Mine Ride Construction Update

djkidkaz

I really like the lushness of the environment that the ride is going to go through. Big Thunder and Everest have great themeing but they primarily go through rock work, I like how this one goes a more natural landscape. Of course this means that they are going to have to stay on top of pruning those trees so they don't end up hitting people.

I was thinking the same thing. There is one photo Steve posted up today that really shows the "forest" aspect of the ride. You can see evergreens going all the way to the top of the mountain. This attraction really does look fantastic!

Magenta Panther

New video. If you listen carefully, you can hear the "Silly Song" (possibly coming from the cottage?) and if you listen VERY carefully, you can hear someone (CM?) telling a guest that it should open "In two... uh, a couple of weeks". Also, about halfway through the video, you can see some wiring that may be leading to the lantern on the front car.

Yep, I could hear it all right. Oh, cool, I love "The Silly Song"!

And you could be right about the lantern. It looks like it has mica glass in it - a yellow/brown glass that antique and retro-antique lamps have:

150x165_281-428272.jpg

Mica glass looks awesome when lit up. I hope this is true, that the lanterns ARE functional.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
But if you look closely, you can see a wire coming from the top of the lantern, through the loop above that it's hanging on. THAT could be the lantern wiring, indicating that it lights up, right?

No, I think what you are seeing is one of the tree branches in the background. If there were wires running to the light they would most likely run through the supports so you wouldn't see them. There is a closeup of the lantern in the video and I don't see any obvious wires in that shot.

Jabbas

I am loving how beautiful this looks. Definetely has that "fantasy forest" look they were going for. Supposed to be going in July for my birthday hoping I can get a day trip in sooner.

The Duck

But if you look closely, you can see a wire coming from the top of the lantern, through the loop above that it's hanging on. THAT could be the lantern wiring, indicating that it lights up, right?
My thinking was that the wiring was temporarily hooked up to the lanterns for testing (hence, the dangling wires) but some others have posted that it was something else entirely. Of course, that doesn't mean that they won't light up at all ;).

mvieguy

HeatherWatson

If it is true that all ladders,extension cords, and walls are gone it does seem likely that soft openings would happen soon.

I want it to be true--we're there May 3-11. I keep hearing conflicting reports however, and I'm a little nervous we'll just miss it. I can't imagine that it won't be ready for riders at the time of the media preview, as I think it would be pretty embarrassing for Disney to have put forth such an elaborate invitation only to tell the media "you can look, but you can't ride..." I mean, if the media is able to safely ride it, it also would have meet the same [safety] standards to allow for the public to ride it correct?

I've also thought maybe it's called the media "preview" because the intention is for the media to be the first to experience the ride and to have no public soft openings. Just a theory :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
OK here are two things I found searching through Instagram. 1st is a nice clear picture of the Sign. 2nd is post that states that the people in the picture are cast members in training for the ride. Just thought Id share! View attachment 51716

I am trying to understand the sign, why if the "we're dig, dig, digging for you" hiding the bottom portion of the sign?

doctornick

I am trying to understand the sign, why if the "we're dig, dig, digging for you" hiding the bottom portion of the sign?

I don't think it is hiding anything (the partially covered words are probably "mine train") I think it is just theming to indicate that the ride is still being constructed -- so they will keep it up during soft openings -- and they will remove that little sign when it is officially opened to the public.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't think it is hiding anything (the partially covered words are probably "mine train") I think it is just theming to indicate that the ride is still being constructed -- so they will keep it up during soft openings -- and they will remove that little sign when it is officially opened to the public.

That makes sense.

Bairstow

Yeah, doesn't look permanent. Probably just something cute the sign department whipped up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom