Mine Ride Construction Update

alissafalco

Is rather odd they're withholding newer show details from the ride. Either they're saving some of the show elements to surprise us, OR they're trying to hide the ride's show scenes not being anything special. Hopefully the former, but kind of odd nonetheless given their hyping of past elements. All other parts of the FLE we basically knew in and out well before anything even opened thanks to the blog spoilers. Even long before the Little Mermaid ride was close to opening we saw tons of video blogs about the interior figures and animatronics, essentially having seen the entirety of the ride well before opening. It's very uncharacteristic of Disney to not want to hype even the most basic of show elements, so the handing of the Mine Train is very odd. They had specials dedicated to even heavily incomplete versions of the Little Mermaid animatronics before they'd been completely painted and skinned properly. And the more cheap figures scattered around the ride had a ton of press as well. Why are they holding back on the Mine Train show elements? Again is it because they're great and want it to be a pleasant surprise, or are they so unspectacular that they've been deemed unworthy of talking about?

I hope what @DisneyConstruction23 has stated so far ends up being absolutely right. I was already looking forward to this ride within reasonable expectations, but having some quality animatronics would be a very nice plus. If you're right about that, i'm more than glad to eat crow about that (I mean how can any of us be upset about a Disney ride being better than we thought). We'll see whether you end up being right, still not getting my hopes up though based on past disappointment with recent Disney World rides, but hopeful. Again, dunno why they haven't released more info about the figures but hopefully your reasoning for them holding back the good stuff ends up being correct.
Well, I don't think you can compare this to the way they handled LM because everyone already new it would be the same ride as DL's, except with a more elaborate queue. So in a sense we already saw LM in DL. 7DMT is an original, no one really knows what its going to be, so this they can keep a secret for the wow factor. However, I am a little disappointed by the painted flat in the video :(

CheekBoys

Well, I don't think you can compare this to the way they handled LM because everyone already new it would be the same ride as DL's, except with a more elaborate queue. So in a sense we already saw LM in DL. 7DMT is an original, no one really knows what its going to be, so this they can keep a secret for the wow factor. However, I am a little disappointed by the painted flat in the video :(
Hopefully that is just a placeholder for an animatronic.

lazyboy97o

In the lead up to the opening of the attraction at Disney's California Adventure the DisneyParks Blog released several videos highlighting specific figures and show scenes.

MerlinTheGoat

No, I meant we already knew all about the scenes and animatronics for Little Mermaid well before even the CA version opened. I didn't mean we knew about WDW's based on it being a clone. Many months before it was even near finished at California Adventure they were posting tons of photos and video blogs about the building of the show scenes and animatronic.

For instance, here is a video blog dedicated completely to the Ursula figure well over 2 months before the original ride opened at CA-

They show off a TON of the inside of the ride and hype the hell out of the animatronic. Now whatever people may think about the rest of the ride, I think most people would concede that Ursula is quite a well done AA. That's the one part of the ride I don't see people complaining about (unless she's broken down). Now you'd think that if the dwarf figures or other characters inside the Mine Train were so amazing and even "better" than Ursula as DisneyConstruction23 said, they'd be showing them off by now. It would be rather shocking to have such impressive AA's and not be showing them ASAP. Is it that they're waiting it out and hoping to surprise people with some impressive figures, or are they simply nothing that special? Either way, it's uncharacteristic for Disney to withhold the chance to hype something amazing so close to the ride's opening. Assuming it's actually opening this spring that is, though one can reasonably guess it's getting close to finished from the show scene perspective at least. Lee's comments in the other threads about the figures not impressing him are worrisome (hopefully his info is either outdated or he didn't see all of them).

Again I absolutely hope DisneyConstruction23 is right and Lee is wrong. We all want this ride to be as good as it can. But I just can't jump in and assume it's going to be anything amazing after having been let down too many times before recently.

alissafalco

No, I meant we already knew all about the scenes and animatronics for Little Mermaid well before even the CA version opened. I didn't mean we knew about WDW's based on it being a clone. Many months before it was even near finished at California Adventure they were posting tons of photos and video blogs about the building of the show scenes and animatronic.

For instance, here is a video blog dedicated completely to the Ursula figure well over 2 months before the original ride opened at CA-

They show off a TON of the inside of the ride and hype the hell out of the animatronic. Now whatever people may think about the rest of the ride, I think most people would concede that Ursula is quite a well done AA. That's the one part of the ride I don't see people complaining about (unless she's broken down). Now you'd think that if the dwarf figures or other characters inside the Mine Train were so amazing and "better" than Ursula as DisneyConstruction23 said, they'd be showing them off by now. Is it that they're waiting it out and hoping to surprise people with some impressive figures, or are they simply nothing that special? Either way, it's uncharacteristic for Disney to withhold the chance to hype something amazing so close to the ride's opening. Assuming it's actually opening this spring that is, though one can reasonably guess it's getting close to finished from the show scene perspective at least. Lee's comments in the other threads about the figures not impressing him are worrisome (hopefully his info is either outdated or he didn't see all of them).

Again I absolutely hope DisneyConstruction23 is right and Lee is wrong. We all want this ride to be as good as it can. But I just can't jump in and assume it's going to be anything amazing after having been let down too many times before recently.

Yes, you're right. I'm worried now :(

MerlinTheGoat

I'll also add that we knew about the animatronic figures in OUR exclusive FLE attractions well before opening as well. The ones that are already open I mean. Lumiere for instance I believe was known about and hyped a considerably long time before the Beauty and the Beast areas were close to opening (we saw a CGI approximation of him at a D23 event a few years back, which wasn't the physical figure but still gave a pretty decent and somewhat accurate idea of what he eventually looked like). Possibly the wardrobe as well, though I don't know about that one (Lumiere was definitely a centerpiece for that attraction). We literally know NOTHING official about the show figures in the Mine Train though, and supposedly so close to being completed show wise it's rather troubling that we know so little.

I'll admit that there's always the chance Disney could change their strategy regarding the Mine Train's media hype, but up to this point they've never passed up an opportunity to show off every little detail of newer attractions. I want to be wrong, I want to believe there's something more awaiting inside. But I just can't get on board the hype train here only to potentially be let down again.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Not directed at you....directed at every person who said I was a fake or a fraud etc. now eat crow and enjoy what I busted my *** to help produce you ungrateful........

I mean this respectfully. If it doesn't come off that way I apologize in advance.

But I'm not sure how to interpret this post. The video above didn't really show me anything in regards to audio-animatronics. And I'm also not sure how this is the end all be all evidence for what you have said, again with all due respect.

A lot of people have joined the site, proclaiming inside information, but few have a track record of being accurate. I wouldn't be a Disney fan if I hoped you were wrong. But that doesn't make a skeptic wrong for not pledging loyalty to your word right away, and waiting for a first hand experience of the ride to see if what you said it really true.

It's not a slight against you and your knowledge. It's about Disney disappointing fans over the past few years by hyping attractions to heights it could never reach. I find it odd Disney is advertising the POV videos of an unfinished roller-coaster. That to me is bizarre PR, but maybe it's for a reason. A reason such as you have been saying, Disney is saving the best for last. I certainly hope so. Gosh knows we've waited long enough for it.

LithiumBill

screen1.png
screen2.png

Ok it might just be temporary, but I can see what looks like FLAT versions of Dopey in the first on and another Dwarf in the second... am I seeing things?

MerlinTheGoat

We'll know very soon how advanced the figures really are. If the D23 diagrams are anything to go by though, they're nothing special. That just leaves the Dwarf cottage scene for unknown figures. The diagrams as posted earlier show the motions that three of the mine scene figures are capable of-
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...pectations-thread.879950/page-13#post-5957065

One would imagine that since this was shown off at D23, they'd put their best foot forward in regards to showing off what the ride has. They usually show the best AA figures they have at these events (even if they're experimental ones that might never make it into a real ride). It doesn't make sense for Disney to hold back on information if there's something more to show off, they've not really done that before after all. So the diagrams they have shown us have a good chance of being the best figures the ride has to offer. And that would align with what Lee has told us.

Of the three figures, Doc clearly appears to be capable of the greatest amount of articulation given the list of motions he can do (the eyes and mouth even move). But there's no evidence whatsoever that he's anywhere close to the motion Ursula is capable of as claimed. I'm not even sure whether there's enough articulation to be categorized as a real animatronic without seeing it in motion to confirm (though it's at least somewhat above the original ride's figures, but it would be pathetic if that wasn't the case). Dopey's figure from those plans appears to be more akin to the moving figures in the original Snow White ride. Sleepy seems comparable to Dopey from the diagram, though perhaps slightly more movement if you count the animal attached. Given the motions listed, even the figure with the most motions (Doc) doesn't look like anything at all state of the art. In fact, it seems to be lacking in potential motion even when compared to some of the EARLIEST and most ancient original Disney designed animatronic figures like those in the original Worlds Fair Carousel of Progress and Lincoln from the 1960's (or from Pirates of the Caribbean)...

Take a look at what motions the father was capable of even so incredibly long ago and compare them to some of the stated motions Doc has listed-

I also posted a video of the making of the Ursula AA earlier in this thread for further comparison, she's also showing far more range of motion than the diagram for the Dwarfs indicates. So that's three major show figures inside the mine that don't appear to be capable of anywhere close to the articulation Ursula is (if they're even able to be classified as AA's). We can probably reason that the rest of the Dwarfs are more or less similarly articulated to these three in one way or another. Given that Doc is also the leader of the Dwarfs (and has the most movement of the three), he is also probably the most advanced of the figures inside the mine. So that leaves just the Dwarf Cottage scene unless they're going to add some figures to the outside of the ride before they're done.

Lee's information and perhaps these plans will have been wrong or outdated (and i'm assuming the figure diagrams came from the most recent D23 so they're probably pretty recent and final). Which I guess depends on how much has changed with the ride in the last 18 months, though I'd be supremely shocked if they actually decided to up the budget of the ride by adding some superior AA's. If an attraction's budget changes, it's generally always to decrease, not increase.

Last edited:

doctornick

screen1.png
screen2.png

Ok it might just be temporary, but I can see what looks like FLAT versions of Dopey in the first on and another Dwarf in the second... am I seeing things?

The Dopey in the first picture looks virtually identical to the one shown in plans at D23 which indicated that Dopey would have some movement (I think his head and arms and definitely his ears moving). So, my guess is that the flats were just fill in for future animated figures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom