Mine Ride Construction Update

ctxak98

Just throwing this out there..... The new brakes have taken the small excitement out Space. It's really a terrible ride now imo. The third drop, which is the most exciting, has completely been taken away. Unreal!!! 2014 DISNEYLAND!!!!!
what exactly are we talking about here?! the mine train!?

Cesar R M

Watching this makes me wonder if there is some sort of super slow boxing competition between Uni and Disney..
Uni threws the Harry potter punch.. Disney returns a big hammered avatar... and so on... XD

As for the Building... they seem kinda slow on the outside zone.. I wonder if they're concentrating on the insides first.

djkidkaz

Oh Please stop........ Now its just Embarrassing

I am so tired of the Universal is better then Disney Posts
followed by, Disney better step it up

Its just plain tiring at this point

Agreed. The only thing Uni has is Harry potter that's on par with disney quality. Even the new transformers show building and queue is lame. The ride is cool but a copy of Spider-Man. People here feel like uni is beating disney but really what they should be saying is that uni is just currently investing in their parks rapidly and disney is investing I their parks but at a slower pace. Folks here want instant gratification even if the attractions are average it doesn't matter to them, a new Simpsons spinner is a new Simpsons spinner!!

mvieguy

Denying Uni is putting more money into modern attractions does what? Crying Please Stop doesn't change the obvious. If you can't look at the photo's without a meltdown...just don't look. Geesh.

I am not having a metldown, like the other poster said, This is about the Minetrain and doesnt need to be another thread dealing with the Uni vs Disney getting things done quicker and better thread.

and once again, people have to take this into consideration. Mermaid got put up fast because it was a clone.

disney has never built a ride like the Dwarfs coaster, so they have no prior experience with it. once this goes up, i guarantee if it goes into other parks, it will be built faster.

transformers is a giant square building with a spider man clone.

Gringgots is a giant square buidling with a coaster inside.

half of Diagon ally/london are Facads and not actual buildings that people can walk in. in fact, only Diagon ally will have small resturaunts and shops with access to Gringots. the London part is just a giant que to get to Hogwarts train

lazyboy97o

disney has never built a ride like the Dwarfs coaster, so they have no prior experience with it. once this goes up, i guarantee if it goes into other parks, it will be built faster.
There is nothing special about the roller coaster track. It is standard track built like any other steel coaster track. Yes, the rock work is custom, but is hardly an area where experience is lacking. Test and adjust is where there would be delays if this was about the "never seen" ride system, not construction.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I am not having a metldown, like the other poster said, This is about the Minetrain and doesnt need to be another thread dealing with the Uni vs Disney getting things done quicker and better thread.

and once again, people have to take this into consideration. Mermaid got put up fast because it was a clone.

transformers is a giant square building with a spider man clone.

Gringgots is a giant square buidling with a coaster inside.

half of Diagon ally/london are Facads and not actual buildings that people can walk in. in fact, only Diagon ally will have small resturaunts and shops with access to Gringots. the London part is just a giant que to get to Hogwarts train

So I am confused.

You chastised me about comparing Mine to Uni. So be it. I stopped. Then you go on and do exactly what you chastised me for. I don't understand the parameters of your rules. You can continue to compare to Uni but only you? In the world according to mvieguy am I allowed a rebuttal to your Uni comments in this post? :rolleyes:

There is nothing special about the roller coaster track. It is standard track built like any other steel coaster track. Yes, the rock work is custom, but is hardly an area where experience is lacking. Test and adjust is where there would be delays if this was about the "never seen" ride system, not construction.

Indeed and agree. Disney has been using the Holy Rock imagineering for decades at both Disneyland and all over WDW, they should have it mastered by now to do it in a timely fashion. Think Canada too. Look at how quickly they put up all that rock. And rocks like this have been built forever, Zoo's were using this concept back in the 1930's, hardly cutting edge, just labor intense. After all the projects I've seen built at Disney with fake rock mountains, this is by far the slowest, understaffed project I've seen.

Back to my original post, the only reason I believe the project is starting to move along is wanting it to open with or before the "other parks" new attractions debut.

Sped2424

http://micechat.com/47170-universal-orlando-update-jurassic-park-games-open-red-oven-pizza-bakery/
And now we know why construction started to move ahead so quickly.
"On the most recent conference call Steve Burke, the CEO of NBC|Universal, said that Diagon Alley would open in “Spring.” With the extended Mardi Gras 2014 schedule we can expect big spring break crowds when this immersive new land finally opens. With the applications now in, interviews will be happening all throughout November and December with training beginning after the new year. Steve Burke said that Wizarding World expansion would open after the Cabana Bay hotel opens on March 14th, 2014."
If they open the mine train after diagon gets rolling the buzz for this project will have had a good bite taken from it.

rioriz

Time will tell. Disney has a bad habit of dumbing down their concepts, scraping their expansions, or building expansions with little substance these days at WDW.

Specifically what have you seen from Disney about Star Wars that has you so convinced that this is a winner or for that matter Avatar? I've seen a couple of concept drawings for Avatar, beyond that, what have you got to back that up?

I saw concepts for Fairyland at Fantasyland expansion that got dumped, I saw elaborate concept drawings of Hyperion that got dumped, Disney has gotten very good at dumping concepts.

The is Avatar/is it not happening is over...Regardless of what you think about the Movie, with the new nighttime infrastructure and offerings, AK is poised to draw attention. So far nothing about Star Wars but all insiders say it is coming and if anything Disney has shown us is that they can still make immersive environments. Cutting edge rides...yes but not in WDW.

And before we get to Uni never cuts back lets not mention what FJ could have been...cuts already happening at what will be a fantastic DA, cuts already happening at the rumored Skull Island and JP expansions. No fairy dust sniffing here but Disney had their decade, Uni is having theirs, but these are two different beast as long as WDW has 4 pars,numerous hotels, numerous non park offerings, and better water parks (Uni is coming).

Gabe1

The is Avatar/is it not happening is over...Regardless of what you think about the Movie, with the new nighttime infrastructure and offerings, AK is poised to draw attention. So far nothing about Star Wars but all insiders say it is coming and if anything Disney has shown us is that they can still make immersive environments. Cutting edge rides...yes but not in WDW.

And before we get to Uni never cuts back lets not mention what FJ could have been...cuts already happening at what will be a fantastic DA, cuts already happening at the rumored Skull Island and JP expansions. No fairy dust sniffing here but Disney had their decade, Uni is having theirs, but these are two different beast as long as WDW has 4 pars,numerous hotels, numerous non park offerings, and better water parks (Uni is coming).

Did I say Avatar wasn't coming? I question absolute devotion based on concept drawings. FLE, the concept drawing had the fairyland that got dumped. Disney does scrap projects in progress and reinvent them. In very recent history Hyperion/Disney Springs, Pop Legendary to AoA, Fairyland/Dwarf. So much can be added or deleted from Avatar by 2017. Disney pushed forward with Avatar despite its luke warm reception from fans. Fans are hungry for anything at the underdeveloped, poorly laid out AK.

IMO Avatar will be popular regardless if its quality or mediocre or original by the year 2017, just like the mine train, but will rocking back and forth make that attraction coveted in the themepark world? AK is underdeveloped, AK/Avatar will likely draw more guests at night giving guests bored with AK a different perspective on park that has grown prematurely tiresome, much like Test Track. I believe the night draw will be more popular than Avatar. I'm not ready to bite on Avatar being beloved, I don't see the devotion to Avatar in 2013 let alone in 2017. Star Wars has a fine following unlike Avatar but it is a drop in the bucket for the vast majority of fans let alone for being a draw for families, thrill park seekers sure. Discussions of Cars at DHS have gone quiet.

Certainly Disney is capable of cutting edge imagineering. It is now rare to invest in new rides at WDW. On a whole WDW receives attractions like Idol, LMA, Laugh Floor, Character Spot, Crush, Castle projection shows. Low budget filler attractions are abound. Even when Disney invests like they have dearly in FLE, the crown jewel is a restaurant. Now investing dearly in a shopping center, most investments like the Magic Band are to generate a quick squeeze, addition cash from guests not for the enjoyment of the theme parks.

Where we see what Disney Imagineers are capable of is in Tokyo. Look at their Pooh ride vs WDW ride. When owners are willing to fund cutting edge attractions imagineering is up to the challenge. They get that opportunity in Tokyo at WDW we get old fashioned track dark rides, they are in a rut at WDW.

Psst: If you read the posts above we can't discuss Uni on this thread so until another thread......

Last edited:

Gabe1

I tripped on this this afternoon. This is an example of what I was trying to put into words. While the exterior landscaping is far from complete on Dwarf Mountain, I have my doubts it will look like the the concept drawings. Few attractions do, so I've learned to just look at concept drawings for a crude possibility subject to many changes.

d23-mine-train-model.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I tripped on this this afternoon. This is an example of what I was trying to put into words. While the exterior landscaping is far from complete on Dwarf Mountain, I have my doubts it will look like the the concept drawings. Few attractions do, so I've learned to just look at concept drawings for a crude possibility subject to many changes.

d23-mine-train-model.jpg

I actually don't see why it won't look like this. We have the rock work, you can see areas in the rock work where grass will go like they did with Mermaid, and you see the support posts where artificial trees will go.

Gabe1

I actually don't see why it won't look like this. We have the rock work, you can see areas in the rock work where grass will go like they did with Mermaid, and you see the support posts where artificial trees will go.

Could possibly, I just don't see it. You have a better imagination than I do.

And it would look nice if they cover up all that rock with that much grass that is shown in the concept drawing.

Magic Lamp

At this point, I'm over the rockwork and how it'll look altogether - rocks, trees and all. I'm more curious about the dwarves' cottage and how accurate it'll turn out. So far they've only set the "beams", but it's all taking shape real quick now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom