Mickey's PhilharMagic coming to DCA this April

dlr74

Original Poster
From the Disneyland Resort Line CM Magazine:

Sounds like there will be a Donald Duck butt - and the stretched screen effect will be accomplished by projecting onto the walls

SuddenStorm

From the Disneyland Resort Line CM Magazine:

Sounds like there will be a Donald Duck butt - and the stretched screen effect will be accomplished by projecting onto the walls

View attachment 367451View attachment 367452

"Guests Join Donald on a 3D adventure through classic stories including "Fantasia", "Beauty and the Beast", "Peter Pan", and more"

Disneyland used to have a show like that... I think it was called "Fantasmic" or something like that...

fravit

Let's ask for something to return that we've never seen in person. Personally, the inner band geek in my would rather see the return of the Power of Blast.

I am also a former band geek and yes ... Power of Blast was incredible. I only wish I'd seen it more when it was at DCA. I've seen the full live version 4 times though and I have the DVD, so I'm just whining.

VJ

the marquee looks temporary because it is. A “new entry and state of the art LED marquee” will debut later in the summer.
to be fair, pizza planet and red rose taverne (although the latter's been fixed) were originally "temporary"

edit: i see where that excerpt came from now; i stand corrected (but my point is the assumption i made was not pulled out of thin air)

fravit

A “new entry and state of the art LED marquee” will debut later in the summer.

An LED marquee sounds like something that can be easily reprogrammed for other things.

Honestly, if this theater became a flex space for past Disney 3D attractions, I'd be fine with that. I think a seasonally / monthly / daily rotation of old favs like Philharmagic, Bugs, Magic Journeys, Honey, etc would be really neat. Especially since I think the days of 4D Theater Shows being considered viable attractions are probably over, considering 3D doesn't impress like it used to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom