 3-dimensional expressions to life.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'm thinking though that the way things have been described in the DVC members magazine and the mention in the Disney website, he'll still be off. He spoke of highly detailed AA figures, where the way I'm reading these make it seem more like some of the projection technology is going to be integrated to give them their detailed appearance and movement. Again, I've got nothing proving that, just guesswork on my part. Luckily, we'll hear/see in a few short weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom