Mickey's Philarmagic

DizneyPryncess

It's one of my favorite rides too! Second fave in the MK! There's not big lines because it holds tons of people - I don't think 3D shows usually have as big of waits.

There's a great hidden mickey in the Agrabah flying carpet scene. My family & I read about it in the hidden mickey book, and we all were looking for it. Suddenly we saw it, and you saw all 6 hands go up and point at the exact same time. It was magical for me ~ and i'm sure the people behind us wondered what in the world we all pointed at! :)

Texas84

Nothing better on a hot afternoon while waiting for your Peter Pan FastPass! :lol: I think a lot of people don't even know it's there!

Tink313

I just love it. Its the best. I must admit I cry everytime I see it. It just amazes me that Im experiencing something so beautiful with my children, & seeing thier enjoyment. :eek: I cant wait till august.

jeffk410

Original Poster
agreed

It is my favorite 3d and ive only been on the sight for about a month ,but i noticed it is never talked about. And when i realized that my 2nd trip of the year is in 18 days i got excited and thought about it and i was wondering if people liked it as much as me because i never saw a big line except the first two years. But great points with the big theatre i guess i didnt think about the size as much but isnt its a bugs life a larger theater? and thjat usually has atleast 10-15 min plus the waiting area when i go. (given it is februrary vacation usually)

jeffk410

Original Poster
me too

I also am a huge Donald fan. It kinda bugs me sometimes that its called Mickeys Philarmagic it makes sense because it is mickeys orchestra, but i just want a ride focused on donald and named after him. No the mexico ride does not count! lol

disney9752

i watched an old video of the mickey mouse review which was where the philharmagic is now. the current show seems like a very updated version of the orignal show mickey mouse review form 71. anyone else agree?

yankspy

I'm in the minority here, but I could take or leave Mickey's Philharmagic. Of the 3-D films currently at Disney World, it ranks a solid third, below Muppet-Vision and It's Tough to Be a Bug. Considering that Toy Story Mania is 3-D as well, Philharmagic may end up rating below that, too. I love the Fab 5 like everyone else (I own every Disney Treasures DVD release featuring them), but this incarnation just sort of left me underwhelmed and feeling like I'd seen it all before. There's not even a preshow to enjoy. I still check it out every time I go to Disney World, but I much preferred the previous occupants - Legend of the Lion King and The Mickey Mouse Revue.
I would definately agree that it ranks behind those. The muppets just crack me up and It's tough to be a bug has some cool effects. I do enjoy Philharmagic quite a bit though. I will admit that I also miss the Mickey Mouse Revue. Anyway, here is a pic of it from my photo album just in case you wanted to reminisce.
scan0010.jpg
Perhaps I will just have to go to Tokyo to see it again.

Rob562

For those curious, here are the seating capacities I found for the current WDW 3D films:

Tough To Be A Bug - 430
PhilharMagic - 486
MuppetVision - 584
HISTA - 592

-Rob

y2jb78

I agree with everyone here...I LOVE Philmarmagic. I was so amazed the first time I saw it and it was just the same the second time. I've never seen long wait times either, but I have seen the waiting area fill up pretty quickly while I'm waiting for the previous show to finish. I think the short wait times do have more to do with the seating capacity in the theater. I always try to go during slow months too so that might have something to do with it.

Disney_Belle

I LOVE Philharmagic. It is the very first attraction I go see. I always go to MK the day I arrive in WDW and make a bee-line through the castle right to MP.

I don't think I have ever seen a large line for it. But the theater is large too.

IMO it is one of the best WDW attractions.

mindy0509

I agree with everyone here. When talking to people about going to WDW I always tell them this is a must see for the whole family. I think it is the ONLY 3D show in WDW that does not leave young children fearing for their lives. My husband and I do not have any children but LOVE watching kids squeal with joy when they see their favorite Disney Characters on the screen literally reaching out to them. One of my favorite parts is when Ariel throws out the gems and all the kids and some adults (including me:animwink:) reach out to grab them.

jonnyc

Some one beat me too the Cheap 3D Tricks gag :slurp:

I am a fan of it, although my fave 3d attraction is MuppetVision, probably because i am a huge ran of Statler and Waldorf's dry humour!

Statler: Oh, no, it's that bear again.
Waldorf: Hey, bear, you're not even funny in 3-D!
Fozzie Bear: Oh, no, not you guys. How'd you get here?
Statler: We entered a contest.
Waldorf: Yeah, and we lost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom