Millenium Village

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Here goes another "what's left" thread from me! Is anything left in the old Millenium Village Pavilion? As far as I knew, it was used for special occasions. Anyone have pictures? I would like to know cause the gates are closed and there aren't many ways to get in.

ISTCrew20

jedimaster1227 said:
Here goes another "what's left" thread from me! Is anything left in the old Millenium Village Pavilion? As far as I knew, it was used for special occasions. Anyone have pictures? I would like to know cause the gates are closed and there aren't many ways to get in.
The outside of the building is the same as it was in 2000. I have no idea about the inside.

Chape19714

the outside currently says "World Showplace", as this is no the name. It is used for cooperate events. They advertise it as the largest convention center inside a theme park anywhere. This is true. Guests are allowed in from time to time, and I believe Honda had the showplace for the asamo (sp?) robot, which was open to the general public. I don't believe there has been anything since then.

SirNim

Here's a recent photo of the exterior (April 2004, last year):

worldshowplace.jpg

LSUxStitch

joe22 said:
What is currently inside?

All it is, is a convention center. It is a huge building with a lot of space inside. Right now, if nothing is planned for the near future, it is either a storage place or empty.

awalkinthepark

LSUxStitch said:
All it is, is a convention center. It is a huge building with a lot of space inside. Right now, if nothing is planned for the near future, it is either a storage place or empty.

You mean they aren't maintaining the goofy Swedish egg thingy for the future enjoyment of guests?

There was nothing anywhere near as good as the Scottish Pavillion were we were paid to play putt putt all day long and talk about our country.

And that's a fact!

MillVillDavid

I must admit, I never played the golf. But I did get my name written out in Arabic and played in that area across from the golf. You know, the one where you flung yourself against all of those padded columns!

Oh, and I was also on the winning team of that game show at the end once. :sohappy:

That would have been Brazil!

Man they were noisy! We couldn't hear ourselves think! Added to our strong Scottish accents, it was difficult for the guests as wewll as frustrating for us!

Beautiful women though!

MillVillDavid

Sloan

special events at Food & Wine Festival

The facility is used for the Party for the Senses during the food and wine festival. It has an open floor plan, so it's able to be set up easily for the event. When it is prepared for that, it's really nice - great lighting, plenty of space.

awalkinthepark

ThreeCircles said:
What are you talking about? That was an awesome attraction!

I especially liked the windy egg.

Wasn't in there long enough to feel so much as a breeze...it was a mob scene in there(the entire attraction) and it felt as though you needed to keep moving or be crushed....I do remember the floor being brown and soggy in one part though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom