Millenium Village

stuart

MillVillDavid said:
There was nothing anywhere near as good as the Scottish Pavillion were we were paid to play putt putt all day long and talk about our country.

And that's a fact!

MillVillDavid

Yup, was def the best thing that there was there and we spent a fair amount of time there in the two weeks we were there. Ive still got one of the people that worked there on my msn although i havent spoken to her for a while now.

It sure wudve been a great job to have...one question....what was the most someone offered you for ur special edition CM pin. I remember the CM i know/knew teling me she was offered quite a lot for them.

One of the other great things was the Brazillian football thing...just wonder why we didnt get a football thing as well lol. And also the four seasons thing in Sweden was good as well...there were a number of people walking through it who thought i was some kind of human freek going by teh time i could have ma hands on teh huge ice thing.

Ahh well....was good while it lasted....mayb Disney should look back to how popular that was and install a mini putting green around the United Kingdom area of World Showcase....that would be good.

Disney_CP_2004

sorry no pics here....BUT they hold a lot of CM events in there......it is a HUGE empty warehouse shaped like a L in a way, with carpet, and no windows..... Nothing really OOOH and AHHH over....but yeah ya know

JuanD_20k

some pics from food and wine

here are some pictures of the inside of the Millenium Village. It has been changed around from what it used to be. These were taken from the Food and Wine Festival special dinner. They had samples of food and artists doing their thing. Very nice. It also seems to be set up for an afterparty from La Nouba. But I'm not totally sure. But since they had La Nouba performers there and art of La Nouba its a pretty good guess. Sorry for the blurry pictures, it was dark and my digital camera is a little lacking..

0385eq.jpg

SpenceMan01

MillVillDavid said:
There was nothing anywhere near as good as the Scottish Pavillion were we were paid to play putt putt all day long and talk about our country.

And that's a fact!

MillVillDavid

You don't happen to know if a CM named Hastings worked there with you, do you? He helped us at DTD guest relations in Jan. Awesome guy.

Chape19714

Maybe the Soarin' Exit could be re-routed to there, so it could become the HUGE gift shop everyone is complianing we DON'T have!!! lol :lol: :hammer:

That would be Great!

askmike1

Here are 2 pictures from when ASIMO was there.
test6ui.jpg

test3ho.jpg

You'll notice it looks pretty empty, but there was no need for a lot as it was just the stage. Also, the entrance had some other things in it too.

-Michael

I dont ever remember seeing this. Where is this located. Im guessing it is in the world showcase part of the park but other than that i have no clue where it is.

gsimpson

It is also used for NYE celebrations

I was there this past New Years Eve and they had it split between a pretty good restaraunt and a Big Band with dance floor. It was actually very well done and we all enjoyed it quite a lot. The only complaint was the bars did not have proper POS/cash registers and you couldn't use your room key and it took a long time for them to figure your price and then to make change.

Dizknee_Phreek

marlaymike said:
I think Disney should open that pavillion again but changing the countries like once or every other year.
Yes, I like this idea. When MV first opened, I wasn't all that impressed, to be honest. But now that it's gone, I kind of miss it.
And I've recently become very interested in all things Greek - so, when MV was around, I didn't even notice that Greece was represented, but now I wish I had known, and cared back then.
How was it represented, btw? I know there wasn't any "big" attraction thing for it, so was it just a shop? And if so, what kinds of stuff did they sell?

JoeyJoe

That ASIMO scares me. Really it does. I am glad it is gone. His face is horrifying.

I am a grown man and literally couldn't look at it.

Even that picture scares me

It is the most bizarre thing to ever come to Disney

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
One day, the robots will rule us all... maybe they already do... maybe we are in the matrix right now... the choice is yours... the blue pill or the red pill...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom