Mine Ride Construction Update

tl77

I want it to be true--we're there May 3-11. I keep hearing conflicting reports however, and I'm a little nervous we'll just miss it. I can't imagine that it won't be ready for riders at the time of the media preview, as I think it would be pretty embarrassing for Disney to have put forth such an elaborate invitation only to tell the media "you can look, but you can't ride..." I mean, if the media is able to safely ride it, it also would have meet the same [safety] standards to allow for the public to ride it correct?

I've also thought maybe it's called the media "preview" because the intention is for the media to be the first to experience the ride and to have no public soft openings. Just a theory :)

I think your theory might be right, because I know when they opened the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland they had a special media preview at midnight, and the media were the first people to ride it, then the next day it was open to the public... the reason being is that the media reviews write ups of the ride were used to helped promote it to the public

JohnD

There's an ad on this site (at least drawn from cookies probably left from my visiting the WDW website) that says "Rocking into Walt Disney World THIS SPRING!" Here is the link, the page says "Opening Soon".

7DMT ad.jpg

JungleTrekFan

Noticed this morning during the commercial shoot that the first lift hill has the same fin as Everest's and just like Everest was quiet while the train went up.

Soarin' Over Pgh

The site is only able to operate with the funding generated by ads. If everyone used Adblock the site would close.

...Some of us make it a point to click on a handful of these banner ads a day just to help out a bit....

Just sayin', but some of us do that. ;)

Cool! That's a helluva piece of equipment they're using to film with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom