Mine Ride Construction Update

vagabondarts

I think this is going to end up being a new favorite ride of mine. I'm surprised it took them this long to make a Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride, honestly.

I'm really looking forward to it, I know a lot of others compare it to Harry Potter 2.0 but I don't think the experiences should be compared.
This looks to be a quaint fun ride for all ages. A perfect fit for Disneyworld and fantasy land in general. I expect it to come to Disneyland eventually

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I think this is going to end up being a new favorite ride of mine. I'm surprised it took them this long to make a Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride, honestly.

I'm really looking forward to it, I know a lot of others compare it to Harry Potter 2.0 but I don't think the experiences should be compared.
This looks to be a quaint fun ride for all ages. A perfect fit for Disneyworld and fantasy land in general. I expect it to come to Disneyland eventually

I think the best of the whole affair is.. they are not forgetting a classic like SnowWhite.
Everyone seems to be moving into new IPS and leaving the old ones in the dust(of course, unless its something refreshed constantly like spiderman..etc..).

vagabondarts

I think the best of the whole affair is.. they are not forgetting a classic like SnowWhite.
Everyone seems to be moving into new IPS and leaving the old ones in the dust(of course, unless its something refreshed constantly like spiderman..etc..).
Yeah Snow White and the seven dwarfs is one of my favorite movies. I love it.
I don't care for most of the other movies about princesses, except Princess and the Frog, which is perfect to be a classic dark ride

lazyboy97o

Snow White is a member of the still pumping Disney Princess franchise. There is also the slightly related 7D show focused on the dwarfs that was ordered by Disney Junior as well as the in development hell The Order of the Seven, a reimagining of Snow White set in Japan where the seven dwarfs are seven samurai. Not to mention the recent non-Disney live action films.

Cesar R M

Yeah Snow White and the seven dwarfs is one of my favorite movies. I love it.
I don't care for most of the other movies about princesses, except Princess and the Frog, which is perfect to be a classic dark ride
Princess and the frog was really good, I honestly was very affected at Ray's song.. and his demise.. :(

One picture shows 14 people working. That's the most I've ever seen at one time.
unless they are just talking about who to bet in the NFL lol (or they all mobbing one single worker because he found a missing penny). .

Commonly that means three people working and eleven managers standing around looking all self-important.

hahahah! agree!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I tripped on this this afternoon. This is an example of what I was trying to put into words. While the exterior landscaping is far from complete on Dwarf Mountain, I have my doubts it will look like the the concept drawings. Few attractions do, so I've learned to just look at concept drawings for a crude possibility subject to many changes.

d23-mine-train-model.jpg
If Avland looks as close to the recently released art as Mine train looks to this picture it will be pretty exceptional. I'm not saying it will, but if you are using this art as an example it bodes well for Avland.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It will make that whole area more exciting hearing the screams of riders as the mine car comes tearing through the opening. Kinda like when your by Splash Mtn. and hear the screams of folks on the final drop.

Anybody have any idea of how long the ride is? Are we talking BTMR type track length or Gooofys Barnstormer?

Tangled21

It will make that whole area more exciting hearing the screams of riders as the mine car comes tearing through the opening. Kinda like when your by Splash Mtn. and hear the screams of folks on the final drop.

Anybody have any idea of how long the ride is? Are we talking BTMR type track length or Gooofys Barnstormer?
For how long this ride took to be built, I'd be hella annoyed if it was the length of barnstormer.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

We are hearing somewhere in between but closer to BTMRR then Barnstormer. I think BTMRR is about 3.5 mins while Barnstormer is about a minute. Somewhere in this thread I think Mine train was projected to be 2.5 to 3 mins.

Figment2005

To all you complaining about the length. Remember that the Hulk in IOA is about 90 seconds. The average coaster runs about that time so it should be more of a value if length is your only concern.

Tom

Beta Return
To all you complaining about the length. Remember that the Hulk in IOA is about 90 seconds. The average coaster runs about that time so it should be more of a value if length is your only concern.

That's what sh- never mind :cautious:

But you're right. Long coasters are relatively hard to come by, and 90 seconds is a lot longer than it seems like, especially when talking about theme park rides.

Honestly though, with the couple lifts and show scenes, I pegged this one to be a little longer than is being reported here. I guess we'll see.

doctornick

Honestly though, with the couple lifts and show scenes, I pegged this one to be a little longer than is being reported here. I guess we'll see.

With two lift hills and there being show scenes before the major lift hill -- I could be wrong, but I think that you enter the mine, have some show scenes on a level portion before going up the hill with more show scenes -- and potentially other show scenes like the cottage at the end of the ride and given the size of the track, I'm expecting something in the 2 to 2.5 minute range. We will see though.

hpyhnt 1000

That's what sh- never mind :cautious:

But you're right. Long coasters are relatively hard to come by, and 90 seconds is a lot longer than it seems like, especially when talking about theme park rides.

Same here. I was expecting no less than 2 mins; 90 seconds just seems really short, especially if (probably) almost half that time is going to be spent crawling up a lift hill.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

The Hulk has is actually thrilling for an adult. For this ride, there should be some cool stuff to look at and some time spent in the vehicle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom