Millionaire to be closed and Replaced w/ ride.

MAF

There's a difference between popular and sold a bunch of tickets. Sure Disney made a lot of money off of Chicken Little, but is it really that "popular"? I don't think so.....

Pongo

TurnipHead said:
There's a difference between popular and sold a bunch of tickets. Sure Disney made a lot of money off of Chicken Little, but is it really that "popular"? I don't think so.....

...Not really.

If a movie isn't popular, it won't earn money. That's basically how it works.

Kal_el8604

I recall a while back them thinking of replacing the Millionare area with a ride based on Kingdom Hearts or the Power Rangers. I personally would have perfered a Kingdom hearts attraction. But I feel that it would be more interesting to some guests to theme this to KH rather than Toy story.

askmike1

Although I wouldn't mind a new attraction in the D-MGM Studios, it should not replace Millionaire. There are much better locations. What about ABC Theater which hasn't seen an attraction since Doug Live? What about the Backlot Theater which hasn't been open since Hunchback? And I don't care whether or not it holds the lights for the Christmas season, they can be moved. The backlot theater in particular is huge. It is about the same size as the Great Movie Ride show building. And unless I'm missing something, this attractions sounds like a mixture of Sports Plus and Space Ranger Spin. How about something new (and something not involving Pixar characters).

yensidtlaw1969

Pongo said:
...Not really.

I think what he's trying to say is that people saw the trailer and thought it looked interesting and bought tickets to see it, but when they came out they didn't like it.

Whether that's true or not I don't know, but I think that's what he was trying to convey.

yensidtlaw1969

ToTBellHop

Pongo said:
...Not really.

So we are going to lower our standards of popularity b/c Disney hasn't been able to make a good movie in almost ten years? Please. That would be like accepting that Stitch is a great attraction if WDI can't put out a good ride in the next ten years. Chicken Little made $135m in the US. You want a popular movie? The Lion King made over $300m in the US, and that was back in 1994, so if you adjusted for inflation, it would be much more. The Incredibles made over $260m in the US. If you compare Chicken Little's performance to how Cars will likely do next month, it will be no contest to determine which gets the E-Ticket of the DISNEY movies. DISNEY owns PIXAR, so Cars is a DISNEY movie.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
yensidtlaw1969 said:
I think what he's trying to say is that people saw the trailer and thought it looked interesting and bought tickets to see it, but when they came out they didn't like it.

Whether that's true or not I don't know, but I think that's what he was trying to convey.

yensidtlaw1969

I think so too. I saw Nemo and to this day still buy Nemo stuff and am interested in a Nemo ride/show. I saw Chicken Little, in 3D, and could really care less about any merch or attractions that may come from it.

ETA:

To boot, Cars is the first movie i've been interested in going to the theatre to see in months.

mkepcotmgmak

Sledge said:
I think Al's Toy Barn went in it's place. Not exactly sure. I heard it was closed because of the stage being unreliable and something about having too big of a cast.

The actual stage is used mainly for storage (mostly Osbourne lights...)... and the rehearsal and break areas are dressing (and storage areas) for our Star Wars friends... :)

JROK

Does anybody else think that this new attraction sounds sort of... dare I say it... lame? I mean, Buzz is an alright attraction... but do we really need another one, especially since this is still based off Toy Story? Hopefully it won't have the omni-mover style attraction and will be more along the lines of Men in Black: Alien Attack at Universal with cars pairing off against each other...

Epcot82Guy

JROK said:
Does anybody else think that this new attraction sounds sort of... dare I say it... lame? I mean, Buzz is an alright attraction... but do we really need another one, especially since this is still based off Toy Story? Hopefully it won't have the omni-mover style attraction and will be more along the lines of Men in Black: Alien Attack at Universal with cars pairing off against each other...

I agree. I do think there is potential, but another shoot 'em up will seem to be unnecessary competition. I guess it will depend on execution, so we'll have to see. There's a lot of potential, though, so it may just be a lack of information at the moment in light of what this thing will really be.

ToTBellHop

Epcot82Guy said:
I agree. I do think there is potential, but another shoot 'em up will seem to be unnecessary competition. I guess it will depend on execution, so we'll have to see. There's a lot of potential, though, so it may just be a lack of information at the moment in light of what this thing will really be.
There are three dumbo rides in the Magic Kingdom...

Chux

I <3 Millionaire, when I go on Thursday I'm eligible for the hot seat again. I couldn't do it on my last trip (Oct) because once you're in the hot seat, you have to wait a year.

Pete C

I agree about this being a rather lame addition. I haven't really liked any of the shoot-em-up rides out there, and there are plenty of them. They are okay, but that's about it. I'd rather have a straight-up dark ride any day of the week. I guess for kids these days the traditional dark ride isn't entertaining enough or something.

On a side note, why do people keep referring to a Monsters Inc ride at Tomorrowland? As far as I know, it isn't a ride...it's a show. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Shaman

I haven't read every post in this thread, so forgive me, but why replace Millionaire when you have dead space in other areas of the park? That part of the rumor doesn't make sense to me....

I find it really interesting that most new attraction rumor, nowadays, include the word "interactive"...:drevil:

AndreainNY

Maybe I am in the minority, but I have always enjoyed WWTBAM. Maybe because I am not a huge ride person, that became my big reason to go to MGM. While my husband and son rode ToT and RnRC, I would do Millionaire a couple of times. Now that we have two little girls, I know we will be in MGM for the Playhouse Disney stuff, but I was still looking forward to Millionaire.

As for the "sounds" attraction - the first and only time we did that, the headphones i had and the seat i was in stunk of BO and I nearly puked. All I wanted to do was get out of there and take a hot shower!!!

Richie248

First off I didn't even know Sounds Dangerous was still around, secondly, if they are going to put up a new attraction, I think they should rework the backlot area!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom