Mine Ride Construction Update

Next Big Thing

In addition, they've put a big statue of King Triton outside the DVC stand. Just the top half of his body; does anyone know why?
Originally there was suppose to be a gift shop called "Triton's Treasures" in that location. I haven't seen any evidence that they are going to build that shop, but it could be related.

Donald96

Was able to get a picture of that on my last 3% lol
image.jpg

sponono88

It looks like they borrowed the same mold that was used for DCA's ride (with a modification to his left arm?). At DCA it sits on top of the attraction facade, and way before that it was originally part of a fountain at Disneyland.

Last edited:

PorterRedkey

I heard buzz of a 2 part drop for the coaster and lots of excitement about it. Amazing how these guys keep coming up with such innovation. Just when you think your drop is done, BAM! Another drop!!!! I say we should just build a big hill that has the most drops contained in one drop put of any ride anywhere. Its genius!

It is just a tiny drop (probably about five feet), before the big drop, making that big drop LESS scary for kids. Ride in the back car for the best action on drops, usually this true for most coasters.

I am looking forward to this ride, but don't get too excited (oh hell, get as excited as you want). I am excited, but I fear it will be too short and the scenes too brief and too few. Whatever the result of the ride experience, it really looks gorgeous, and it will be nice to have "New Fantasyland" completed.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Just like all forests... just give it a little bit of time. I'm always amazed when I see old photos of the Magic Kingdom, and how bare it looked:

TeaCupsUncoveredHub.jpg

Great Photo! Oddly though some areas in the distance look greener than they do in the concrete jungle known as the MK now.

doctornick

All new Fantasyland needs now is a copy of DLs Alice or Pinochio and it would be perfect. The extra capacity would certainly help the park overall too.

They missed out by not putting in a simple clone of the Pinocchio attraction in the Circus area. The outside could be themed as "see a puppet without strings" with Stromboli, with the inside being the dark ride from DL. Adding another ride to help capacity alone with the rest of the FLE would have be viewed more favorably, I think.

lazyboy97o

It is just a tiny drop (probably about five feet), before the big drop, making that big drop LESS scary for kids. Ride in the back car for the best action on drops, usually this true for most coasters.

I am looking forward to this ride, but don't get too excited (oh hell, get as excited as you want). I am excited, but I fear it will be too short and the scenes too brief and too few. Whatever the result of the ride experience, it really looks gorgeous, and it will be nice to have "New Fantasyland" completed.
The predrop reduces tension on the lift chain. It has nothing to do with making the ride less scary.

djkidkaz

damouse.com has a new update this morning. Not sure when the photos were taken though as I've seen someone post here that there was thatching going in on the cottage and I don't see that in one of the photos that shows the cottage. I was supposed to go to MK yesterday but it just didn't work out, so Im thinking of going today. Its just such a project, with the driving, the tram, the boat/monorail, turnstiles.....

They need to just have a human slingshot at the parking lot.

Soarin' Over Pgh

damouse.com has a new update this morning. Not sure when the photos were taken though as I've seen someone post here that there was thatching going in on the cottage and I don't see that in one of the photos that shows the cottage. I was supposed to go to MK yesterday but it just didn't work out, so Im thinking of going today. Its just such a project, with the driving, the tram, the boat/monorail, turnstiles.....

*sighs* Please take me with you.

And LOL @ human slingshot. It's magical!

orky8

Damouse has posted part 2, showing thatch on the side facing B&TB:

DSC08075.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom