Mine Ride Construction Update

Jabbas

Damouse has a new picture on his Instagram account showing a part of the cottage. It looks about the same as the one Disney posted but just with different lighting.

The Duck

New video. If you listen carefully, you can hear the "Silly Song" (possibly coming from the cottage?) and if you listen VERY carefully, you can hear someone (CM?) telling a guest that it should open "In two... uh, a couple of weeks". Also, about halfway through the video, you can see some wiring that may be leading to the lantern on the front car.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
That wiring is 100% most definitely *NOT* for the lanterns. It's for testing equipment mounted in the front seat - typically used to measure forces and such that will be exerted on riders needed to obtain a certificate of occupancy.

Here is a screen shot from the video, wiring is definitely not a permanent part of car:

MineCar.jpg

Mawg

I know this is not a "thrill" ride. But, the rocking of the cars sure does look like fun. I think I'm going to want to ride this over and over. Most may say this is not an E ticket but it's starting to look like one from my opinion (you don't have to argue with me about it either, I respect your opinion if you don't think so).

ASilmser

That's the first time I've seen the Standby sign (there near the end of the video). I haven't read all 192 pages of this thread, so maybe I missed something. Most people were thinking that roof would be an obvious place to start the cue, but that sort of confirms it.

The Duck

That wiring is 100% most definitely *NOT* for the lanterns. It's for testing equipment mounted in the front seat - typically used to measure forces and such that will be exerted on riders needed to obtain a certificate of occupancy.
Thanks for the info. It was just a guess that it might have been temporary during the testing phase. Another video seemed to show the lanterns as being lit so I took a stab at it.

MOXOMUMD

New video. If you listen carefully, you can hear the "Silly Song" (possibly coming from the cottage?) and if you listen VERY carefully, you can hear someone (CM?) telling a guest that it should open "In two... uh, a couple of weeks". Also, about halfway through the video, you can see some wiring that may be leading to the lantern on the front car.

You're right about "Silly Song". I had to watch it quite a few times but I heard it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom