Mine Ride Construction Update

Tom

Beta Return
well, yeah, i mean would you either see a little rope mesh, or blood on the track and a wailing mother sueing disney for not protecting her child while she was not paying attention to him/her? hello no brainer. while everyone may not like it in their view, it is there to serve a purpose, to keep animals and objects off of the track. i doubt anything else would have been allowed--- the standard queue cattle rails wouldnt stop the ducks from waddling in now, would it?

Right....we should all be thankful that this net isn't there to catch parts falling off a park icon. It's just a barrier to keep natural selection from working properly.

RandySavage

I'm a stickler for environmental visuals, and I'm okay with the net fencing. In a perfect world it wouldn't be necessary, but at the least the posts are well-themed as birch tree logs.

If they had put up plain, chainlink fencing (as has insidiously appeared all over Kilimanjaro and Pangani at Animal Kingdom thanks - in part - to the wretched Wild Africa Trek) then I'd have a problem, but I didn't find this is too jarring.

ctxak98

This is just a guess but maybe the wire looking fence is not really meant to be seen in the future?! Maybe the plants will grow in, around and over it so in a couple months you won't even realize it's there!

Just a thought but otherwise it is a little out of place!

orky8

This is just a guess but maybe the wire looking fence is not really meant to be seen in the future?! Maybe the plants will grow in, around and over it so in a couple months you won't even realize it's there!

Just a thought but otherwise it is a little out of place!

Perhaps, but the wire fence appears to be a safety measure and is only located where there would be easy access to the track. It is not in places where there are other height differentials stopping people from getting to the track. I've seen it in person, and it is not bad or an eyesore or any of those other things. It is what it is. Sure, it would look better without, but I could see why Disney doesn't trust that wood fence as the only thing to stop people from getting onto the track.

mvieguy

Perhaps, but the wire fence appears to be a safety measure and is only located where there would be easy access to the track. It is not in places where there are other height differentials stopping people from getting to the track. I've seen it in person, and it is not bad or an eyesore or any of those other things. It is what it is. Sure, it would look better without, but I could see why Disney doesn't trust that wood fence as the only thing to stop people from getting onto the track.

Exactly, I mean they have Safety bars around casey Jr . and in the first week there are photos of Moms disreguarding this and picking up and putting their child over it to play on the train.

I can see Parents lifting and putting their children over the wooden fence at SDMT to get a closer look.

twebber55

Exactly, I mean they have Safety bars around casey Jr . and in the first week there are photos of Moms disreguarding this and picking up and putting their child over it to play on the train.

I can see Parents lifting and putting their children over the wooden fence at SDMT to get a closer look.
yeah i have no problem with the wire...because they re lots of idiots out there

CrescentLake

I don't think any of us who don't like the fence are saying there should be nothing in the way of safety. In fact, I think you are 100% right, I can see some mothers/fathers lifting their children up to get a better look. All I'm saying is, while we wait for the foliage to grow in, that its bad show. I wish they could have made a better barrier to keep the kiddies/teens away. I absolutely think something like this is very, very necessary, I just wish it was more in line with the beauty of the ride.

Bocabear

I don't think any of us who don't like the fence are saying there should be nothing in the way of safety. In fact, I think you are 100% right, I can see some mothers/fathers lifting their children up to get a better look. All I'm saying is, while we wait for the foliage to grow in, that its bad show. I wish they could have made a better barrier to keep the kiddies/teens away. I absolutely think something like this is very, very necessary, I just wish it was more in line with the beauty of the ride.
It really is not that bad...and is just plain necessary.

CrescentLake

It really is not that bad...and is just plain necessary.

I mean its a fence on a ride in Walt Disney World so its not a terribly significant thing. I do think its pretty bad (haven't seen it in person, disclaimer!) and I do think they could have done better to not sacrifice show. Like I said before, I absolutely think that it is VERY necessary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom