Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017

Kman101

You and I both know the parks will be jam-packed by the 22nd. They'll just be at Epcot. They used to end these around the 17th or 18th. They are trying to push this as close to Christmas as possible. This year, the "free" holiday entertainment that comes with your $132 ticket and $934/night Garden View room at Grand Fla. will last for 9 measly days. Maybe next year they can make Santa a MVMCP-exclusive until 12/23.

Pretty sure I went to a party between the 19th and 21st back in 2007/2008 ... so they've been pushing them that long for a while now. Maybe not every year but the last one I attended was pretty much right before Christmas and before I was blocked out.

WDW1974

But between Christmas and New Years, every day is a Christmas party. You get the Christmas parade, Christmas stage show, Christmas fireworks, etc....

The party nights are designed to take what you get Christmas week and spread it out two months previously.

Oh, you mean stuff you once got starting Thanksgiving weekend, included with regular park admission?

Let me guess. First WDW visit was in 2007? 2009? 2011?

IanDLBZF

Oh, you mean stuff you once got starting Thanksgiving weekend, included with regular park admission?
Seems you must be confused. And Spirit, I am sure @MisterPenguin has had more visits to WDW before as well.
But between Christmas and New Years, every day is a Christmas party. You get the Christmas parade, Christmas stage show, Christmas fireworks, etc....

The party nights are designed to take what you get Christmas week and spread it out two months previously.
And as far as the Christmas Party stuff goes, let me clarify.
  1. The party nights do include the entertainment that is performed during "Christmas Week" (which I am defining as the day after the last MVMCP until New Year's Eve). That being said, I am specifically referring to Holiday Wishes, Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade, and Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration. Some stuff is exclusive to the party (i.e. Snow on Main Street);
  2. There is stuff however, such as the treats and exclusive characters, that are exclusive to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party;
  3. And lastly, A Frozen Holiday Wish (Castle Lighting) takes place nightly from November through January, regardless of whether there is MVMCP that night or not;

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Oh, you want to talk about my experience? Is that how you personalize things in discussions about WDW current policies? Whip out the length of our APs and compare who has a better recollection of the golden years and who's just a babe who knows nothing? No thanks, Mr. President of the Forums. You win. You've had an AP for decades. You're a DVCer. You're going to WDW several times this year and hitting the rest of the international parks except one, so, you know best. You should take up tweeting about how you know best and you should be running Disney.

WDW1974

Seems you must be confused. And Spirit, I am sure @MisterPenguin has had more visits to WDW before as well.

I am not at all confused. I have seen the Christmas Parade -- known as MVMCParade -- in the MK on Turkey Weekend for FREE. As to the other poster, I have no idea ... he was being smarmy with me and I just gave it back since I think these parties have gotten totally out of hand.

And as far as the Christmas Party stuff goes, let me clarify.
  1. The party nights do include the entertainment that is performed during "Christmas Week" (which I am defining as the day after the last MVMCP until New Year's Eve). That being said, I am specifically referring to Holiday Wishes, Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade, and Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration. Some stuff is exclusive to the party (i.e. Snow on Main Street);
  2. There is stuff however, such as the treats and exclusive characters, that are exclusive to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party;
  3. And lastly, A Frozen Holiday Wish (Castle Lighting) takes place nightly from November through January, regardless of whether there is MVMCP that night or not;

1.) There was a time when all Christmas entertainment at WDW was offered for free as part of admission, generally starting the Thanksgiving weekend. This even went on when MVMCP started as it began slowly with only two nights and then two weekends, and was considered special because you got extras for free.
2.) Yay! Lousy cookies and hot chocolate for all!
3.) That is something relatively new. I believe the first year it happened wasn't until sometime around 2008-2010, but I am sure someone else here knows for sure.

WDW1974

Oh, you want to talk about my experience? Is that how you personalize things in discussions about WDW current policies? Whip out the length of our APs and compare who has a better recollection of the golden years and who's just a babe who knows nothing? No thanks, Mr. President of the Forums. You win. You've had an AP for decades. You're a DVCer. You're going to WDW several times this year and hitting the rest of the international parks except one, so, you know best. You should take up tweeting about how you know best and you should be running Disney.

You sound very angry and jealous. ... You attacked and you didn't like my response. I don't care.

I asked because I am curious. Because people are trying to say that someone who has visited for all of eight years can talk with authority about how WDW was last century. They can't. I don't care how many blogs you've read or authored. At some point, experience does count.

But you seem to want to talk politics a lot too ... maybe I hurt your feelings down there. I don't recall.

Oh, and I never said I know best, but glad you think I do. Warms the cockles. Oh, and who are you on the Tweeter?

SpoiledBlueMilk

Cannot wait. This is the timing for our annual WDW trip - the "slow" weekend in December after Thanksgiving and before Christmas. Looking forward to this so much!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You and I both know the parks will be jam-packed by the 22nd. They'll just be at Epcot. They used to end these around the 17th or 18th. They are trying to push this as close to Christmas as possible. This year, the "free" holiday entertainment that comes with your $132 ticket and $934/night Garden View room at Grand Fla. will last for 9 measly days. Maybe next year they can make Santa a MVMCP-exclusive until 12/23.
Yep. I imagine schools will start closing between the 18th and the 20th...

ToTBellHop

I dont believe it does.
Interesting. Granted it always seemed a bit much to me to have to pay for a party ticket and then largely be sequested for two hours of the even with the dessert party.

I wonder how well these sell. I've never had a problem getting a great spot for fireworks at the parties, desserts are aplenty, and I'd rather have the straight-on view and snow overhead. It makes more sense to me (not that I'd personally pay) on a normal night when 30,000 people want to see HEA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom