Millionaire to be closed and Replaced w/ ride.

prberk

DisneyGrl85 said:
It's about time! It was fun but old...is that show even on the air anymore? HeHe

Gameshow Network -- at least twice a night!

Well, it's true! :lookaroun

Of course, I like their reruns of "Match Game" better! :)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
prberk said:

Ah, yes... the one redeeming quality of the Gameshow Network. :wave:

brkgnews

prberk said:

I can see it now... "Match Game 74 -- Play It!"

Audio-Animatronic Charles Nelson Reillys everywhere
chucktongue.jpg

KevinPage

I liked Millionaire, but it ran it's course. Shows only have a limited life span for me. I'm always in favor of a dark ride that anyone can go on.

But I don't really care for the interactive types. I want to sit back and be entertained, not have to work for it.

Based on the Buzz experience, it sounds like it would be a nice addition, but nothing "whiz bang" that will be a "must do" every time at the park. :(

Captain Chaos

I liked WWTBAM as well.. And everytime I saw it, the showroom was always packed... But, if it closes, I will not be disappointed.. At least I got to experience the show... I just hope that whatever replaces it addes to the park and isn't some ho-hum ride...

With that said... I thought Lee stated that the Midway Mania style ride was going over by Al's Toy Barn and not in WWTBAM....

mkepcotmgmak

brkgnews said:
I can see it now... "Match Game 74 -- Play It!"

Audio-Animatronic Charles Nelson Reillys everywhere
chucktongue.jpg

HAHAHA! I had a professor last semester that reminded me SO much of Charles Nelson Reilly!:lol: :lookaroun :cry:

DLP Fan

peter11435 said:
I don't think the broadway show had anything to do with Tarzan Rocks closing. They never closed Beauty and the Beast or the Lion King because of the broadway show.

Thats what I thought. They are totally different things. Thought it sounded like a poor reason.

brkgnews

I always understood it to be kind of a "crime of opportunity" if you will (I know, lousy choice of words). The screaming people and Yeti at Everest was going to be ridiculously loud for people in the open air theatre. The rock music from the show was going to detract from the Everest theming. So...

- "We gotta build a new theatre."
- "Really? Might as well get a new show while we're at it."

EDIT: Furthermore...
- Nemo is definitely where Disney's bread is buttered (for the time being). Anything that's been Nemo'd has become very popular
- Good way to rub elbows with the Pixar Peeps.

DisneyGal126

Figments Friend said:
Aladdin would SO make the coolest dark ride EVER. Just thinking about the stunning LIGHTING effects that could be done ( to recreate the stunning film visual palette) is enough to get me excited alone!

Maybe "Midway Mania" will turn out to be a "Cars" attraction???

I like both ideas!! I would rather see a ride based on Aladdin, its my all time favorite Disney movie and the Flying Carpets ride in MK isn't enough! :)

A dark Narnia ride would be nice too since they will be making more Narnia movies!

I also like the suggestion about a Kingdom Hearts theme! It is such a popular video game, I don't know why Disney hasn't done something more with it besides T-shirts and action figures...

Darth Plank

Jim Hill News: Toy Story Midway Mania

I heard on Jim Hill they are making Toy Story Midway Mania and an online game with it (like Expedition Everest's Yeti Vision etc.) TOY STORY ROCKS!

meanstreak82

Does anyone else get a bad feeling that this "midway" theme is going to turn Mickey Ave into another Chester and Hester's? To me it just seems kind of inevitable that carny games are going to line Mickey Avenue just like a "real" midway...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Does anyone else get a bad feeling that this "midway" theme is going to turn Mickey Ave into another Chester and Hester's? To me it just seems kind of inevitable that carny games are going to line Mickey Avenue just like a "real" midway...

Complete with carnies barking at you :

"HEY YOU, win this (insert cheaply made over-stuffed plush toy here) for your sweetie!"

jedimaster1227

Another thread resurrection...how nice... :rolleyes:

Anyways, I have a good feeling that we will be suprised with Midway Mania. It will feature a very nice technology that Disney hasn't used more than once in the public's eye and it will vary by room, so it has the potential to be great (not great enough to really boost MGM's attendance rate for three years, but enough to hold it until MGM's next E-ticket is announced...)

meanstreak82

Another thread resurrection...how nice... :rolleyes:

I'd rather see the original thread resurrected than the 800 other threads about the same subject. People sigh if a new thread is opened about a subject that is already discussed and people sigh if a thread about that subject is resurrected.

I'm not worried about the ride all that much. I think it will be a good ride with great reride potential... certainly a great improvement on what was there. It's the potential theming around the building that I'm not all that excited about.

the-reason14

I'm not worried about the ride all that much. I think it will be a good ride with great reride potential... certainly a great improvement on what was there. It's the potential theming around the building that I'm not all that excited about.

I agree, does anyone know if they are going to change "Mickey Avenue" to something else to fit in with the midway theme or no.

JEANYLASER

i wish the millionaire turned into the incredibles ride because i love the incredibles. the Guest has to save Mickey Mouse from cluches of the evil Syndrome. The Incredibles needs your help. What about you mjharrington? Do you like my idea. i love to see Mickey Mouse teamed up with the Incredibles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom