Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade with Pics

fizzle75

Ahh cool, so could anyone clear this up, has this completely replaced Mickey's Very Merry Christmas parade, I have been getting confused because WDW's site uses both names on different dates of the year. :confused:

Yeah, I'm a little confused about that too. Are both parades going to run but just on different dates or has Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade been retired?

Thanks OP for the pics, you really made my day! I can't wait to see it in person in a few weeks!

rainfully

Original Poster
There were children there last night. Why I don't know since it was a cast preview. Someone speculated that they were there so this could be filmed for a commercial.

I sat near them.. towards the Town Square end of Main Street. I called them "Barney Kids" because they reminded me of the cheesy kids from Barney. They were waving and being overly cheesy the whole time. When we left I noticed a camera rig on an arm that I didn't see when I was sitting down.

You can kind of see them in the background here:

220017531-M.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Mickey's very Merry Christmas Parade has been retired (because, well, it's essentially the same parade - can you imagine them re-decorating the floats each day to fit which parade its supposed to be?)

The Disneyworld.com website people smoke crack.

reflection

Not to sure i'm happy about this or not, I mean we all knew it would not be a totally new parade with completely new floats.

I am very anxious to hear the music. Is it upbeat? or on the calm side?

mpaul32001

Not to sure i'm happy about this or not, I mean we all knew it would not be a totally new parade with completely new floats.

I am very anxious to hear the music. Is it upbeat? or on the calm side?

Yea, if anyone has the audio and is willing to send it, please PM me....

fusionblaz

And like that is really going to happen you guys? lol Would be nice to have the music but, HIGHLY unlikely.

Cant say I am very happy about the majority of the floats being the same. Lets just hope the music is cool and fun and makes up for all the floats not being new lol.

CTXRover

Thanks for the great photos!

It looks like the 'new' parade is simply a refurbished MVMCP. The only new floats I noticed was Scrooge McDuck's, the toy horse and the box of presents. Everything else was in the old parade. One of my favorites from MVMCP was the steamboat and I didn't see it in your photos. Is it still in the parade or was it shelved?

I look forward to hearing the new music.

The castle lights look great in the background.

Also nice to see the wreaths back on the lamposts on MS. They have been MIA since the 100 YOM celebration back in 2001.

TinkerBell9988

I sat near them.. towards the Town Square end of Main Street. I called them "Barney Kids" because they reminded me of the cheesy kids from Barney. They were waving and being overly cheesy the whole time. When we left I noticed a camera rig on an arm that I didn't see when I was sitting down.

You can kind of see them in the background here:

220017531-M.jpg

That is so cool! Its easy to tell they were filming a commercial. All the kids are dressed in primary, single colors. Its a commercial thing. Trust me :lol:.

joanna71985

Thanks for the great photos!

It looks like the 'new' parade is simply a refurbished MVMCP. The only new floats I noticed was Scrooge McDuck's, the toy horse and the box of presents. Everything else was in the old parade. One of my favorites from MCMCP was the steamboat and I didn't see it in your photos. Is it still in the parade or was it shelved?

I look forward to hearing the new music.

The castle lights look great in the background.

Also nice to see the wreaths back on the lamposts on MS. They have been MIA since the 100 YOM celebration back in 2001.

You're right- I didn't see it either. I love that float.

ranbart

Thanks for the great pictures. Was wondering what camera you used to take them, I'm looking to get a new digital camera.

thanks.

tecowdw

Cool. A MK parade at 3:15 am.
(way too late for me though)

However, I'm little disappointed that most of the floats are the same. Surely been advertised as being more different than that. Hope the music is good. I loved the old music so much.

And thanks for posting the pictures!!
:xmas:

the-reason14

I seen a short vid on youtube of the "new" parade, and the music I didnt really like esp. compared to the old parade. It wasnt good audio wise, but from what I heard they play Ill be home for Christmas, The Christmas Song, and I cant remember the rest. I dont think they play The most Wonderful time song any more.

jrh1985

I seen a short vid on youtube of the "new" parade, and the music I didnt really like esp. compared to the old parade. It wasnt good audio wise, but from what I heard they play Ill be home for Christmas, The Christmas Song, and I cant remember the rest. I dont think they play The most Wonderful time song any more.

Link please?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom