Millenium Village

alanindy

On my visit in May, I saw some "recycled" elements from Millenium Village in other pavillions and possibly elsewhere on the property. For the life of me, I cant remember where! I definitely remember seeing the "egg" from Sweden used in another innoventions exhibit, but also one of them somewhere else. Can anyone help jog my memory?

OliveMcFly

ThreeCircles - But I did get my name written out in Arabic
I remember that. I wish I knew where it was. I thought that Millenuim Villiage was fun. They could put a 'House of Tomorrow" in there. Wasn't there one at the World's Fair. That might be interesting.

KaliSplash

Dizknee_Phreek said:
Yes, I like this idea. When MV first opened, I wasn't all that impressed, to be honest. But now that it's gone, I kind of miss it.
And I've recently become very interested in all things Greek - so, when MV was around, I didn't even notice that Greece was represented, but now I wish I had known, and cared back then.
How was it represented, btw? I know there wasn't any "big" attraction thing for it, so was it just a shop? And if so, what kinds of stuff did they sell?

Only went once, though we did a pretty thorough job at the time (2-3 hours). I believe Greece may have been represented by a counter service food establishment. It is possible that I missed a Greek shop on the way out.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
A great idea would be to reopen the pavilion with sponsered exhibits from different countries that change each year, nothing to fancy but would give the cool looking pavilion a better and more usable purpose!

Dizknee_Phreek

KaliSplash said:
Only went once, though we did a pretty thorough job at the time (2-3 hours). I believe Greece may have been represented by a counter service food establishment. It is possible that I missed a Greek shop on the way out.
Ah! Thank you! *sigh* well, I wish I had known then that Greek food is good. I might've had some from there. I do wish they would make a Greek eatery SOMEwhere in WDW.

prisoner

alanindy said:
I definitely remember seeing the "egg" from Sweden used in another innoventions exhibit, but also one of them somewhere else.

I won't say you didn't, but this seems unlikely. If I remember the signs at the egg, it was itself recycled from a recent Expo exhibit. So it seems likely the sponsors took the eggs home to use again somewhere.

prisoner

DisneyGrl85 said:
I remember that. I wish I knew where it was. I thought that Millenuim Villiage was fun. They could put a 'House of Tomorrow" in there. Wasn't there one at the World's Fair. That might be interesting.

I think you might be thinking of the Monsanto Home of the Future that was at Disneyland, and most recently (is it still there?) was reincarnated as The House of Innoventions (why is this not the name I remember?) in Innovations East.

The 1964 Worlds Fair did feature a bit of exposure to a home of tomorrow as part of GE's Carousel of Progress, but the real focus of the "tormorrow" segment was Progress City.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom